Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. (8617 Views)

ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited / Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 6:41am On Nov 01, 2008
Has anyone been able to successfully use the new software from Starcomms called iboost which can be downloaded from this page http://www.starcomms.com/iboost.php ? It is free to download and Starcomms claim that it really increases the speed of the Internet. A lady from their customer care called me yesterday to inquire about how I was enjoying the Starcomms internet thing, and I complained about the low speed and she directed me to their website to get the software. The problem I'm having with the iboost software is that anytime I switch it on, it cuts off my Internet connection meaning that while it is switched on, I can't browse. I don't know what the heck is going on, but if anyone can help me figure out a solution, I'll really appreciate it. Typical Nigerian stuff that will always have one problem or the other.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by fasho16(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2008
O'boy, l virtually agree wit u abt dis starcomms iboost. it has bin cutting off my connection to the Internet, since l installed it on my pc.it is better to mbrowse witout it & enjoy superb connection. Starcomms technicians/engineers nd 2 chk it out.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2008
Does anyone know the email of the customer care?
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by lynxnoon(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2008
i tried it n d stuf is crap______even wit d superfast option u cant stream videos angry angry
disabled and/or uninstall d tin jare angry angry
tnk God for onspeed grin grin
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2008
The thing worked for you!!!
Which one is onspeed?
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by hayprof(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2008
A friend of mine says it works well for him,

Even speed on 1x CDMA doubled wink

I am going to try it out in a few minutes! grin
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by dandollar1: 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2008
Does it work with only the mobile data card? i use the desk phone and each tym i switch on the i boost, the pages won't display.i guess it acts like a fire wall.is there anything i am not doing right? please help.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by flyuche(m): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2008
i didn't notice any difference when network is good but in 1x mode it could be helpful.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by LUDALOOLO(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2008
@Mavor check out the onspeed website www.onspeed.com if you need more info contact me, Y:M lagos4nigeria
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2008
Yeah, I got the software, but it needs a username and password which I don't have.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by LUDALOOLO(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2008
@Mavor email me at sometimeswe@gmail.com
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2008
I've sent you the mail
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by dandollar1: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2008
@Ludaloolo.
I'v sent you a mail2. Please enable me have the on speed software too. pleaseeeeeee.Iboost cuts off my connection.Thanx
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2008
Ludaloolo wan collect 6k
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by alldone(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2008
negotiate with him if you want it.
cheers
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by flyuche(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
you guys are making a nonsense of this thread. iboost works. period.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2008
Iboost no dey work o!!! maga
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by lynxnoon(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2008
iboost woks but d way it was configured u wont enjoy d full capabilities of wat it's meant to do n most pple r having compartibily issues wit it
For now i tink onspeed is best internet accelerator around tho u'd need to pay for u d full version-------------- d demo is even restricted to IPs frm naija angry angry
but of course shortcut always dey na grin grin
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by flyuche(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
benefit of iboost? our little secret. sometimes when your subscription expires, iboost still give you access to the net.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by Mavor: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
lynxnoon:

iboost woks but d way it was configured u wont enjoy d full capabilities of what it's meant to do n most people r having compartibily issues wit it
For now i think onspeed is best internet accelerator around tho u'd need to pay for u d full version-------------- d demo is even restricted to IPs frm naija angry angry
but of course shortcut always dey na grin grin

Guy how far? I no mind learn that shortcut o!!
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by cyras: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
Mavor
Iboost no dey work o!!! maga

Hi
        I try it too it work, but it does not work for other service provider only on starcomms Network,
i notice it.
         maybe this solve ur problem

when using it i notice that picture on web page is not clear 16 bit colour with Iboost but without iboost 24bit  so the it  will be faster in loading page.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by lynxnoon(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2008
flyuche:

benefit of iboost? our little secret. sometimes when your subscription expires, iboost still give you access to the net.
hmmmmmmmm flyuche wats d koko? grin wink
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by sojioguns(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2008
There is no such software that 'increases' your internet speed. The only thing they do is cache your browsing so your regularly visited sites are stored on your hard drive. The cache is updated on a regular basis.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by RichDad1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2008
WORD!!! starcomms sucks
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by flyuche(m): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2008
Rich Dad:

WORD!!! starcomms sucks
sucking what? your tit? grin
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by hayprof(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2008
Forgot to make comment on this iBoost thing!

I downloaded nd instaled it on my Laptop using their EVDo package.

I didn't see any difference in the speed other than what i av been getting, I guess its greatly meant for the 1x platform dudes* grin
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by DoubleN(m): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2008
The iboost stuff is messed up.Installed it and it gave my system a blue screen twice!Besides that there is no significant difference in speed.
Re: Starcomms iboost- A Software Meant To Greatly Increase Internet Surf Speed. by kheme(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway / Get Direct UK Used Apple Macbook With Windows Installed / Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.