Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Keshi Can't Manage Eagles, Says Babayaro - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Can't Manage Eagles, Says Babayaro (991 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Can't Manage Eagles, Says Babayaro by Ridwan123(m): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Former national team goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro has declared that no Nigerian coach is good enough to handle the Super Eagles.

Babayaro added that he was never convinced from the onset that Stephen Keshi was the right man for the Eagles job.

"I don't think Keshi is the man for the job. I never thought any Nigerian coach is the right person for the Eagles. And note this, it has nothing to do with their ability as coaches. As coaches they may be terrific, but I have always maintained, an average Nigerian myself inclusive, we are very sentimental people and football and sentiments they don't go together.

"That is why we have this situation where Keshi never invites the best hands, for one sentimental reason or the other. On a good day, somebody else without sentiments would have invited every other person."

Sounding in similar tone, CAF Technical Committee member, Paul Bassey also warned that a Super Eagles coach not wanting to experiment or take risks by opening new doors for fresh legs may put Nigeria in a bad situation, he said

The country's football has been thrown into chaos by recent developments both on and off the pitch. The ongoing crisis in the football federation and the poor performance by the Super Eagles in the two 2015 AFCON qualifiers against Congo and South Africa has not really given much hope many football followers.

Bassey posited that Nigeria does not have to wait till players like Man City prodigy; Kelechi Iheanacho fades out before they get to play.

"A coach that does not open doors for new players or take risks will end up putting Nigeria in a position where we found ourselves a couple of years ago. I don't think we need to wait till when players like Iheanacho fades out before you start injecting one or two, three players"

"It's a fundamental problem and it was evident in Brazil, it was evident before Brazil, it happened during Brazil and yet we believe we should move things forward without addressing it"

thenews-chronicle.com/keshi-cant-manage-eagles-says-babayaro/

Re: Keshi Can't Manage Eagles, Says Babayaro by Ridwan123(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
Cameroun has shown NFF and many Nigerians
how myopic-minded they are when it comes to
making football decisions. Cameroun are getting
the much needed results with 18-20 year old
players, and some Nigerians are talking about
going through the national team ranks. Absolute
embarrassment!!!! wake-up slumbers.

If iheanacho will be the answer to our creativity
problem in the super eagles midfield, then he
should be drafted in.
Re: Keshi Can't Manage Eagles, Says Babayaro by easyelliot(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
That picture looks like Celestine Babayaro.
Also I don't remember Emmanuel Babayaro being a goal keeper maybe I'm wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Comments By Commentators In The Friendly Match Between Nigeria And Ghana / Forever Green: Daily Betting Tips With Jephri / Christiano Ronaldo Dumped After Irina Shayk Finds Messages From Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.