Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,772 members, 7,820,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? (742 Views)

When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by NifemiOlu(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sonia Van Meter describes herself as an "aspiring Martian" -she hopes to be one of the first humans on the planet in 10 years' time. But it would mean never seeing her husband again. Van Meter herself pays tribute to her loved ones, saying: "I am incredibly fortunate in that I have a remarkable family to leave behind."Mars One's plan is to ship four Marstronauts out to the red planet every two years, beginning in 2024, until there is a settlement of up to 40 - the finance coming from a reality TV show made by the people behind Big Brother.

Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by mstik(f): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ha
Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by Kanwulia: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
I think I prefer DUBAI!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by egopersonified(f): 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
For those going on this journey, please try not to come back at all and be warned, suicide is not an option.
Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by Dygeasy(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2014
As long as human beings (probably mad scientists) will be there with me what will be the difference between Mars and Earth.
Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by davidflipcy(m): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Why not @ OP. I would love to go and experience this. But what the organisers of this Mars one project didn't give explanation on is the issue of sex and reproduction. Will the first martians be allowed to have sex and have babies? According to them they will be sending 4 people to mars to represent humanity (2 males 2 females)
Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by NifemiOlu(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
davidflipcy: Why not @ OP. I would love to go and experience this. But what the organisers of this Mars one project didn't give explanation on is the issue of sex and reproduction. Will the first martians be allowed to have sex and have babies? According to them they will be sending 4 people to mars to represent humanity (2 males 2 females)

It's 40 people over the period of time. 20 females and 20 males. I guess they will be made to reproduce and populate Mars.
Re: Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? by davidflipcy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
NifemiOlu:

It's 40 people over the period of time. 20 females and 20 males. I guess they will be made to reproduce and populate Mars.
you don't understand what am saying. Or maybe you don't know where this guys are going to . Mars with no oxygen, thin atmosphere, is that the kind of environment you want to raise a kid? And do you think Mars One project is providing space for child rearing. According to Mars One packs of contraceptives will be packed along with them. If actually they really wanna procreate they won't pack contraceptives. They have to check,research and make a better analysis of Mars than the info we have with us on earth. In future (maybe 20yrs after the first landing) the martians might be permitted to procreate .

(1) (Reply)

What Would U Wish To Change In Your Family? / What Is Your Definition Of Success? / Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.