Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) (1348 Views)

270 Reasons Women Choose Not To Have Children / Boys Night Out Discussions / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
Why women choose bad boys over nice guys has been a mystery since time immemorial.

Even to women, that remains to be an enigma. This is our version of "Why Men Love Bitches".

Why women choose bad boys? We will probably never understand. Here are 10possible explanations I can offer:

1. Breaking the rules means fun.Women want someone who can bring them out of monotony or mediocrity. They want someone who can give them an adrenaline rush. Or someone who can constantly keep them on their toes. The bad guy is a rule breaker. And so the bad guy is appealing.

2. The media's influence. A lot of movies feature stories about women falling for jerks who are actually nice or turned nice in the end. My personal favorite is Good Will Hunting. Sad to say, even Disney movies like Aladdin and Beauty and The Beast indirectly suggest that not all bad boys are downright evil or worthless.

3. Bad boys exude confidence andconfidence is sexy. Nothing is more attractive than a man who knows what he wants and fights for it.

4. Daddy issues. If you're a fan of How I Met Your Mother, you know that Barney Stinson's favorite "prey" are women with daddy issues. They are discombobulated. It could be because they're rebelling so they want someone exactly the opposite of their daddies. Or because of homing instinct. They gravitate to what is familiar with them or what makes them feel at home.

5. The challenge. Men love the chase, women love the challenge. The challenge of turning the rebel into the ideal guy everybody wants to marry. So I guess we can also say that women don't like bad boys because they are bad but because they like the idea of being responsible for his transformation into the nice guy. That sense of accomplishment to achieve something that seems impossible to achieve must be really enticing.

6. Girls just wanna have fun. Men are not the only ones who are afraid of commitment or settling down. Since nice guys seem to be the marrying type, some women avoid them. They don't want to be "tied" yet.

7. Solving the mystery. The bad boy in the story has a story he hides from the world. Again, the thrill in unraveling the mystery behind that bad boy image is exhilarating. Curiosity gets the better of her.

8. The need to be rescued by the knight in shining armour. According to clinical psychologist Dr. Kanan Khatau Chikhal: “Most of these women who fall for these kind of men are intimidated by the outside world. They are shy by nature and are instantly attracted to someone who can take on the world, protect them and take care of them.”

9. Inferiority complex. The lack of self worth often lead women (or even men) to believe they deserve to be treated like crap. So they look for someone who can give them such treatment.

10. Women's love for underdogs. Women are naturally sympathetic and are born with maternal instinct. They tend to look for someone to care for. They easily feel the need to protect and care for those considered as society's reject or are often picked on.
http://posquare65..com/2014/09/why-women-choose-bad-boys-10-possible.html?spref=tw

VIA www.posquare65..com
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by yuncka: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
11. Na bad boys get money na.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2015
Sure they are. But money is not all and all
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
I'm not a bad boy.
I'm fun to be with - i'm not boring.

I'm a Christian, and can never be a bad boy.
Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by funlord(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
grin

Who gives a flying _fuck about the hogwash that the poster above mine just vomitted all over the thread? GTFOH!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
The poster above me is attention-starved and if he never really gave a fvck, he wouldn't have referenced me.

So much of not giving a fvck. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by cococandy(f): 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
I'm a woman
I don't like bad boys

1 Like

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
cococandy:
I'm a woman
I don't like bad boys

LOL!

Do they know what bad boy means undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by Arsenate(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
cococandy:
I'm a woman I don't like bad boys
women don't usually mean what they say...
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Watch what they do, not what they say. wink
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good question
Arsenate:
women don't usually mean what they say...
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by SAMBARRY: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2015
grin

battle between good guy and bad boy part 1 grin

fun fool and francis tony in the boxing ring grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2015
Not entirely true
[ quote author=yuncka post=26362906]11. Na bad boys get money na.[/quote]
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2015
Noted
FrancisTony:
I'm not a bad boy.
I'm fun to be with - i'm not boring.

I'm a Christian, and can never be a bad boy.
Thank you.
Re: Why Women Choose Bad Boys (10 Possible Explanations) by posquare(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2015
bukatyne:

LOL!

Do they know what bad boy means undecided

Good question

(1) (Reply)

A Chinese Hospital Is Tasing Men To Simulate The Pain Of Childbirth / Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair / My Mother Keeps Driving Away My Boyfriends With Her Sexual Advances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.