Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped (15436 Views)

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by shorexng: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
Arguements for and against entrepreneurship and paid employment never cease to amaze me. Salary earners earn a living by helping the entrepreneur build his business. Entrepreneurs earn their living by taking a lead in a business; they employ salary earners to help them achieve the organizations' dreams. So, why the fuse?
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Elxandre(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
2sExy1: sorry to say.... you lack common sense. I know your idea of an entrepreneur is in the class of Bill Gates, Dangote et al but you fail to realise that these guys also started from scratch and therefore, it means that anyone who does not start big isn't an entrepreneur.

What is your definition of Entrepreneurship?

Entrepreneurship is the process of starting a business or other organization. The entrepreneur develops a business model, acquires the human and other required resources, and is fully responsible for its success or failure--Wikipedia

I don't waste time on folks like you... so where there are no jobs, people should still fold their hands and wait for manner to fall from heaven or you will feed them?

Rubbish!
Thanks for typing what I wanted to type.
An entrepreneur was once a hustler!

You even have no idea of what an entrepreneur is.
Alexander Amosu started his first business selling ringtones to a few students, just like the roadside boys we have in Nigeria(I'm sure your type would have labeled him a street hustler/hooligan) but today he's a legit entrepreneur.

This thread is meaningless friend.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Juwonmania(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
am so happy when I read topics like this..... Am a 200 level student of Osun state University studing Entrepreneur as a course. people have said it all about Ent. do u know u can be an Entrepreneur and don't own a business? that's Intrapreneurship. An Entrepreneur and Intrapreneurship must be innovative. but what bothers me most is when a barber ( hair stylist) comes out and say he's an Entrepreneur.. I say NO.. he might be running a business though but not production, not innovative, not introducing a new idea, .... I strongly believe that for u to call yourself an Entrepreneur, u must have skills, ability to think, self confidence, always be ready to face risk in investing, u must also embrace failure as part of work always..
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Negro1: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: And to those calling me dumb, you are entitled to your opinion.

I never said being Bill Gates makes you an entrepreneur. But you will agree that these men are risk takers and innovative.

Go to universities, you will lose count of the number of "be your own boss seminars". While these may motivate you to act, the truth is that not everybody will act. The number of those that act and quit afterwards because things don't come easy is relatively high. Does this make you an entrepreneur?

IMO sitting down and doing nothing doesn't make you an entrepreneur, neither does being skeptical and sitting on defence make you one.

And like one of the comments, the definition is subject to personal interpretation.
I want to ask you a question. After reading the definition of entrepreneur from wikipedia as posted by 2sexy1, how many unemployed folks that are sitting on their sorry bottoms doing nothing call themselves entrepreneurs? (that you have heard of).

You see as much as I appreciate ur post, you've got it twisted. there are entrepreneurs and there are aspiring entrepreneurs. That someone is still at the idea stage or plans to start something but is yet to doesnt mean he is not an entrepreneur, he is simply an aspiring entrepreneur.

And contrary to what you said everyone can become an entrepreneur, the only question is are they willing?

Sure, the word is being celebrated more than what it stands for (the innovative et al part)

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Juwonmania: am so happy when I read topics like this..... Am a 200 level student of Osun state University studing Entrepreneur as a course. people have said it all about Ent. do u know u can be an Entrepreneur and don't own a business? that's Intrapreneurship. An Entrepreneur and Intrapreneurship must be innovative. but what bothers me most is when a barber ( hair stylist) comes out and say he's an Entrepreneur.. I say NO.. he might be running a business though but not production, not innovative, not introducing a new idea, .... I strongly believe that for u to call yourself an Entrepreneur, u must have skills, ability to think, self confidence, always be ready to face risk in investing, u must also embrace failure as part of work always..

Please provide a dictionary or any other genuine definition of an entrepreneur, and tell us how a barber doesn't fit into the definition.

Now, let's analyse your statement(s) and relate it with the hair stylist you mentioned.
You said an entrepreneur must:

* Have skills : Isn't the art of hair-styling a skill? Can you do the job? I guess no. So a skill is it.

* ability to think : You will agree with me that if a hair-stylist can't think well, he/she in the first place can't learn the skill, not to talk of starting a business.

* self confidence : if he/she isn't confident, he won't/cant fix your hair, because he fairs messing it up. Because he/she has the skill/experience, he/she believes in him/her(self) to do a perfect job. I believe you lack the confidence of waking up 2mrw and fixing your lecturer's hair; why? Cos you don't have the skill.

* Ready to take risk : well, if he/she fairs taking risk, he/she won't use his/her money (or probably a borrowed money) to start a business. Because the possibility is dia that he/she starts the biz, and encounter extremely low patronage.

* embrace failure : he/she is a risk taker in the first place, so failure won't discourage him/her.

Last bullet: hair stylist ooo, akara seller ooo, water vendor ooo, motor mechanic ooo, factory owner ooo, any business owner is an entrepreneur

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by mecussey(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
autofreak2020: Thank God it is your opinion.

Everybody can't be a god...somebody must serve sombody. I later realised this, the rich dad poor dad book is ok but not good enough.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Juwonmania: am so happy when I read topics like this..... Am a 200 level student of Osun state University studing Entrepreneur as a course. people have said it all about Ent. do u know u can be an Entrepreneur and don't own a business? that's Intrapreneurship. An Entrepreneur and Intrapreneurship must be innovative. but what bothers me most is when a barber ( hair stylist) comes out and say he's an Entrepreneur.. I say NO.. he might be running a business though but not production, not innovative, not introducing a new idea, .... I strongly believe that for u to call yourself an Entrepreneur, u must have skills, ability to think, self confidence, always be ready to face risk in investing, u must also embrace failure as part of work always..

Please provide a dictionary or any other genuine definition of an entrepreneur, and tell us how a barber doesn't fit into the definition.

Now, let's analyse your statement(s) and relate it with the hair stylist you mentioned.

* Have skills : Isn't the art of hair-styling a skill? Can you do the job? I guess no. So a skill is it.

* ability to think : You will agree with me that if a hair-stylist can't think well, he/she in the first place can't learn the skill, not to talk of starting a business.

* self confidence : if he/she isn't confident, he won't/cant fix your hair, because he fairs messing it up. Because he/she has the skill/experience, he/she believes in him/her(self) to do a perfect job. I believe you lack the confidence of waking up 2mrw and fixing your lecturer's hair; why? Cos you don't have the skill.

* Ready to take risk : well, if he/she fairs taking risk, he/she won't use his/her money (or probably a borrowed money) to start a business. Because the possibility is dia that he/she starts the biz, and encounter extremely low patronage.

* embrace failure : he/she is a risk taker in the first place, so failure won't discourage him/her.

Last bullet: hair stylist ooo, akara seller ooo, water vendor ooo, motor mechanic ooo, factory owner ooo, any business owner is an entrepreneur

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by acorntree(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Who are the real entrepreeur? An arm robbers, fraudsters, prostitute and even a common petty trader, who hardly make 10k in a month will call himself or herself entrepreneur. No innovation, no outstanding skill , some dont even the technical and marketing skill to run a business and still claim to be an entrepreneur. Some business are just jack of all trade, commodity 'me too' product, usually with poor system in place, labour intensive, dependent only on one or two people. No residual income, no brand, poorly leveraged products, and most of these businesses have too many competitors as a result the owner dont build relationship just do transactionc, the salesperson always looking for the sucker ,always selling as a one off deal. And someone still someone still businesss owner an entrepreneur.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by darqly(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
xtervaganza: Op is incredibly dumb

Being an entrepreneur isn't all about the money or how big the enterprise is...

It's about being in control of your life and destiny.

As an entrepreneur u can decide to stay at home a day of do whatever you like

U can't working under an institution or a boss

First off, calling someone "'incredibly dumb" because he shared an opinion doesn't make you ANY smarter, seeing as your reply is error-strewn.
Secondly, your claim that an entrepreneur can decide to stay home for a day is precisely why the op said the term entrepreneurship is being misused. If you truly developed a business model you're passionate about and earn a living from it, i doubt if you'd just decide not to open shop one day because you're the boss and can do whatever you like. Many business and so-called entreprenuers fail mainly because they lack discipline and don't have a business plan; They just go with the flow and keep yakking about not working for someone whilst their businesses are barely afloat.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
acorntree: Who are the real entrepreeur? An arm robbers, fraudsters, prostitute and even a common petty trader, who hardly make 10k in a month will call himself or herself entrepreneur. No innovation, no outstanding skill , some dont even the technical and marketing skill to run a business and still claim to be an entrepreneur.

An armed robber is a criminal, a fraudster is a criminal, a prostitute is a w-hore, but a petty trader, is an entrepreneur.

Point of correction: technical/marketing skills isn't a prerequisite for becoming an entrepreneur, one can always hire others to do it.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by xtervaganza(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
darqly:

First off, calling someone "'incredibly dumb" because he shared an opinion doesn't make you ANY smarter, seeing as your reply is error-strewn.
Secondly, your claim that an entrepreneur can decide to stay home for a day is precisely why the op said the term entrepreneurship is being misused. If you truly developed a business model you're passionate about and earn a living from it, i doubt if you'd just decide not to open shop one day because you're the boss and can do whatever you like. Many business and so-called entreprenuers fail mainly because they lack discipline and don't have a business plan; They just go with the flow and keep yakking about not working for someone whilst their businesses are barely afloat.
1st I agree I shouldn't have said that

But by the bonded 2nd part; I think I'm right or maybe I didn't just put it well enough

Let's say u have a place to go , u can decide on ur own as the owner of the business to go without seeking anyone approval

No matter what being yourself boss beats working under anybody

Believe me
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Callfubu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Over-hyped??!!! Wrong word.. I would say over-used. An entrepreneur is not just a business magnate, but someone who has passion for what he is doing regardless of where the tide takes his business to. He is determined to make that business work because he believes in it, not because it reeks in money. Once a person goes into a business with the sole purpose of making money, that alone rules him out as an entrepreneur
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by franzis(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
francleanflexy: some Nigerians are so dumb right ?
There are millions n millions of jobs opportunities in nigeria which are just waiting to be filled n yet someppl want to stress themselves by being Entrepreneurs.
#sarcasm
I am sure that millions and millions of jobs u talking about is in ur village #SarcasmOfTheHighestOrder

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by roqrules04(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Enterpreneurs are Hustlers
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Olutola88(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
DAVE5:

sorry to say, but your type is dangerous cos you keep on discouraging people with your creepy threads, like indirectly telling people that not making 2:1 up is not god enuff and you were going to create a thread abt why entrepreneurship is overhyped, get a life and do somthing positive for once pls....

The country is not not helping, so please instead of putting fear in people, try to alleviate their problems even if it means putting a smile on someone's face....
Lmao! You make me laugh in Swahili! I'll try to be courteous enough not to use epithets on you.

Why do people just jump into illogical conclusions? At least you'll take a chill pill and see how I'll approach the subject.

Lemme shock you, I had my first business when I was 17years of Age and I'm still into to the same business( it has expanded in 10 folds).

Did you know what Entrepreneurship was when you were age 17? So, stop attacking people you know nothing about.

And what about my 2.1 thread? How does that discourage Entrepreneurship? Every wise person that read that piece knew it didn't in anyway discourage Entrepreneurial drive.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by greatestman(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: @mylncopr the basics therefore becomes who is an entrepreneur and what what are the qualities that make an individual an entrepreneur?

Going by your definition, ability to commercialize an idea and get profits in return, does this make a blogger or a market woman an entrepreneur?

Yes, I totally agree with your definition, but I think what is missing in the Nigerian system is over-use of the word, fear to invest or take risks, and outright lack/blindness to innovation by a majority of "entrepreneurs".
Your assertion are baseless. Who is an entrepreneur?
Entrepreneurs: Someone who organizes a business venture and assumes the risk for it
From the definition above someone that risk his 10 Naira to start selling pure is a entrepreneur, that 10 Naira can grow to that level You termed as entrepreneur.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by dammylarey(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
@INDESTRUCTABLEX your perspective of an entrepreneur as illustrated in your post is base on the Nigeria context and i won't want you to forget that we are operating in a very corrupt societal economy where every one is is looking for quick and fast means to cut corners or don't you see our police men collecting bribes,punishing the innocents and the abuse of public offices which includes our judiciary...so were is the rule of law,well! it is meant to deprive the common man whom is the masses.

IT'S CORRUPTION MY PEOPLE WE ARE ALL TO BE BLAMED INCLUDING ''INDESTRUCTABLEX''.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Like I stated in my original post. These points are purely my opinion and based on observations.

To clear the air-ways, I am open-minded, open to intellectual argument, and flexible to change. After going through several comments, it is obvious that the original intent of this thread has been misunderstood by some people.

The original subject is what makes an individual an entrepreneur? Does owning a business make you an entrepreneur?

Going by the popular Wikipedia definition, an entrepreneur is someone that organises or owns a business, I am wrong.

My initial understanding of the word entrepreneurship didn't cover this meaning.

Upon future probing on Wikipedia and other online resource, I found the definition that is in line with my original intention.

Some of which are:

Dan Sullivan of Strategic Coach
“ An entrepreneur is someone who does
not expect compensation until he has
created value for someone else . ”

# 2 Jean- Baptist Say, French Economist
“ Entrepreneur is someone who takes
resources from a lower level of
productivity and raise them to a higher
level . ”

# 3 Peter Drucker , Renowned
Management Guru
“ An entrepreneur searches for change ,
responds to it, and exploits it as an
opportunity . Innovation is the specific
tool of entrepreneurs , the means by
which they exploit change as an
opportunity for a different business or a
different service . ”

# 4 Ray Ash, co - founder of Litton
Industries
“ An entrepreneur tends to bite off a
little more than he can chew hoping he ’ ll
quickly learn how to chew it. ”

# 5 Michael Gerber , Author and
Entrepreneur
“ The entrepreneur is our visionary, the
creator in each of us. We ’re born with
that quality and it defines our lives as
we respond to what we see , hear , feel,
and experience. It is developed ,
nurtured , and given space to flourish or
is squelched , thwarted, without air or
stimulation , and dies . ”

# 6 Tom Peters , Management Thinker
Extraordinaire
“ An entrepreneur is occasionally
exhilarating , and almost always
exhausting . Only unbridled passion for
the concept is likely to see you through
the 17 - hour days (month after month )
and the painful mistakes that are part
and parcel of the start - up process .

# 7 Victor Kiam , Former owner of New
England Patriots
“ Entrepreneurs are risk takers, willing to
roll the dice with their money or
reputation on the line in support of an
idea or enterprise . They willingly assume
responsibility for the success or failure
of a venture and are answerable for all
its facets . ”

# 8 Joseph Schumeter , Austrian
Scientist
“ An entrepreneur is the ultimate
innovator and earns his profits , however
temporary , from successful innovations. ”

# 9 Robert Callington
“ An entrepreneur is someone, who
practices business judgment in the face
of uncertainty of the future . ”

# 10 Dick Costolo , CEO of Twitter
“ The key is to just get on the bike … and
the key to getting on the bike … is to stop
thinking about ‘there are a bunch of
reasons I might fall off ’ and just hop on
and peddle the damned thing. You can
pick up a map, a tire pump , and better
footwear along the way . ”

# 11 Nolan Bushnell , founder of Chuck -
E - Cheese and Atari
“ The critical ingredient is getting off
your butt and doing something. It’ s as
simple as that. A lot of people have ideas,
but there are few who decide to do
something about them now . Not
tomorrow . Not next week. But today . The
true entrepreneur is a doer . . not a
dreamer .

source: www.rajeshsetty.com/2012/02/01/who-is-an-entrepreneur/

Based on these definitions, I believe every aspect of the proper use of the term entrepreneurship has been equally covered and substantiated. But we should have it at the back of our minds that the world now thrives on innovation and being successful may not only mean hardworking but also smart work.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by ba7man(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
And if it was a fact?
Your boss is an enterpreneur. cool

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
An entrepreneur is someone who is doing what others are doing in a different way....therefore an entrepreneur innovates........even if you sell pure water in an innovative way you are an entrepreneur.....
But an entrepreneur is not a business man who smuggles goods into the country and makes a huge profit while depriving govt of income from duties and killing local industries that manage to produce these same products
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Negro1: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
agonbello:

walahi you get brain die. Satia n gbo
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Happywoman(f): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kai e no go beta for the person wen do u this tin! Haba how can som1 be so dense?

sexmachine01: [size=40pt] You can change your own story
Meet beautiful and richsugar mummies who are looking for young vibrant guys Here!!!
[/size]
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by udswagz: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
An entrepreneur does not have to have a fancy card, office or even wear a suit.
but he/she has to have a website of course. visit www.udonlin.net if you need one.
Entrepreneur sees an opportunity to provide a need to people and they make the most of it.
Forget all the fancy Silicon Valley stories you read about, think of those boys at Alaba who come up
with really crazy but useful ideas that you and i still use today, think of the "Atupa" kerosine lamp
If not that here there is not enough exposure to fund and Nigeria's trust issue which makes
accessibility to funds very hard, we would have bred a lot of successful entrepreneurs.
Just look at how Igbo boys are making ton's of money each day, those guys are entrepreneurs,
though the envious ones will say they "dem too like money" they are not perfect - their ways are not always illegal -
but so is every entrepreneur we see in the western world from Gates , Dell, they all had anti-trust issues with the Government.
Nigerians just enjoy hating Nigerians.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Negro1:
walahi you get brain die. Satia n gbo

Thanks man, and good morning.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Like I stated in my original post. These points are purely my opinion and based on observations.

To clear the air-ways, I am open-minded, open to intellectual argument, and flexible to change. After going through several comments, it is obvious that the original intent of this thread has been misunderstood by some people.

The original subject is what makes an individual an entrepreneur? Does owning a business make you an entrepreneur?

Going by the popular Wikipedia definition, an entrepreneur is someone that organises or owns a business, I am wrong.

My initial understanding of the word entrepreneurship didn't cover this meaning.

Upon future probing on Wikipedia and other online resource, I found the definition that is in line with my original intention.

Some of which are:

Dan Sullivan of Strategic Coach
“ An entrepreneur is someone who does
not expect compensation until he has
created value for someone else . ”

# 2 Jean- Baptist Say, French Economist
“ Entrepreneur is someone who takes
resources from a lower level of
productivity and raise them to a higher
level . ”

# 3 Peter Drucker , Renowned
Management Guru
“ An entrepreneur searches for change ,
responds to it, and exploits it as an
opportunity . Innovation is the specific
tool of entrepreneurs , the means by
which they exploit change as an
opportunity for a different business or a
different service . ”

# 4 Ray Ash, co - founder of Litton
Industries
“ An entrepreneur tends to bite off a
little more than he can chew hoping he ’ ll
quickly learn how to chew it. ”

# 5 Michael Gerber , Author and
Entrepreneur
“ The entrepreneur is our visionary, the
creator in each of us. We ’re born with
that quality and it defines our lives as
we respond to what we see , hear , feel,
and experience. It is developed ,
nurtured , and given space to flourish or
is squelched , thwarted, without air or
stimulation , and dies . ”

# 6 Tom Peters , Management Thinker
Extraordinaire
“ An entrepreneur is occasionally
exhilarating , and almost always
exhausting . Only unbridled passion for
the concept is likely to see you through
the 17 - hour days (month after month )
and the painful mistakes that are part
and parcel of the start - up process .

# 7 Victor Kiam , Former owner of New
England Patriots
“ Entrepreneurs are risk takers, willing to
roll the dice with their money or
reputation on the line in support of an
idea or enterprise . They willingly assume
responsibility for the success or failure
of a venture and are answerable for all
its facets . ”

# 8 Joseph Schumeter , Austrian
Scientist
“ An entrepreneur is the ultimate
innovator and earns his profits , however
temporary , from successful innovations. ”

# 9 Robert Callington
“ An entrepreneur is someone, who
practices business judgment in the face
of uncertainty of the future . ”

# 10 Dick Costolo , CEO of Twitter
“ The key is to just get on the bike … and
the key to getting on the bike … is to stop
thinking about ‘there are a bunch of
reasons I might fall off ’ and just hop on
and peddle the damned thing. You can
pick up a map, a tire pump , and better
footwear along the way . ”

# 11 Nolan Bushnell , founder of Chuck -
E - Cheese and Atari
“ The critical ingredient is getting off
your butt and doing something. It’ s as
simple as that. A lot of people have ideas,
but there are few who decide to do
something about them now . Not
tomorrow . Not next week. But today . The
true entrepreneur is a doer . . not a
dreamer .

source: www.rajeshsetty.com/2012/02/01/who-is-an-entrepreneur/

Based on these definitions, I believe every aspect of the proper use of the term entrepreneurship has been equally covered and substantiated. But we should have it at the back of our minds that the world now thrives on innovation and being successful may not only mean hardworking but also smart work.

Bro, all that you mentioned are simply qualities a good entrepreneur should possess.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:31am On Sep 16, 2014
agonbello:

Bro, all that you mentioned are simply qualities a good entrepreneur should possess.

They are not. Those are definitions given by people who have succeeded. The definition of a word or concept is transient.
As you develop the meaning of a concept changes, so does your definition of the concept.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by texazzpete(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
sexmachine01: [size=40pt] You can change your own story
Meet beautiful and richsugar mummies who are looking for young vibrant guys Here!!!
[/size]

^^^ This guy is an enterprising young enterpreneur. He's seen a need and he is trying to fill it cheesy
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
darqly:

business plan ke?

My grand father, father and all my uncles never go to school, let alone writing business plan and they are doing extremely good in their various busineses. Guy business is not a rocket a science, common sense, determination and will is all what you require to succed.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
texazzpete:

^^^ This guy is an enterprising young enterpreneur. He's seen a need and he is trying to [size=18pt]fill [/size]it cheesy

SALACIOUS MODE ACTIVATED
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by DAVE5(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Olutola88: Lmao! You make me laugh in Swahili! I'll try to be courteous enough not to use epithets on you.

Why do people just jump into illogical conclusions? At least you'll take a chill pill and see how I'll approach the subject.

Lemme shock you, I had my first business when I was 17years of Age and I'm still into to the same business( it has expanded in 10 folds).

Did you know what Entrepreneurship was when you were age 17? So, stop attacking people you know nothing about.

And what about my 2.1 thread? How does that discourage Entrepreneurship? Every wise person that read that piece knew it didn't in anyway discourage Entrepreneurial drive.

i'll take the chill pill like u said, actually 2 sef, 1 for u and 1 for me, i'm just expressing what i feel, i neva said ur 2:1 thread relates to entrepreneurship if u read my post again, and kudos to u on ur business cos i envy success and i enjoy relating with wit successfully persons (unproductive peep scare me, they'll suck u dry),maybe i cld be inspired by u as well and btw ma head is only fine tuned for entrepreneurship, so yes, at tender age i was already thinking of being my own person... smiley
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Louis101: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
SAVE LITTLE AND EARN MORE

Using the latest and easiest money making system and you will make up to 40,000naira.
This system works in all part of Nigeria. It is 100% risk free system.

Have you ever wish to get some certain amount in the next 3 months or more(maybe for an event, fee, debt, or want to buy that new gadget) even if you have absolutely no idea on how to make or get it? Everybody wishes that.
YOUR WISH IS ABOUT TO COME TRUE
This is NOT some HYIP Scam.

We have awesome investment plan for you. Simply decide on any amount you want to invest between 5,000Naira and 20,000Naira and send a request mail to Lteckinvestment@gmail.com for more information about the investment plan and how to invest.
We offer a guaranteed 50% return on your investment amount montly(for beginners, it after 3 months before you can receive your total income). For example, u invest 10,000, u will get 25,000 after 3 months

SAVE A LITTLE WHILE WE BUILD IT UP TO YOUR DESIRED AMOUNT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender Indefinitely – CBN / 276,852 Pos Transactions Failed On Christmas Eve —NIBSS / Concerns As Naira Emerges Worst Performing African Currency In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.