Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped (15426 Views)

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
This is obviously my opinion and I am writing as ideas come to my head.

In recent years the word entrepreneur has gained popular usage. Everybody doing a business wants to be called an entrepreneur. This is also applicable in engineering and medical fields, a phone repairer is an engineer and a chemist that dispenses drug is a doctor.
This is quite explanatory, I mean who doesn't want to appear up there? Nigerians have this knack for big names.

Now over to entrepreneurs. The recent trend in help your self and don't wait on the government, unemployment, and an endless resource of people telling you entrepreneurship is the way are not helping matters.

Trust me, I will be an entrepreneur if I sold fishes. I would be an entrepreneur if I sold recharge cards. My tussle is not with these guys.

My tussle is with thousands of self-acclaimed CEOs who want quick money.

To buttress this point, go through the web. The web is actually an hyperbole, go through nairaland. What do you find, several businesses (more appropriately, business persons) trying to advertise in threads. They don't want to advertise using the standard means.

A shift from adverts, you will find several "1st in Africa" and "1st in Nigeria" CEOs with poorly designed sites and in some cases no logo.

In conclusion, while I may be seen as a hater, or someone who doesn't understand the economic conditions in Nigeria, I perfectly understand that an entrepreneur is a risk taker, an initiator, someone who will give everything to succeed.

I agree with you. You nailed it.
Re: Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped by joeyarticles: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
What Is Entrepreneurship - Business Failure In Nigeria 

We have discussed and shared ideas on the subject of business failure in Nigeria and the possible methods you could adopt for a business success.
We even stressed on the key to succeeding in your business venture and also the opposite which is failing in your business venture which largely depends on some factors which has been listed on several of our business plan articles, a glance on any of the business plan articles will reveal more of these factors you should consider while setting up a business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[UPDATE]: NAIRABET Have Paid!! / Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender Indefinitely – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.