Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students (936 Views)

Student Slapped By A Principal's Secretary Is Dead / Pix : See How A Principal Decided To Solve Examination Malpractice In His School / Photo: See How A Principal Decided To Solve Exam Malpractice In His School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by Krak(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Below is a letter written by Rachael Tomlinson principal of Barrowford Primary School, Lancashire in England.

They received the letter after they received their Standardised Test results and the letter reminds the students of all the things the test does not measure:

[b]Please find enclosed your end of KS2 test results. We are very proud of you as you demonstrated huge amounts of commitment and tried your very best during this tricky week.

However, we are concerned that these tests do not always assess all of what it is that make each of you special and unique. The people who create these tests and score them do not know each of you—the way your teachers do, the way I hope to, and certainly not the way your families do.

They do not know that many of you speak two languages. They do not know that you can play a musical instrument or that you can dance or paint a picture. They do not know that your friends count on you to be there for them or that your laughter can brighten the dreariest day.

They do not know that your write poetry or songs, play or participate in sports, wonder about the future, or that sometimes you take care of your little brother or sister after school. They do not know that you have travelled to a really neat place or that you know how to tell a great story or that you really love spending time with special family members and friends.

They do not know that you can be trustworthy, kind or thoughtful, and that you try, every day, to be your very best… the scores you get will tell you something, but they will not tell you everything.

So enjoy your results and be very proud of these but remember there are many ways of being smart.[/b]

http://globalthots..com/2014/09/letter-by-principal-to-her-students.html?m=1

Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by FYB(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Iv seen, e touch me too....but FTC sha
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by Eragablessen(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
I wish naija Teachers c'ld observe thier clients as excellent as this, mediocrity w'ld 've been forgone.
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by reedbam: 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
School examination has never being a true test of human ability.

This is insightful.
9ja teacher, even if you come first brilliant but too playful embarassed
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by StealthyMe(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by Aghanel(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
This Land/space is not for sell nor lease so beware of 419
#i will be back to edit this comment only if it makes front page
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by SMALLPENIS(f): 4:35am On Sep 16, 2014
So....I should cry?? undecided
nice speech anyways.
Wait first o! Going by the look of things and the speech,they must have failed the test,so she is trying to sympathise with them for the Mass Failure.
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by Krak(m): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2014
SMALLPENIS: So....I should cry?? undecided
nice speech anyways.
Wait first o! Going by the look of things and the speech,they must have failed the test,so she is trying to sympathise with them for the Mass Failure.

Why do you sound so immature?
Re: A Touching Letter By A Principal To Her Students by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
Krak:

Why do you sound so immature?

in what manner,expantiate undecided

(1) (Reply)

HCMEI Scholarship Program / Level Of Education In Southwest / Mr. A.a Anigboro Stop Harassing Female Students In Abraka. Leave Our Girls Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.