Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. (1646 Views)

Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is a thread for electrical students, practitioners, technicians and engineers. it is created for sharing our electrical experiences, giving out advice for those that needs it.
Asking and answering electrical/electronics related questions. practical guidelines for those that need to embark on installation or maintenance jobs.
We invite all electricians to this thread to contribute and make it lively.
Welcome to the room.

Re: Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. by handsum92: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
I really need somebody who can explain or refer me to comprehensive materials on electrical wiring especially from the pole round the house, wire color codes, how to identify neutral wire, what looping's with respect to wiring, grounding and distribution...I have a vague understanding of these things and really wish I could get simplified explanation on these things!...have tried going online, tried downloading books!...but I still find it hard to get a good grasp of most of these things...kindly help out anyone...thanks!
Re: Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. by KIDorazulume(m): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
handsum92: I really need somebody who can explain or refer me to comprehensive materials on electrical wiring especially from the pole round the house, wire color codes, how to identify neutral wire, what looping's with respect to wiring, grounding and distribution...I have a vague understanding of these things and really wish I could get simplified explanation on these things!...have tried going online, tried downloading books!...but I still find it hard to get a good grasp of most of these things...kindly help out anyone...thanks!

if what you say is anything to go by, explaining here to you is still going to look like what you have been reading all along. its really very simple if you get it explained with physical apparatus. Just one or two demonstration and it will be clear forever.
Re: Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. by handsum92: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
KIDorazulume:

if what you say is anything to go by, explaining here to you is still going to look like what you have been reading all along. its really very simple if you get it explained with physical apparatus. Just one or two demonstration and it will be clear forever.

Was hoping we could get a class in here where those with thorough understanding of these things can help sacrifice time to explain these things from the scatch, the problem with most of these online resources especially with this area of wiring and all, most of them assume you already know somethings and this approach most times confuses beginners like us...so if we can have a volunteer that can carefully explain some of these terms to us, those of us that really want to learn will be forever indebted and those with helpful online resource could do us a lot of good by dropping the links here...and by physical apparatus, what exactly do yu mean, because I feel it may not be totally necessary since we not talking electronics here, detailed explanation giving the necessary instances'll do just fine...we would then check them(the dbs, d meter, were the neutral wire's, etc) out ourselves....thanks so very much in anticipation
Re: Electrical Practitioners Discussion Thread. by CrazyMan(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
A similar thread already exists, you can join the discussion below.

https://www.nairaland.com/249270/electrical-engineering-aspirants-practitioners

(1)

Difference Between A Talent, A Potential, And An Attribute / Job For Communication And Information Science / Salary Range Of Area Sales Manager At Henkel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.