Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? (668 Views)

Anxiety And Depression Advice Thread (share whatever bothering you) / New Nigerian Leader Faces Monumental Struggle With Graft / World's First Lesbian Married Couple: The Struggle Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by onila(f): 3:29am On Sep 16, 2014
cry cry cry cry

the fear of failure

how do I overcome this

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by watchthisposter(m): 3:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Everybody is afraid of failure... So I'm not sure I get what you mean? Often its the fear of failure that drives us to success.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by lepasharon(f): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Failure is part of life. All that matters is that once you fail you can pick ur self up again smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
Learn to accept failure. Read and get to know people who failed and still kept at their objective.It is not a thing to be ashamed of.Everyone! I repeat everyone has failed at something at least once in their lives. Failing is not a problem. But failing and refusing to keep going is what is of concern.

Also try to find the root cause of this. For instance, were you scolded/flogged as a child when ever you came short of expectations from parents/guardians? Anxiety is most times deeply rooted in past (childhood) experiences.

Were you taught that failing is unacceptable and were you made to be very competitive?

So make efforts to overcone this and be careful also that it doesnt degenerate into anxiety dissorder and panic attacks. Believe me you dont want that to happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by Ruq: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Cuz you anticipate gettin down.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by eleojo23: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Your fear of failure may be due to excessive pressure to succeed. You have to understand that it's ok to fail sometimes. Don't bother so much about the high expectations you think people have of you. Do your best in all your endeavours but be open to disappointments because they are inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Struggle With Anxiety So Much? by polz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Given y'all d "like" u were seekin.

Cn we end dis discussion nw? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Condoms 'too Small' For Uganda Men, Members Of Parliament Say / Dating Tips For The Real Men / Dirty Tricks Petrol Stations, Attendants Uses To Cheat Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.