Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues (8897 Views)

A Clean And Browser Friendly Blog For Sale. / Testsitefor.me Site And Browser Plugin / Need Help On Internet "privacy Policy" And Browser Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by kehers(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2008
Just noticed d blog link isnt correct - NL seems to b blocking . D url is allnotes dot dot com/2006/09/standards-and-versions-where-we.html
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2008
wow! 4 pages long. This shows:

1) People r actually learning from this and
2) It is the type of thread we shd b seeing more often on here.

Let's keep it up!
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2008
Wow! It's just great seeing page 4. I've learnt and still learning ooo. Thinking of a better topic than this.

Thumbs up mates!
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by mojojojo(m): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2008
http://browsershots.org/
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2008
mojojojo:

http://browsershots.org/

I already gave that before. Have you got another? grin
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by Mustay(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2008
The Web Developer add-on is a useful one for y'all.

Add it on your Mozilla Firfox
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by sexibabes: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2008
gamine's name shouldnt be on a page like this
she doesnt have the brains to be here.please go back
to ur british visa thread
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2008
Mustay,

I have mentioned the web develooper toolkit b4, along with the XHTML validator and the IE Window add-on but they won't listen grin

If only they knew how powerful FF is, most of what we review on here wouldn't be necessary. For a jiffy, just imagine being able to highlight all tables used with just a few clicks or imagine viewing your site without stylesheets which is how your site is rendered on a PDA.

Maaaan, the cool factor of FF is invaluable.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2008
Prefer FF to any browser any day, any time though Chrome seems to play with some pages that appear good on FF. As for me, no more issues on compatibility for now. I'm controlling it grin

What about you?
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by Mustay(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

If only they knew how powerful FF is, most of what we review on here wouldn't be necessary.

abi o!

Not to talk of the Forms included
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by jeremy411(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2008
Hey guys. How will you feel if your website is compatible on every browser. I know you will be glad. You will even be gracious when the website comes with a fascinating and customised email address and Google search optimization. If that's all you've always been waiting for, then this is the right message that soothes your worries.

No matter your budget, I am ready to give you a website that give you a classic internet presence with a customised email for at least 20 people (or more). Easy to load websites with a feedback feature and other features according to your specification.

I am ready to start right away, you just make that call. +2348077888285. jeremiah.olatinwo@yahoo.com

MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR BOSS

Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by segundash(m): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2008
@yawa-ti-de

Pls I need your ebook on CSS. I'll b glad if you can send it to segundash@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
sure segun. Please send me an email to the address in my profile.

Thanks
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
Pls can those in here review this site and tell me why the DIVs are overlapping on chrome. www.

Gimme the clues in the next one hour pls.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2008
a screen shot of where exactly the problem is, circled out, would help you know? tongue

get back in less than one hour please cool
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
check here and see what I mean.

Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
hmmm, I can't really say but given that you are using tables, y not just create a faux spacer cell (<td width="10">&nbsp;</td>wink? Just wondering. I mean you are already using tables so you might as well.

In other news:
If only you would use DIVs, I might have been able to help you better grin
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2008
Have argued this out with someone and he still doesn't agree that tables is the problem. Thanks for this simple answer. Just came the way I wanted it. wink
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by kehers(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
Have u tried leaving out the banner ad and see if it still overlaps or not? Such things usually happen wen d content of the table (in width) is more than the set width of the table esp with images. If the adsense image's width is more than that of the td, it may actually do that - which of course is what im guessing is happening.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2008
@kehers
That is exactly what is causing the whole problem. Well, thanks for your cares and how about your proposed project? How good is it doing?
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by kehers(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2008
Sku dey really fall my hand oooo. Can only hope d xmas break can bring out something. Thanks for d cares too wink
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
Just try be more focused and before then pls God, you'll have something to show. Keep working harder bro. Same goes to all fellas in here too  wink
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by lectureme(m): 1:13am On Dec 07, 2008
you know as there are many explorer as different they are, so it do happen when
the display you get differs. www.lifesourceonline..com
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2008
Please can you repost or edit your post so as to correct the URL you have below.

lecture me:

you know as there are many explorer as different they are, so it do happen when
the display you get differs. www.lifesourceonline
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by dammytosh: 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2008
Hello,

In my opinion, Using Divs is better and much more professional, but the truth is that table based design comes out cleaner on almost 99% browsers.

I test on Firefox, Chrome and explorer 7.

All other browsers can go to hell. lipsrsealed
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by yawatide(f): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2008
dammytosh, I don't know about the professional part of your statement although i will agree with you that it is better. Also, DIVs come up "cleaner" on 100% of browsers if you know how to use them. How do I know? I have been using DIVs since 2005 and my sites, without testing, come up okay even on PDAs smiley

Per your browser testing, I wouldn't probably say go to hell though for those you don't test on. I would say go with what your logs say. Personally, I would say test for IE6+, FF1+ and Safari. If you can get ur sites showing on those, you are pretty much covered. Chrome? I haven't checked my sites on chrome but I am pretty sure it shows up well there too. Until it becomes more mainstream, I will probably do spot-checks on chrome at the most.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by kehers(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2008
Lol.
Dont miss out IE6. It is still d most used out there.
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2008
no matter whatever you say dammy, designing with divs, still the ultimate for me. If you don't really understand how to make it work for you, try this.

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/breaking-out-of-the-box
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by Mustay(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2008
Really, we shouldn't even really bother ourselves especially when we have DW.

On DW3/DW4, go to the File Menu -> Check page -> Browser Compability and test your entire site or the current document.

Popular Browsers with various versions are in it:

FF
Crazy Browser
IE
Netscape
Opera
Safari

And for those who use not the DW types, na una sabi tongue

Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2008
What about coders that don't enjoy the DW thing and work on notepad or other IDE?
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by Mustay(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2008
they simply go through the rigorous (I bet yawa would disagree with that tongue) test of opening windows for different browsers and test them individually.

Life just got easier. I no like too much stress
Re: Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues by OmniPotens(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2008
At least for the next year. No stress to play with tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple Truths All Nigeria Bloggers Must Face For Success In Blogging! / Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.