Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx (2795 Views)

Golf3 Differences / Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 / How Much For Golf3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pls my gud friends am a guy dat enterd level 200 dis year at unizik meanwhile I was workin before I enterd skul and am earnin sum moni while savin them. Pls I nid I little fancy neat car like golf3 dat will be servin me. I travel alot and I due flex pls can I get golf3 wit 200k or anyother fancy car like dat wit cheap maintenance.. Ur advice will be appreciated. Tnx alot
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by mayor2013: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
No you can't get a good golf 3. Its better you keep your money to the expected purchase fee for golf 3 rather than get it cheap. If you get it for 200k expect to spend double that money on fixing most of its problem
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by redcliff: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Some folks just dont learn....
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
You can get a neatly used Golf Mk II at your budget.

Was at Unizik last week Monday. Not much changes since I left. I ended my visit at Admin block, though.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Unizik havnt change bt we depend on our new gov to do sumtin better. Ikenna golf2 is nt fancy now and is too ugly. Pls can I get anyother car wit dat burget?? Pls help me o.. Is long I hav been savin dis stuff now.. Pls I nid more opinion 4rm u guys
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
felixmadugba: Unizik havnt change bt we depend on our new gov to do sumtin better. Ikenna golf2 is nt fancy now and is too ugly. Pls can I get anyother car wit dat burget?? Pls help me o.. Is long I hav been savin dis stuff now.. Pls I nid more opinion 4rm u guys

Unizik is a Federal School. So dont expect the State Governor to do something about it. He has Anambra state University as a responsibility to deal with. Just go for and get what you signed for in the school, like I did, irrespective the state of things in the School. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills.

Anyway, Anambra state now has a good road networks. Thanks to the past Governors. So you have less headaches to be concerned with, with regards to repairs on whatever car you end up with it. What you need is a car you can manually troubleshoot yourself, as a student. It will go a long way to save you some cash you will spend on books and the rest. If you end up with high complex EFI car, you will either spend more each time you take it for diagnosis at workshops or you spend heavily buying tools for diagnosing EFI cars. The more electric a car becomes, the more you will spend to keep it on the road.

When I think of another good car for your budget, will let you know.

Ikenna
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna tnx a lot 4 ur advice.. Bt am waitin ooo
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by danadam(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
felixmadugba: Unizik havnt change bt we depend on our new gov to do sumtin better. Ikenna golf2 is nt fancy now and is too ugly. Pls can I get anyother car wit dat burget?? Pls help me o.. Is long I hav been savin dis stuff now.. Pls I nid more opinion 4rm u guys

As a student, i don't think you should be bothered about fancy. Your main concern should be a car that will ease your transportation needs.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
danadam:

As a student, i don't you should be bothered about fancy. Your main concern should be a car that will ease your transportation needs.

Felix, danadam is right.

Ikenna
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pls suggest another car for me apart from golf2.. Bikonu. I hate golf2 ryt 4rm my childhood..

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikenna351: You can get a neatly used Golf Mk II at your budget.

Was at Unizik last week Monday. Not much changes since I left. I ended my visit at Admin block, though.

Ikenna
with your 406?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
felixmadugba: Pls my gud friends am a guy dat enterd level 200 dis year at unizik meanwhile I was workin before I enterd skul and am earnin sum moni while savin them. Pls I nid I little fancy neat car like golf3 dat will be servin me. I travel alot and I due flex pls can I get golf3 wit 200k or anyother fancy car like dat wit cheap maintenance.. Ur advice will be appreciated. Tnx alot
if u don't mind a peugeot 505 jst quote me and I will give u more info
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ur budget too small. Why not think of a biz to do, get like 100k extra, so we should begin from there.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bossforeva: with your 406?

Yes.

Ikenna
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
felixmadugba: Pls suggest another car for me apart from golf2.. Bikonu. I hate golf2 ryt 4rm my childhood..

200,000 NGN to purchase a Volkswagen Golf III? And you expect it to be fully functional, I suppose.

My advice? Keep on top of your studies, and be less bothered with "flexing", and what your friends and fellow students think. This is all about cutting your coat according to your cloth. Don't try living beyond your means, you'll regret it later. Obviously you have made up your mind to ignore well-meaning advice, and will probably end up buying a ruin for 200,000 NGN.

Then throw twice that amount at the car, and still have a ruin at the end. A voracious, financial money pit that will suck you dry, and kick the shít out of you financially and emotionally.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
felixmadugba: Pls suggest another car for me apart from golf2.. Bikonu. I hate golf2 ryt 4rm my childhood..

If you hate the car that much, then forget about the car. There should be some level of attraction to a car you want to buy and keep, which you can afford to keep on the road.

Ikenna
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Double post
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Double post
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Double post
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
SAVEDBABA: if u don't mind a peugeot 505 jst quote me and I will give u more info

Another good suggestion, if the budget can get you a clean one. But it could. Try Enugu town. There are lots of clean 505 on the road, especially the series II.

A lot of 505 owners in Europe, Canada, USA & Australia, who don't abuse theirs get upto 27 - 31 mpg from them, with the same fuel carburetted I-4 engines you will find in the ones in Nigeria. I can guide you on how you can attain such fuel economy, if you want to. I have lost counts of how many times I have travelled with mine since 2011 till date, even though it has V6 engine. With the V6 engine, on journeys, it has been 21 - 23 mpg so far. I could have been getting higher if not because of aggressive manner I do push her. But how could I? When the higher the rpm, the sweeter the V6 songs; the more aggressive I push her, the more smile. The temptation is irresistible. But will try and drive her sensibly next time I take her on trip and see what the mpg will be like.

I was at New Parts Nkpor Anambra state last Tuesday, before I drove back to Abuja the next day. I couldn't believe almost all 504 & 505 parts are still available in new parts and very very cheap for that matter. Even brand new single barrel Solex carburetor is there as well, very cheap. Some other brand if cars now converts their carburetor with that single barrel Solex carburetor.

You have all it takes down there to own a 505 which is one of the cheapest car to run and maintain, if you wished to.

Ikenna
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Lagusta(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
With 200k, you could get the following...

1) 1992 honda accord (honda halla)

2) 1991 mazda 626 (capella)

3) 1992 toyota carina II

but if you're still hell-bent on getting golf MKIII, then save 250k extra
hope this helps
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by sutst: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
pls I need nigeria used toyota hilux
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
Man check this out.. I personally recommend it above the links i posted above
https://www.nairaland.com/1909180/very-cheap-registered-audi-8.0
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pls I need difference between daewoo lanos 1998 model and golf3.. Sumone offered one lanos to me at affordable price bt I dnt knw anytin abt d car... Pls I need ur advice oo ikenna and others pls say sumtin
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
felixmadugba: Pls I need difference between daewoo lanos 1998 model and golf3.. Sumone offered one lanos to me at affordable price bt I dnt knw anytin abt d car... Pls I need ur advice oo ikenna and others pls say sumtin
http://www.edmunds.com/daewoo/lanos/
dn't go for the Mazda as i saw your post on that thread.. Meanwhile have you contacted the daewoo dealer, if yes, how has been the deal?
Personally, i would go for the Audi 80 i linked you to.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Siena:

200,000 NGN to purchase a Volkswagen Golf III? And you expect it to be fully functional, I suppose.

My advice? Keep on top of your studies, and be less bothered with "flexing", and what your friends and fellow students think. This is all about cutting your coat according to your cloth. Don't try living beyond your means, you'll regret it later. Obviously you have made up your mind to ignore well-meaning advice, and will probably end up buying a ruin for 200,000 NGN.

Then throw twice that amount at the car, and still have a ruin at the end. A voracious, financial money pit that will suck you dry, and kick the shít out of you financially and emotionally.
you can still get a good used car that is not that problematic. My 190 was sold at 130k, and tis still kicking strong.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by felixmadugba: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
U sold ur clean 190 at 130k wow!! Abeg fine small car 4 me naa.. Do sumtin 4 ur guy naa.. Na 200k I get cash at hand now.. My probs is I cnt save moni. I hardly saved up dis 200k and I cnt continue.. Please make una help ur guy naa I need more post 4rm u guys thanks
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
felixmadugba: U sold ur clean 190 at 130k wow!! Abeg fine small car 4 me naa.. Do sumtin 4 ur guy naa.. Na 200k I get cash at hand now.. My probs is I cnt save moni. I hardly saved up dis 200k and I cnt continue.. Please make una help ur guy naa I need more post 4rm u guys thanks
man check out my previous posts and links if you are really serious about getting a ride.. If you also wanna go offline to get one in awka fine.
We wn't do everything for you.
I feel like am even bothering myself more.
Re: Please I Need Golf3 And My Burget Is 200k.. Tnx by Ikenna351(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
felixmadugba: U sold ur clean 190 at 130k wow!! Abeg fine small car 4 me naa.. Do sumtin 4 ur guy naa.. Na 200k I get cash at hand now.. My probs is I cnt save moni. I hardly saved up dis 200k and I cnt continue.. Please make una help ur guy naa I need more post 4rm u guys thanks

The way you are going, you may end up regretting not entering a joint and blow the 200k on Nkwobi and the rest.

I could see that you have no clue what a car is. Do you think its some piece of metal you just put some liquid in fuel tank and drive on? Otherwise, I am trying to understand why you would think any car that cost 200k you like the look is game to you?

I attended the school you are in. I had a car too while I was there. I knew what it was to drive to lectures and not queue up struggling for bus. I knew what it was like to maintain a car as a student with pocket money. I knew what it was like struggling to keep a car and still keep your academics before you. Trust me, if what you after is to form big boy,then be ready to see those chics you want to impress, graduate and leave behind waka. Because by the time you spend all the pennies you have trying to keep up with that level by keeping a wrong cat for you on the road, you wont see even N200 extra to buy common handout.

What you need is not a car you can afford, at your level. What you need is a car you afford to keep on the road without affecting your mission in that school. You are now considering every car you see cost 200k. Have you even bothered to check about availability of parts in Awka? Or you prefer to be going to Onitsha for every single pin that will be needed to be replaced? Or you it never occurred to you that you will likely spend more than you purchased a car with your first 2-3 months of ownership? You think tokunbo car is new car, not to think of Nigerian used car at your budget?

Experience is the best teacher, anyway. Good luck.

Ikenna

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) / Which One Should I Buy 2009 Rav4 Vs 2007 Highlander / Volvo S80 Or S60, Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.