Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time (33538 Views)

Why School Should Start At 10am / Spending 4+ Years In A Nigerian Institution Is A Waste Of Time / Why School Dropouts Make More Money Than Professors: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by greatestman(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
Some people made it through school
Others through Business
Others through skills.

Then what is your assertion?
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by laurenjones: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
i'm begining to regret going to school. cry. OP IS RIGHT... 22 yrs of this short life
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by hardbody: 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
gbengress1: Hello everyone!  Hope your work week is going on well.
Last night, I was reading an article on the great men in our generation. What I observed was that, most of them did not go to school, have poor education foundation or they were a failure in school.

In my mind, your education an expansion as a human is absolutely of the utmost importance.  But, since obtaining my undergraduate degree, I have come to a very startling and disturbing realization for our country that; school is a huge waste of time.
Sure, it teaches you how to write essays, stories and how to do basic trig and algebra.  Sure, it gives you a place to go and be under adult supervision while your parents are at work and you are in some of your most rebellious stages of your life. But as for personal growth as a person and becoming a contributing member of society, it is absolute rubbish.
Here are 10 reasons why I think school does nothing to expand your mind. 

1.You are exposed only to select ideas:
School teachers cum lecturers have their hands tied.  They are only allowed to teach certain things, and much of the curriculum is based on off standardized testing garbage.  They are only allowed to use certain books in English classes, have to teach certain topics in history, and it leaves little room for creative thinking or spirited debates.  And forget taboo topics like religion, sexuality, different cultures, government debates, and examining the psychology of people, which all became the basis of conversation in the pyschology, theology, and philosophy classes that I took in college.  And without talking about these things, how can people ever learn that it is okay to explore different ideas and talk with people about different views without feeling threatened or defensive?  By avoiding these topics, school sets our students up to become hot tempered narrow minded bigots.

2. There is little room for stimulated debate:
As I said before, school allows for very limited thinking and does its best to suppress conflict.  But by not teaching students how to talk about their differences in opinion without feeling threatened, students instead chose to put down ideas that were different than theirs because in school different = dangerous. School fails to teach students respect for other peoples opinions.

3.You live with your parents:
Sorry to all the parents in the world, but living with your parents is the biggest hindrance to self discovery.  There is nothing harder than trying to explore your own mind and questioning beliefs and values that your parents hold dear and then being guilted or bullied into saying you agree with them.  There is certainly no harder people in the world to disagree with than your parents, and its not until you are certain about a way that you feel that you can really talk about it with your parents.  By living at home, you just keep yourself immersed in their way of thinking instead of finding your own.  Living on campus was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.

4. It teaches you no useful skills:
Who learned how to vote, create a budget, cook decent meals, do basic home repairs or function as a useful and contributing member of society in high school?  No one ever!
 Most people go on to experience life, broaden their own horizons, and become much more opened minded and educated through self education.  But still, many will continue on, drinking beers at bon fires and posting pictures of their quads and dirt bikes on facebook and ridiculing those with different ideas or opinions than theirs.  And that’s pretty sad.

5. There is a difference between education and school:
You can be very intelligent without school. The problem is kids love learning until they are put into the systematic factory of creating workers we call school. Kids should be able to choose what they want to learn so they continue to be enthusiastic about learning. If kids hate learning they will never truly absorb the info. On top of that what kids are learning is completely pointless and will not ever help them. The real use of school is to teach kids to sit down and deal with things they hate (what you will have to do in most jobs).

6. It teaches you things that dont relate to your future job:
I want to be a video game creator when I grow up. I have been in school for 9 years and I did not learn anything that relates to the job I want. I even asked my teacher if a video game designer job is good. The teaches said that kind of job is "stupid" and that I should choose another job that relates to what you were taught in school. It is a waste of time to learn stuff that you will not need in the future. I have to do a research paper on something stupid and boring and I had no choice.

7. Not everyone is going to be rich when they grow up because of school:
You can have a nice job and become "rich" without going to school. I do YouTube videos for a living and make money off of that. I get about $20 per video I upload on average. You can probably tell that $20 isn't enough so you can probably assume how many videos I upload...... I do it because it is fun. I like to do it and school didn't teach me anything that has to do with it.

8. “...If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”:
I really like this quote and believe it is true. Not every kids are the same, and they will not learn in the same way. I feel like schools are trying too hard to force kids to all learn the same things and take the same classes. If someone isn't learning the information very well, (and if we won't even use it anyway) why is that being taught to us? Let the kids choose which classes they want in order to help them in the future. A lot of the information we learn from elementary school is what we need, because that's the foundation that we build off of. When we begin getting into high school, we should start figuring out what we want to do for a career. I think we should be able to start choosing classes that are going to help us. Some of this stuff that we learn at school we're not even going to use. Even certain math subjects, the only people who will use that information is those who want to be math teachers! A lot of us don't know where certain countries are, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think we should be taught useful subjects. I just don't get why we're taught Pythagorean theorems when we should be learning geography, how to balance a checkbook, or how to begin a business.

9. Could do this at home in half the time:
My pal and I realized that we could easily accomplish equal learning and more, simply on our own time at home, instead of attending meaningless classes with unintelligent and poorly motivated students. Often, we find ourselves in classes with no application to our daily lives, or even to the curriculum.

10. It is an avenue for waste of talent:
You can imagine how many talents that have been wasted in the name of school. Some lecturers sexually harass their female students (which may have a negative implication on the life of the student), many students indulge in acts such as hooliganism, gangsterism, cultism and other devilish acts, all in the name of school.

I knew this was crap and therefore did not waste my time on it. If i were to live a million times over, i will still go to school and acquire education and knowledge. I hate it when drop outs and never do wells find ways and means of justifying their mediocrity.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ndizzy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Its just a neccesity to avoid stories that might hurt ...lol
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by folawiyoma(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op's Is talking about self good education not self bad education dat bad frd give you . Nice one op
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by JustCare: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
well said op, I know where you're heading for. for some of us here in unilag we know ourselves to the extent that we don't waste our time chasing 'shadows' in the name of gp but we try to use the availed opportunity here to educate ourselves, connect to people, places and things that matters in the global community. Thus, working towards the achievement of the position of a 7 star graduate who would be able to compete favourably anywhere in the world. For the education Nigeria offers I can only call it crappy...it's a kind which really enslaves so to say, such is the bitter truth though some people will always object to this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ekeneidiagbor: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
obisage: OP you made a strong points there.
goin to school is not same thing as being educated.

I am a living example on that.
I dropped out of secondary school.
thought myself photography, Cinematography
and graphics design. today I've trained over
15 graduates and have 3 as employees.

school is good but education is more important!
Gbam...... This right here is d most sensible comment so far... I went online and found out dat the top ten youngest billionaires all didn't finish college.... I was shocked! Go to school, bt wat is important is dat u go to school to school(i.e get educated)

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
donroxy: Ignorant is a disease !!!

If you combined what you learnt in University with Business .... You will be better off than a Drop-Out because you wouldn't need a loyalist to tell you what it is , you already familiar with the languages of Business !!!

how do u explain Coscharis that dropped out in primary 3?
Today, he employs PhD holders, go on many international conferences, etc.
Nigerian education is over rated, in fact here, its mostly about certificates.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by chidekings(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
op ur points are very valid....this same issue brings problem between me and my parents.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
U hav some points, self education is the best. Our education system is crap
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by kaboninc(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
With opinions like this, I'm amazed at how confusingly confused some of us can be. For Christ's sake, the world today is built on education and a school is suppose to be a secluded place, designed and structured to facilitate effective learning.

Look at the Boko Haram fella who say 'western education is a sin' yet they use guns, deadly weapons and the likes to perpetrate evil! Are these 'inventions' not from education, be it West or East? We have a means of communicating, a social media which this same 'op' used in passing this kind of message across a large audience; will this same 'op' not claim that this is a 'communication invention'? What makes you 'educated' is the ability to read and write be it in Igbo, French or English...I see the 'op' can read and write.

All these billionaires and millionaires had one form of education or another and continuously update their knowledge base. They spend huge amount of money just to stay informed and its also another form of education.

I could go on and on; we need to think clearly.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:
how do u explain Coscharis that dropped out in primary 3?
Today, he employs PhD holders, go on many international conferences, etc.
Nigerian education is over rated, in fact here, its mostly about certificates.
You should have asked coshcaris why he failed to employ primary 3 drop-out like him to manage his business !

Coshcaris knows the value of Education , and you think coscharis dumb head brought him to where he is , hell no, it is those PhD holders he recruited that brought him to where he is and He pay !!
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
donroxy: You should have asked coshcaris why he failed to employ primary 3 drop-out like him to manage his business !

Coshcaris knows the value of Education , and you think coscharis dumb head brought him to where he is , hell no, it is those PhD holders he recruited that brought him to where he is and He pay !!

And who told u He doesn't employ primary 3 dropouts?
if the PhD peepz are that wonderful in managing businesses, why are they serving a primary 3 drop out.
If he had gone to sch to study medicine or computer science, he wouldn't have been this successful.
And who told you his business innovations are not from him, you should read up Cosmas Maduka for starters.

The moral here is that univ education is not the only means to success. Your brain and ingenuity matters,unfortunately Nigerian education doesn't equip people to be innovative or creative, yet we overflog it like hell, just get a job in bank or somewhere and perform laid down functions, that's all, no addition, no subtraction .
No great nation was formed that way.
Here, you get your masters only to use it and become a servant!

imagine u thinking coscharis is a dumb head, innoson too is a dumb head, bill gates nah block head, name them.......
And they keep making servants out of graduates.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by crudedude(m): 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by makkosky(m): 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
So sad to read this thread but on a serious note, you made a point. However, your point does not tally with the what this great nation need's to grow!!!! Reason is that life is a problem solving situation and a drop-out can not easily get through..... How? The recent EBOLA outbreak can not be solve by a drop-out or low thinking people like the "Ewedu and KOLANUT". Also, the recent insurgent is being resolve and positive chances are there that Nigeria will thruimph due to collective effort of intellectuals, intelligent and hardworking men who keep strategizing and the rest.... As such, school cannot regard as a complete waste of time but it is a wasted time for those who fail to achieve nothing from IT...... Thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 18, 2014
ketoprofen:

This is the simple reason why Nigeria is backward and Nigerian youths are hardly found in the scheme of events in the world except few exceptional ones !!

Just look @ your reverse way of thinking ?

It is one thing to create a business , it is another thing to manage business to success ...... And it is indeed an entirely another thing to sustain the successs of a business over a long period of time and another thing entirely to manage the failures in business tongue

Coscharis created a business, Innoson created a business, Bill gates , Osewa, Steve Job etc .....

But the success of the business is not exceptionally theirs , it is the success of the staffs , each and every member of the organisation share the success and the failure together !!!

Ehehn, so tell me Coscharis has been employing primary 3 drop-outs and not PhD anymore ...... The whole of Coscharis should have been filled with Primary 3 drop-out na , if education is over-hyped ..... Yeye people !

As for why are PhD serving primary 3 drop-out ? .... It is a question that could be asked by a Nigerian so remote from civilisation ....

There is nobody serving anybody perse, we are all businessman .... Coscharis is also serving some people by rendering services to them and they pay him .........

Innoson has people he is serving by selling suvs to them and they pay him

Same goes with bill gates ,he has a market he served and get paid for Microsoft Softwares

Steve jobs also ....

PhD also has the market they served and got paid .....

No one is doing it for free, we are all doing it to sustain.....

It is not a slave trade .......
and you are still nurturing a slave mentality ..... .....

We are all servants of one another in this world but that you get paid makes you a master too !!

where Coscharis think his brain doesn't reach in terms of expertise , he will call his eggheaders ''PhD Holders'' to come and provide ''professional and academic insight'' into his business problem/success !!

We all get paid and that is business !

Now, if you failed to use your certificate/knowledge to eat or do business then that is your own failure in life not anyone .....

Coscharis is definitely using his business acumen brain to eat while PhDs are also using their brain to eat ......

Everything borders on food and making this world a happier sojourn for ourself !!!

....... How will I ever give personality like you a contract , imagine we are in a business retreat and you are speaking this way , all prospective clients will turn away from you cuz No-one wants to do business with an ill-educated person !!!

I have so many illiterates businessmen around me , and majority of them usually tell me, their business would have gone more better and higher if they go to school ......

Without some certain certified academic degree from recognised institutions some certain organisation won't do business with you and if your competitors should acquire this qualifications , then your business will suffer defeat !!!

Business is more than this yeye one una dey do for streets and market place .... By the time you reach level of Coscharis,Innoson and Bill gates , you will know what school is cuz right now, your brain doesn't know what school is !!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 18, 2014
You people will fail in using school to eat only to come on board and be speaking like illiterate and ignorant businessmen that you are !!!

Foolish people, how many of you could write business proposals that could win you sophisticated clients from Government , private organisation and multinational agencies .....

Imagine, someone selling boxers/singlets speaking nonsense regarding education ! grin

Bunch of street businessdudes and hawkers !!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by GreyBlood: 1:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Education is nothing but a feeble rehash of already established theories. You are forced to believe theories put forward by others thereby making your thinking limited.

Have you ever wondered why most people don't perform well in school? It's because they are forced to think, reason, understand and try to adopt the beliefs of other people. The best way to be the best is to be yourself, but forcing you to be or think exactly like the other person will only make you an imitation. Who taught those people we are learning from? Does it mean that they are the only intelligent people the world has got? Does it mean we can't use our intelligence in different ways and attain good results?

I could remember when I was in sch, there was a guy in my class who hates all these long calculations in further maths. He went and devised/propounded a formular he will be using; it's shorter and simpler but our teacher always cancels his works and warned him never to use his own formular again. Now who will give such guy a chance to prove his own intelligence?
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by UyiIredia(m): 2:54am On Sep 18, 2014
OCTAVO: Nonsense! DO NOT ATTEMPT to mislead gullible minds with this idiotic post of yours!
It's a very wise counsel. I wonder if you've read 'Rich DaD, Poor DaD' BTW. If you have you wouldn't disagree with the OP.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by SEYIKP(m): 3:43am On Sep 18, 2014
MADUGURI STRAIGHT!!! TO IDENTIFY WITH BOKO HARAM IDEOLOGY. SINCE THIS DUDE HAVE SAID I'M WASTING MY TIME GOING TO SKUL. YEYE DEY SMELL, YOU THINK IF SEUN HADN'T GONE TO SKUL U WOULD HAVE HAD THIS PLATFORM OF SPILLING THIS THRASH. IF MARK HAD NEGLECTED HARVARD U THINK HIS HORIZON WOULD HAVE WIDEN UP. GUY GOD CAN'T BE MOCK AND DON'T BE DECEIVED, GOING TO UNIVERSITY GIVES U LEVERAGE IN LIFE. NOT ONLY INFORMATION WISE, BUT ALSO CONNECTION PURPOSES. BRIGHT & BRILLIANT MINDS DON'T SIT @ HOME. YOU MEET THEM@ UNI.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 5:40am On Sep 18, 2014
donroxy: This is the simple reason why Nigeria is backward and Nigerian youths are hardly found in the scheme of events in the world except few exceptional ones !!

Just look @ your reverse way of thinking ?

It is one thing to create a business , it is another thing to manage business to success ...... And it is indeed an entirely another thing to sustain the successs of a business over a long period of time and another thing entirely to manage the failures in business tongue

Coscharis created a business, Innoson created a business, Bill gates , Osewa, Steve Job etc .....

But the success of the business is not exceptionally theirs , it is the success of the staffs , each and every member of the organisation share the success and the failure together !!!

Ehehn, so tell me Coscharis has been employing primary 3 drop-outs and not PhD anymore ...... The whole of Coscharis should have been filled with Primary 3 drop-out na , if education is over-hyped ..... Yeye people !

As for why are PhD serving primary 3 drop-out ? .... It is a question that could be asked by a Nigerian so remote from civilisation ....

There is nobody serving anybody perse, we are all businessman .... Coscharis is also serving some people by rendering services to them and they pay him .........

Innoson has people he is serving by selling suvs to them and they pay him

Same goes with bill gates ,he has a market he served and get paid for Microsoft Softwares

Steve jobs also ....

PhD also has the market they served and got paid .....

No one is doing it for free, we are all doing it to sustain.....

It is not a slave trade .......
and you are still nurturing a slave mentality ..... .....

We are all servants of one another in this world but that you get paid makes you a master too !!

where Coscharis think his brain doesn't reach in terms of expertise , he will call his eggheaders ''PhD Holders'' to come and provide ''professional and academic insight'' into his business problem/success !!

We all get paid and that is business !

Now, if you failed to use your certificate/knowledge to eat or do business then that is your own failure in life not anyone .....

Coscharis is definitely using his business acumen brain to eat while PhDs are also using their brain to eat ......

Everything borders on food and making this world a happier sojourn for ourself !!!

....... How will I ever give personality like you a contract , imagine we are in a business retreat and you are speaking this way , all prospective clients will turn away from you cuz No-one wants to do business with an ill-educated person !!!

I have so many illiterates businessmen!!!! around me , and majority of them usually tell me, their business would have gone more better and higher if they go to school ......

Without some certain certified academic degree from recognised institutions some certain organisation won't do business with you and if your competitors should acquire this qualifications , then your business will suffer defeat !!!

Business is more than this yeye one una dey do for streets and market place .... By the time you reach level of Coscharis,Innoson and Bill gates , you will know what school is cuz right now, your brain doesn't know what school is !!

keep deceiving yourself.
One is entrepreneur, the others are servants.
I asked u a question, why can't the said PhD holders form similar enterprises instead of coming to do functions stipulated by a sch drop out?
What has our so called PhD holders created or innovated by themselves that can make Nigeria rub shoulders with the rest of nations, aside some very few people tho?
The op said university education esp the one we do in Nigeria is not the only way to success and logically he is right.
The reason why Nigeria is backward as you said is not due to people that didn't go to the university but the unproductivity of those that did. Its all about certificates here.
The over reliance on university education as the only means to success has rendered many people paupers,

Imagine you berating people that do business in the market place, many of them have more investments and live more comfortably than the so called PhD holders.
Its just not the only way to success.
What of PhD holders that run errands, going from place to place marketing drugs for people at paltry salaries under hot sun?
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 5:40am On Sep 18, 2014
UyiIredia: It's a very wise counsel. I wonder if you've read 'Rich DaD, Poor DaD' BTW. If you have you wouldn't disagree with the OP.

Don't mind them.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 5:44am On Sep 18, 2014
GreyBlood: Education is nothing but a feeble rehash of already established theories. You are forced to believe theories put forward by others thereby making your thinking limited.

Have you ever wondered why most people don't perform well in school? It's because they are forced to think, reason, understand and try to adopt the beliefs of other people. The best way to be the best is to be yourself, but forcing you to be or think exactly like the other person will only make you an imitation. Who taught those people we are learning from? Does it mean that they are the only intelligent people the world has got? Does it mean we can't use our intelligence in different ways and attain good results?

I could remember when I was in sch, there was a guy in my class who hates all these long calculations in further maths. He went and devised/propounded a formular he will be using; it's shorter and simpler but our teacher always cancels his works and warned him never to use his own formular again. Now who will give such guy a chance to prove his own intelligence?

Sb will finish cramming all the calculus and integration, only to find out that it will be totally useless later.
He or she will resort to tnz he laughed at while schooling: businesses, bead making, tailoring, cooking, etc.
School sure wastes time for many people
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 18, 2014
ketoprofen:
There are what we call ''field of life'' and each nation must be well represented in each field in order to maintain balance ..... Small business, Medium Business, Large Business, Conglomerates, Academic and Professional ... Etc

If those with certificate are unproductive, then who would you blame ... ?

The knowledge or the personality who failed to use the knowledge ?

@one point in your life , you are an apprentice of somebody abi you wanna tell me you just jump into your business without getting education @least from those that have been there ?

If you now failed as an individual to effectively used the knowledge they gave to you in building your business to success , who do you blame ?

You see, you are still not thinking straight and this must affect your business no doubt :

why can't Coscharis also go for PhD and do for himself what those PhD are doing for him?
tongue

Why do Coscharis need those PhDs if education is over hyped, what are those PhDs doing for Coscharis that he could not do himself ?

why PhD, why not someone like you dominating the fron, middle and back of Coscharis?

If you have an higher IQ, you would know that Coscharis is wiser than you in multiple folds and that is why He is Coscharis and you are whatever you are !!

PhDs are philosophers , they are highly oriented in research and problem solving skills and ability to contribute to knowledge by relating with any philosophical issues bordering on problems within and beyond their field of study as well as their area of specialisation !!

In life , there is what they called Division of Labour and no man can actually has it all .....

The work requirement of a PhD is so voluminous that he would never be able to concentrated on developing an enterprenuership venture unless such is an academic venture .....

Also, Coscharis is a busy man in his own right that he will never be able to concentrate on his PhD ....

You either keep your PhD certificate and get far away from academic/professional matters and nurture your business to success or you abandoned your business , employ someone to manage it for you and go back to school for your PhD

it is all about Interest and passion and it is all about where you think you wanna be to contribute to the development of your economy !!!

If you wanna know what PhDs innovated/Created, you have to go and do research in Nigerian Universities and see for yourself ......

It is easier to get drop from school and start a business ..... Go and ask how easier it is to pass through 3years of Academic Excellence and a Unique Research that must be contributing to the present level of knowledge !!!

The last time we checked the statistics the number of people that didn't go to school are higher than the number of people that does ........

Nigeria is one of the educationally backward country in the world

It is people like you who later in life find the reason to own a particular certificate and do one crash programme that are responsible for Nigerian Backwardness ....... You are the one responsible for unemployment ........

Some one like you can never go to school for knowledge but certificate and going by your IQ, it is people like you who would stole Billions of Naira .......

Check google and see for yourself how educationally backward Nigerian is and you can still opened your mouth and say few ones that are educated among 170million population are the ones responsible for our backwardness !

If I have my way in this country , everybody must go to school ...... Business is a passion thus regardless of the challenges therein , you will still find your feet .... !!!

School is knowledge, if you failed to grab the knowledge then don't blame school but yourself !!
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
donroxy: There are what we call ''field of life'' and each nation must be well represented in each field in order to maintain balance ...

If those with certificate are unproductive, then who would you blame ... ?

The knowledge or the personality who failed to use the knowledge ?

@one point in your life , you are an apprentice of somebody abi you wanna tell me you just jump into your business without getting education @least from those that have been there ?

If you now failed as an individual to effectively used the knowledge they gave to you in building your business to success , who do you blame ?

You see, you are still not thinking straight and this must affect your business no doubt :

why can't Coscharis also go for PhD and do for himself what those PhD are doing for him?
tongue

Why do Coscharis need those PhDs if education is over hyped, what are those PhDs doing for Coscharis that he could not do himself ?

why PhD, why not someone like you dominating the fron, middle and back of Coscharis?

If you have an higher IQ, you would know that Coscharis is wiser than you in multiple folds and that is why He is Coscharis and you are whatever you are !!

PhDs are philosophers , they are highly oriented in research and problem solving skills and ability to contribute to knowledge by relating with any philosophical issues bordering on problems within and beyond their field of study as well as their area of specialisation !!

In life , there is what they called Division of Labour and no man can actually has it all .....

The work requirement of a PhD is so voluminous that he would never be able to concentrated on developing an enterprenuership venture unless such is an academic venture .....

Also, Coscharis is a busy man in his own right that he will never be able to concentrate on his PhD ....

You either keep your PhD certificate and get far away from academic/professional matters and nurture your business to success or you abandoned your business , employ someone to manage it for you and go back to school for your PhD

it is all about Interest and passion and it is all about where you think you wanna be to contribute to the development of your economy !!!

If you wanna know what PhDs innovated/Created, you have to go and do research in Nigerian Universities and see for yourself ......

It is easier to get drop from school and start a business ..... Go and ask how easier it is to pass through 3years of Academic Excellence and a Unique Research that must be contributing to the present level of knowledge !!!

The last time we checked the statistics the number of people that didn't go to school are higher than the number of people that does ........

Nigeria is one of the educationally backward country in the world

It is people like you who later in life find the reason to own a particular certificate and do one crash programme that are responsible for Nigerian Backwardness ....... You are the one responsible for unemployment ........

Some one like you can never go to school for knowledge but certificate and going by your IQ, it is people like you who would stole Billions of Naira .......

Check google and see for yourself how educationally backward Nigerian is and you can still opened your mouth and say few ones that are educated among 170million population are the ones responsible for our backwardness !

The PhD holders and others are his servants, simple. He is their chairman.
As for many Nigerian PhD holders, they haven't been innovative.
Nigeria has produced many engineers and technicians, yet we are depending on other countries for products made by even children.
And you think Nigerian education is not about certificates . Tell me how Nigeria has been changed from these PhD holders?
In Nigeria, u are schooled to be employed instead of to be creative and better the environment . Totally abysmal.
You think that Isaac newton discovered the law of gravity by. PhD? In fact, u think the wright brothers invented planes after they burnt midnight candles reading? Was Shakespeare a graduate when he started writing wonders?
Achebe had written his novel, things fall apart, as an undergraduate, a book that would later be the Africa's foremost literary piece, the most read African book in the world .
How many of our graduates, phd holders are that creative?
Our education is becoming overrated, today English graduates are thinking of being employed only in schools, embassies where they would be doing stipulated jobs that even an SS3 students can do.
So bad.
U are not sure of being richer than non graduates, you are still not sure of creating more impact than them.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Exjoker(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Is there any reason dat i shuldnt call u a boko harramite
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by tempem: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Forget it, they were lazy, and that was what led into their present state; being poor.
Haven't you seen desingers controlling more than an educated fellow? Countless of examples..... See, bro let's keep facing the facts.
Donfamous: show me those two people boldened and I'll show you more than 10,000 people living in abject poverty for not going to school, so its disadvantages is fatal compared to its advantage.
NB: dangote school in Egypt, so don't include him there

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2014
Op. U are NT an undergraduate in what am seeing here...

school Is essential just like water is
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2014
greatestman: Some people made it through school
Others through Business
Others through skills.

Then what is your assertion?

thank you.
it must be through school, that's what I was pointing out to sb
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by ketoprofen(m): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2014
donroxy: You people will fail in using school to eat only to come on board and be speaking like illiterate and ignorant businessmen that you are !!!

Foolish people, how many of you could write business proposals that could win you sophisticated clients from Government , private organisation and multinational agencies .....

Imagine, someone selling boxers/singlets speaking nonsense regarding education ! grin

Bunch of street businessdudes and hawkers !!

schooling is different from education.
Selling boxers or any form of trade is education on its own.
Even coschariz in question was an apprentice and petty trader.
The most impt thing is being successful at the end.
Re: 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2014
ketoprofen:
schooling is different from education.
Selling boxers or any form of trade is education on its own.
Even coschariz in question was an apprentice and petty trader.
The most impt thing is being successful at the end.
Of course, Schooling differs from education but where you can get well tailored education interms of specialisation is the school !!

A school is simply defined as a citadel of Knowledge and the only means to knowledge is education which you can gather from self intuition or being taught by someone else .......

Don't also forget we have varieties of schools and they are in grades .... Someone who is learning from Chigozie International : Importer and exporter is also in school and somebody who does such in university through Economics is also in school ..... one is recognised than the other sha !!

School will help you to consolidate everything that scattered in your brain into one particular discipline of your choice!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt / Covenant University Student Expelled For Drug Use Disrupt Chapel Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.