Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,162 members, 7,957,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? (765 Views)

Better Pay Or Job Satisfaction. / What To Consider - Job Satisfaction Or Financial Reward? / I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? by twaintoy(f): 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Let's forget the situation of the country, if you were to choose one, which one would it be?

Job SATISFACTION or the PAY?

Remember there's nothing like doing what you love doing best, and also remember you got bills to pay.
Re: Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? by Worksunlimited: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
All things being equal - Would choose job satisfaction over the pay cos i love my peace of mind die, if i dont enjoy what i do, whats the essence of doing it in the first place na ... buh most times i look for both.

1 Like

Re: Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? by CrazyMan(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
Salary is something you negotiate once and take home once every thirty days.

Job satisfaction on the other hand keeps you happy every minute of every day. So ideally a good balance of both is required. But there is no doubt in my mind that of the two, job satisfaction is definitely more important.

It is the one thing that keeps you motivated. If you are motivated, you perform better and you grow. If you grow, you become even more satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? by Caracta(f): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Job satisfaction would drive more meaning to the Pay. You would feel miserable if you get paid high but didn't enjoy the job.

Job satisfaction makes you stand out and excel because you would work as if your existence and peace of mind depended on it. That would invariably lead to open doors and career breakthrough (all things being equal); and maybe higher pay.

However, sometimes, the pay could provide a certain sense of satisfaction...because you expect a reasonable sense of pay or gratitude when you work very hard or make certain sacrifices for your employer.

Your job satisfaction can also be affected if you had nothing in your pocket or bank account to show the rewards of a good job.

Job satisfaction is more important (and healthy) but the Pay would go a long way too.

Some jobs don't even come with good pay or satisfaction. You gotta make do with what you have.

3 Likes

Re: Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? by twaintoy(f): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caracta:
Job satisfaction would drive more meaning to the Pay. You would feel miserable if you get paid high but didn't enjoy the job.

Job satisfaction makes you stand out and excel because you would work as if your existence and peace of mind depended on it. That would invariably lead to open doors and career breakthrough (all things being equal); and maybe higher pay.

However, sometimes, the pay could provide a certain sense of satisfaction...because you expect a reasonable sense of pay or gratitude when you work very hard or make certain sacrifices for your employer.

Your job satisfaction can also be affected if you had nothing in your pocket or bank account to show the rewards of a good job.

Job satisfaction is more important (and healthy) but the Pay would go a long way too.

Some jobs don't even come with good pay or satisfaction. You gotta make do with what you have.
Good points, me likey.

(1) (Reply)

5 Must Have Mobile Apps For Job Seekers / A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? / 1.5million Email Address Of Top Business Executives And CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.