Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 (1386 Views)

Kia Rio 02 Vs Mazda 626 01 vs Nissan Sentra 00 / Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander / Issue With 2007 Nissan Sentra Se-r (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by magictouch: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hello People,

for 3 weeks now my car sometimes refuses to start, I dont know why cos I just serviced it a week and some days ago.

it hasnt happened in the morning but afternoon after driving for a while. I went somewhere last week, after spending about 15mins
I got into the car and wanted to go but it didnt start, it just kept giving a rolling sound. I tried severally yet no way. I called up the mechanic, he said it was fuel pump which I changed and it started working. 6 days after, I drove the car to a place and parked, by the time I wanted to start the car like 5mins after, it didnt start again. I tried for some minutes without success, then started calling my mechanic, by the time I finally got through to him, it was 2hours after and he said he was far away. So I decided to try again and it started, this was on Saturday and it's been working fine since then.

This has happened like 3 time in the last 2 weeks, pls doesnt any one know what could be wrong with the car.

Please note that it is not battery as the battery is working perfectly
Re: My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by chillex8(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Do you have a check engine light on?

Please run a scan if you do..

If no check light, then your crankshaft position sensor is going bad..

In most cases, when the crankshaft position sensor is bad, it doesn't throw any codes hence no check engine light.

I believe what you are experiencing is this:

On a cold start, engine fires up..

After driving for a while, the ckp sensor becomes hot, and starts malfactioning

When you park and try to start it, it cranks but doesn't start...

If you leave it to cool for say 30mins-1hour, it cranks and starts fine.

And the cycle continues, until it will refuse to start even on a cold start.

Hope u understand me..

P.S

When next you have a complain and need opinions from car talk section, pls follow this format
-vehicle make
-year/model
-engine capacity
-transmission type

Cheers
Re: My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by autofixng: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
magictouch: Hello People,
for 3 weeks now my car sometimes refuses to start, I dont know why cos I just serviced it a week and some days ago.
it hasnt happened in the morning but afternoon after driving for a while. I went somewhere last week, after spending about 15mins
I got into the car and wanted to go but it didnt start, it just kept giving a rolling sound. I tried severally yet no way. I called up the mechanic, he said it was fuel pump which I changed and it started working. 6 days after, I drove the car to a place and parked, by the time I wanted to start the car like 5mins after, it didnt start again. I tried for some minutes without success, then started calling my mechanic, by the time I finally got through to him, it was 2hours after and he said he was far away. So I decided to try again and it started, this was on Saturday and it's been working fine since then.
This has happened like 3 time in the last 2 weeks, pls doesnt any one know what could be wrong with the car.
Please note that it is not battery as the battery is working perfectly

Am sure you have one if this light on your instrument cluster.

Why allow guess work on your car?

I hope you keep the replaced fuel pump and stop the further guess work on your car and go for a diagnosis of the system so as to know the actual cause of the malfunction.

Check our signature for full car diagnosis.

Re: My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by oyatz(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2021
autofixng:

Am sure you have one if this light on your instrument cluster.

Why allow guess work on your car?

I hope you keep the replaced fuel pump and stop the further guess work on your car and go for a diagnosis of the system so as to know the actual cause of the malfunction.

Check our signature for full car diagnosis.

Yes, you are correct sir.

My Nissan Sentra 2010 Model displayed 'Service Engine' soon light recurrently for over 6months and it doesn't start anymore even though the ignition is on and rolling.

What can be wrong sir. The Rewires in Osun State where the car was parked has been doing Trial & error
Re: My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by HEAVEN4444: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
check the starter or ignition switch or alternator ( maybe diode that converts ac to dc current is broken )

when you say rolling sound do you mean it is cranking ?
Re: My Car Doesnt Start Sometimes - Nissan Sentra 05 by HEAVEN4444: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
oyatz:

Yes, you are correct sir.

My Nissan Sentra 2010 Model displayed 'Service Engine' soon light recurrently for over 6months and it doesn't start anymore even though the ignition is on and rolling.

What can be wrong sir. The Rewires in Osun State where the car was parked has been doing Trial & error

fuel pump ? check fuel pump fuse

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls / Vintage Benz Left To Rot / Have A Look At 30 Most Bizarre Car Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.