Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Google Officially Launches Android One - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Officially Launches Android One (24603 Views)

How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One / MTN New Data Plan For Android One Phones - N500 For 1GB / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Tex42(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
bright007: Space booker association of nairaland
how do u quote multiple monikers. do u do it with ur pc/phone?.
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by ibdeals1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sticking to my m2 for now
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Tex42(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
how do u quote multiple monikers. do u do with ur pc/phone?.
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by hawksford: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2014

wink wink
You suppose know now
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by sexzskil(f): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
easyflow: We don't need smartphone, all we need is constant power supply to manufacture our own smartphones too.
My dear... Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Even if the whole wide world electricity is given to Naijeriya, this country will still remain a third-world slum! No one can manufacture a phone charger talkless of an android device, FACT!
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Ringoonline: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Here are some good Samsung smartphones we can offer you at low price.
SAMSUNG GALAXY Y DUOS
SAMSUNG NOTE N7000
SAMSUNG NOTE 2
SAMSUNG POCKET
SAMSUNG POCKET DUOS GT-5303
SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUNG
SAMSUNG CHAT 322
SAMSUNG E2252 UTICA
SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE DUOS
SAMSUNG GALAXY P5100 TAB 2 (10.1")
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO
SAMSUNG GALAXY S DUOS 2
SAMSUNG GALAXY MUSIC
SAMSUNG S4 ZOOM

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by rozayjustin(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
grin sadhw e take affect mua.. Just going through my i phone 6
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by pat077: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
easyflow: We don't need smartphone, all we need is constant power supply to manufacture our own smartphones too.
is Google ur Goverment?

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by pat077: 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ringoonline: Here are some good Samsung smartphones we can offer you at low price.
SAMSUNG GALAXY Y DUOS
SAMSUNG NOTE N7000
SAMSUNG NOTE 2
SAMSUNG POCKET
SAMSUNG POCKET DUOS GT-5303
SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUNG
SAMSUNG CHAT 322
SAMSUNG E2252 UTICA
SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE DUOS
SAMSUNG GALAXY P5100 TAB 2 (10.1"wink
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO
SAMSUNG GALAXY S DUOS 2
SAMSUNG GALAXY MUSIC
SAMSUNG S4 ZOOM

u no get samsung galaxy note 5?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by ghananotnaija(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Poverty is truly a disease.
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by material988(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
where is the phone spec?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Orikinla(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2014

Two thumbs up.
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by epoxide(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
luluosas:

The Android One entry-level smartphones that are supposed to offer users in developing markets a pure Android experience for a very affordable price have been officially launched in India, as Google is ready to offer first-time smartphone users, and not only, even cheaper devices than currently available. Most importantly, the Android One handsets will receive Android L updates in the following months.

“While 1.75 billion people around the world already have a smartphone, the vast majority of the world’s population—over five billion more—do not,” Google’s senior vice president on Android, Chrome and apps Sundar Pichai wrote in a blog post. “That means most people are only able to make simple voice calls, rather than connect with family through a live video chat, use mapping apps to find the closest hospital, or simply search the web. We want to bring these experiences to more people.”

The first Android One phones will be available in India from three companies, including Micromax, Karbonn, Spice, with MediaTek providing chips for these handsets. These phones will be available in local stores starting today, with prices starting at Rs 6,399 (or around $105), a bit higher than the “under $100″ promise made at this year’s I/O conference.

Google further announced that many other OEMs are interested in creating such Android One devices, including well-known mobile players such as Acer, Asus, HTC, Lenovo, with chipmaker Qualcomm also ready to provide chips for future models.

The Android One program will further expand to Indonesia, the Philippines and South Asia by the end of the year, with more countries to get such devices next year.

Pichai confirmed a recent report about Android L updates for the Android One family, saying that “Android One devices will be some of the first to be updated to the Android L release later this year.” Google has also worked with local carriers to ensure swift Android updates for Android One devices, revealing that updates will be available free of charge (when it comes to carrier-related data costs) for the first six months to Airtel subscribers. Furthermore, Airtel users will get an additional 200MB of free data for app downloads each month during the period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7UPR9z3OV8
http://bgr.com/2014/09/15/android-one-release-date-and-prices/

honestly I've not understood this post after reading it over 10 times...somebody enlighten me plzzzzz
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by epoxide(m): 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
sexzskil:
My dear... Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Even if the whole wide world electricity is given to Naijeriya, this country will still remain a third-world slum! No one can manufacture a phone charger talkless of an android device, FACT!

ma'am that's a bad one oo...if we can vehicles what's Android phone? haba na so una no get better naija 4 mind ?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by sexzskil(f): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
epoxide:

ma'am that's a bad one oo...if we can vehicles what's Android phone? haba na so una no get better naija 4 mind ?
Are you trying to say Nigerians are capable or have made cars? Am so supprised by ur ignorant(sorry)! You referring to innoson and co? Hahaha. You can do better than calling Chinese assembled cars in this country with a different name plated ''Nigeria Made Cars''. This country can never manufacture a mere phone charger. This is not a curse but FACT!
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
and why would anyone want this sh.it??.......o yeah.....cus they're broke
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Goldenheart(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Lol;

UK used "Androidone" for sale in Computer Village
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by ajidesola: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by epoxide(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
sexzskil:
Are you trying to say Nigerians are capable or have made cars? Am so supprised by ur ignorant(sorry)! You referring to innoson and co? Hahaha. You can do better than calling Chinese assembled cars in this country with a different name plated ''Nigeria Made Cars''. This country can never manufacture a mere phone charger. This is not a curse but FACT!

what have i got myself into now ? but b4 i drop my debate mic , i have a question and that is WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO ? people make effort and u condemn please be positive... thanks... don't think I'm insulting anyone
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Onyenna(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
I wanna see the Specs first..... Tecno and gionee are already doing a wonderful job here....There are nice tecno phones one can get for less than $83(eg P5 etc)....

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Danhumprey: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
ITbomb:
Seun this Nairaland app notification is becoming a nuisance, Imagine a whole first page without any meaningful contribution
Seconded! Kids on the prowl!angry

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by swisscarter(m): 11:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
Google's Android One idea isn't so bad at all!!!!!! i think they are trying to get back at Apple's Iphone 6

Imagine Everyone with a Smartphone below $100

Thumbs Up To Google
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by gorgeousnogo(f): 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
They should make it free since they are trying 2 give d 4 billion people without smartphone one
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by encryptjay(m): 1:08am On Sep 17, 2014
gorgeousnogo: They should make it free since they are trying 2 give d 4 billion people without smartphone one
Haba
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by gorgeousnogo(f): 9:38am On Sep 17, 2014
encryptjay:
Haba
na so na
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by gorgeousnogo(f): 9:38am On Sep 17, 2014
encryptjay:
Haba
na so
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by mabebe1(f): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Danhumprey: Seconded! Kids on the prowl!angry
Thirded!! Ve even deleted mine-always opening new browser pages
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Mafia4life(m): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
ichidodo: The beginning of the end of Android. .
You didn't even think before posting...
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
sexzskil:

why is this a fact?
Do you have any proof of what you are saying?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by tck2000(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2019
Did it reach Naija?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by tck2000(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
os

Dear Tecno , Thanks But Your Phones Are Crap! / Woman Pays For iPhones & Got Apples / Reactions Of People When Their Phones Malfunction (Memes)