Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,770 members, 7,841,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes - Satellite TV Technology (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes (416164 Views)

Powervu Updated Software For Strong Srt4922 Series / All About Iptv( Internet protocol television) / Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Lol. Call him and tell him
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
EMMAACHILE:
Yes. Good advice. With my 1.8m motorised setup I get all these satellites and good channels.
No downtime at home. The only thing I miss and not available on fta for this dish size are good cartoon stations for small children.

1 mytv 68.5e
2 itv cband 62e
3 etv cband 57e
4 k24 57e
5 astra 28e (multitv)
6 amos 17e (daarsat)
7 Arabian cband 26e (Irib, Aljazeera)
8 Badr 26e (mbc)
26 eutelsat 16e (CNN, Aljazeera, BBC world, Channels, TVCnews)
9 mbc rod 7e
10 satlink 5e (hyder pack)
11 nilesat 7w (mbc, Aljazeera, Dubai)
13 ussr cband 22w
14 canalsat 22w
16 DSTV 36e
17 yamal 55e (championstv)
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by wisekriss: 3:40pm On May 01, 2015
[quote author=davodyguy post=33279153][/quote]

@Emma are you saying that if I have 1.8m dish it will work....pls do u mind if call u...or inbox you.whichever one u prefer. Mikkykriss1983@Gmail.Com
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 6:37am On May 02, 2015
Irib now live at my end

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Nobody: 7:56am On May 02, 2015
wisekriss:

@Emma are you saying that if I have 1.8m dish it will work....pls do u mind if call u...or inbox you.whichever one u prefer. Mikkykriss1983@Gmail.Com
Try it
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 9:52pm On May 02, 2015
Good evening Folks, I am yet to receive my android TV box, it should be in Nigeria on Saturday. However, I have been playing with my laptop and I am really excited with my observations. There is this new application uploaded on Kodi/XMBC and the owner seem to be a wicked programmer. It has almost everything and it makes DSTV appear like a toy.

I want to thank Emmaachile for opening my eyes and making my research. I have been hooked to my laptop for days and I have literally forgotten about my DSTV.

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 9:54pm On May 02, 2015
More

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
Nice one
but I'm more concerned about data consumption.
DSTV is about 13k plus monthly, how will I spend on data to ha e 24hours access?
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
Boss13:
More
Good. Expecting mine in a months time. I am shipping more than 500kg of items through the sea.

There is a new add on called IPTV stalker and has more than 1000 premium channels working on it. Google it for more info

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 02, 2015
davodyguy:
Nice one

but I'm more concerned about data consumption.

DSTV is about 13k plus monthly, how will I spend on data to ha e 24hours access?
Those in Lagos and environs have the advantage of spectranet 20gb plan for 7000

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 10:41pm On May 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Let's do reasonable calculations here

I have all the IKS
I have a motorised dish
I have one of Star times and GOTV
I have two phones that I get minimum of 2gb data on, monthly basis for normal office work

Why should I get a Spectranet that's not too portable like a phone and be adding 7000 to my monthly expenses?

It means some things will be based on opportunity cost, with alternatives to forgo.

I guess we ran to IKS and motorised dish to save cost, not so?

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 02, 2015
There are ways of getting around things. Mtn bis of 70 for 5gb and Etisalat cheats are available.

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 10:51pm On May 02, 2015
Nigerians and corners. There's a new sheriff in towngrin
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by alvins4ull(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2015
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 11:51pm On May 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Good. Expecting mine in a months time. I am shipping more than 500kg of items through the sea.

There is a new add on called IPTV stalker and has more than 1000 premium channels working on it. Google it for more info

Yea exactly. You keep yourself informed Emmaachile. That is the addon I am talking about - Wicked. It has everything I need. Better than AAASTREAM. Countless channels and no buffering. I hope nothing happens to it.

Davidoguy - @ N12,000 you get 30gigabyte from Spectranet or N8,000 for 20gigabyte. I am currently using both Smile and Spectranet but next month I may switch to Spectranet, they are now faster than Smile - Unlimited speed. Plus I mount loads of pressure on them. The good thing is that you have the best of both worlds - Internet and Cable TV together. Plus you get good contents to watch and not the trash DSTV is forcing us to watch. Movies on demand, TV shows with recent episodes and countless live TV around the world.

I also compared the streaming time and you get a minute delay from the IPTV to what is currently being delivered by DSTV on your TV. Not bad at all. If your internet speed is top notch, I would advise you go for it. I am still up watching live TV and also waiting for the big fight tonight.

1 Like

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 11:53pm On May 02, 2015
davodyguy:
Let's do reasonable calculations here

I have all the IKS
I have a motorised dish
I have one of Star times and GOTV
I have two phones that I get minimum of 2gb data on, monthly basis for normal office work

Why should I get a Spectranet that's not too portable like a phone and be adding 7000 to my monthly expenses?

It means some things will be based on opportunity cost, with alternatives to forgo.

I guess we ran to IKS and motorised dish to save cost, not so?

Spectranet and Smile come with a small dongle you can move with and the use rechargeable batteries like phones. So you can have fast internet as you move around.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by lanre2009: 1:15am On May 03, 2015
Boss13:

Spectranet and Smile come with a small dongle you can move with and the use rechargeable batteries like phones. So you can have fast internet as you move around.

Got mine working too....thanks

For all those who want to install it, download and install Kodi/xbmc for windows, download the iptv stalker add-on, then follow instructions here to set it up

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc..com/2015/04/iptv-stalker-add-on-for-kodi.html

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by lanre2009: 3:14am On May 03, 2015
Get the iptv stalker add-on from my signature

Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by folario: 6:21am On May 03, 2015
Kindly put me through on how to use IPTV on qsat g23
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by lanre2009: 6:48am On May 03, 2015
folario:
Kindly put me through on how to use IPTV on qsat g23

I am using it on my laptop with windows 7 installed.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Nobody: 6:49am On May 03, 2015
EMMAACHILE:
There are ways of getting around things. Mtn bis of 70 for 5gb and Etisalat cheats are available.
morning sir! kindly shed more light on the etisalat cheat pls
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 9:54am On May 03, 2015
Boss13:

Yes I know, but the modem and router for Spectranet is big and the battery doesn't last. I use one in the office.

Except if they have a MIFI dongle. MIFI sef consumes battery a lot
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by lacicrips(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Glo has a 24gb plan for N8k. But how long can this take you watching HD channels?
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 12:01pm On May 03, 2015
davodyguy:
Yes I know, but the modem and router for Spectranet is big and the battery doesn't last. I use one in the office.

Except if they have a MIFI dongle. MIFI sef consumes battery a lot

They both have mifi. Smile has remodeled their mifi and it is now smaller and last for 10 hours. The problem is that data is expensive and still slow in Nigeria. Probably because customers are not complaining enough.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by HAH: 12:28pm On May 03, 2015
Can the gurus in the house shed light on Tlink 900 on hotbird.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 12:43pm On May 03, 2015
Boss13:

They both have mifi. Smile has remodeled their mifi and it is now smaller and last for 10 hours. The problem is that data is expensive and still slow in Nigeria. Probably because customers are not complaining enough.
Back to the 'reasonable' issue.

A lady or my school friends back in the university came visiting, is it adding value to me watching this in their presence?

I talked about opportunity cost and alternative forgone. This IPTV should still be a second option and not the primary one.

I'm going for it as a back and not as a replace ment.

Same Emmachile wants 3m dish, someone like him too will use IPTV as a back rather than Primary source
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by Boss13: 3:21pm On May 03, 2015
davodyguy:

A lady or my school friends back in the university came visiting, is it adding value to me watching this in their presence?

I talked about opportunity cost and alternative forgone. This IPTV should still be a second option and not the primary one.

Same Emmachile wants 3m dish, someone like him too will use IPTV as a back rather than Primary source

I don't get your point. If you are doing this to impress a lady, you sure can and it all depends on how you make do of it. I would rather impress my friends and neighbors with sky movies than with mnet movies, which they can get for themselves if they continue to pay subscription. I would rather impress my friends by informing them I can watch any movie I want at any time I want and not praying for a miracle to touch dstv staff.

I would also impress my foreign friends especially in the UK by telling them I still keep in touch with the news in their locality despite not being there.

Knowledge is power and when you have that, you can impress even the president of the free world.

Well for me its not about impressing people - because I see that as a low self esteem syndrome. It's for my personal consumption and pleasure. I don't have to wait to travel to the UK now before I can watch sky or itv. Personal preference.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by davodyguy: 3:31pm On May 03, 2015
Boss13:

I don't get your point. If you are doing this to impress a lady, you sure can and it all depends on how you make do of it. I would rather impress my friends and neighbors with sky movies than with mnet movies, which they can get for themselves if they continue to pay subscription. I would rather impress my friends by informing them I can watch any movie I want at any time I want and not praying for a miracle to touch dstv staff.

I would also impress my foreign friends especially in the UK by telling them I still keep in touch with the news in their locality despite not being there.

Knowledge is power and when you have that, you can impress even the president of the free world.

Well for me its not about impressing people - because I see that as a low self esteem syndrome. It's for my personal consumption and pleasure. I don't have to wait to travel to the UK now before I can watch sky or itv. Personal preference.
Like you posited in a line in your post, you're far from comprehending my point.

I'm not dwelling too much on impressing people with what I watch, which obviously they too can have since its very non exclusive.

I'm talking about the data cost and the freezing. The latter which is not due to the consumer but the ISP. Can you impress a guest when your TV freezes intermittently?

So you dwelling on 'impression' for the most part of your post shows you're not on the same page with the post you quoted.

Whilst our other sources are still primary to me as an individual, they'll not be second classed. I'll take this option as secondary

If you also took your time to read what I posted, towards the last paragraph, I talked about 3m dish. This means, some us will still go for the main sources, to get our Nilesat, Hotbird and Astra 19.2 degrees east, which has almost all the sky digital channels that I do watch when I'm in the UK holidaying.

Knowledge is power, but not necessarily being 'overzealous' in the quest for knowledge. If God blesses you with Your own house with ample space, you can even use 5 metres dish to watch all of these channels without using data

Someone in Warri, named Dejsam is one of our old members in the Satellite TV a action, spent close to a million naira importing 5meters dish in 2008/09 and today, he's watching the 'whole world' acquiring that knowledge.

Its an individual thing
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by mercyitodo(f): 5:17pm On May 03, 2015
davodyguy:

Who told you he is going to use the 3m dish? He is buying for some guys here in Lokoja. emmaachile is my close colleague in Lokoja.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by mercyitodo(f): 5:18pm On May 03, 2015
Boss13:

grin
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by mercyitodo(f): 5:19pm On May 03, 2015
HAH:
Can the gurus in the house shed light on Tlink 900 on hotbird.
It opens hotbird but other alternatives are available.
Re: All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes by mercyitodo(f): 5:21pm On May 03, 2015
Android box is the way to go guys. Watch the whole world as you like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (153) (Reply)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.