Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro (683 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro by Wisdytech(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2014
The former Nigeria player has said that no indigenous coach is good enough to manage the country’s senior national team

In the wake of Nigeria’s poor outing in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and speculations whether coach Stephen Keshi’s contract as Eagles manager will be renewed or not, former international goalkeeper Emmanuel Babayaro has said the former Mali and Togo gaffer is not the right man to lead country’s senior football national team.

Keshi had resigned from his role after Nigeria’s loss to France in the second round but later denied saying he only ‘bid’ his players farewell because he wasn’t sure if his contract would be renewed

According to Babayaro, he is not assured that the ‘big boss’ is the best person to manage the Super Eagles.

“I don’t think Keshi is the man for the job. I never thought any Nigerian coach is the right person for the Eagles,” africanfootball.com.

“It has nothing to do with their abilities as coaches. As coaches they may be terrific, but I have always maintained, an average Nigerian, myself inclusive, we are very sentimental people and football and sentiments don’t go together.

“That is why we have this situation where Keshi never invites the best hands, for one sentimental reason or the other.

“On a good day, somebody else without sentiments would have invited every other person.

“We have to bring the best players. They will create competition which at the end of the day makes every other player better,” he concluded.

READ MORE: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/09/16/5108984/keshi-not-the-best-for-eagles-says-babayaro?ICID=HP_HN_2

http://brainnewsng.com/keshi-not-the-best-for-eagles-says-babayaro/

1 Share

Re: Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro by Nyaknor(m): 8:10am On Sep 17, 2014
Babayaro don keep before??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
make e help us call Roberto di mattheo, the guy be free o! and e know how to use slow mikel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Not The Best For Eagles, Says Babayaro by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:11am On Sep 18, 2014
Nyaknor: Babayaro don keep before??
It is Celestine Babayaro's brother, Emmanuel Babayaro. He was the U17 Goal Keeper in Japan '93 with Oruma, Ojigwe, Babayaro, KANU, Oparaku. He injured and his career was cut short. Very talented guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

(breaking News) Amaju Pinnick Won The NFF Election / NFF Wants Me To Replace Keshi- German Coach / Keshi Says Coaching Ghana Would Be "A Dream Come True"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.