Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 (14247 Views)

How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by eseago: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2010
pls my dear friends i want to known wheaher golf 3 is a reliable car in terms of fuel economy, mentainance, etc.

thank u.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
golf 3 is reliable and fuel economy most especially the one with electric caburretor but the one with injector run faster than the one with caburretor.i have used golf 3 twice infact i just bought one from cotonou yesteday to be delivered to me on friday.Auto,factory fitted,chrome,clean interior,power window,cassette player,everything there was perfect but a bit heartrending price.
Oneluv
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by KunleA2(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2010
switchmax8:

golf 3 is reliable and fuel economy most especially the one with electric caburretor but the one with injector run faster than the one with caburretor.i have used golf 3 twice infact i just bought one from cotonou yesteday to be delivered to me on friday.Auto,factory fitted,chrome,clean interior,power window,cassette player,everything there was perfect but a bit heartrending price.
Oneluv

How much did you land it TOTAL? Please give breakdown of actual purchase and the crossing fees. What state is it being delivered to? Any pics?

Thanks
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Aare1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kunle-A:

How much did you land it TOTAL? Please give breakdown of actual purchase and the crossing fees. What state is it being delivered to? Any pics?

Thanks
switchmax pls i wil not also mind knowing d full price and a picture or two will be greatly appreciated
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by calabaman(m): 5:32am On Apr 14, 2010
but i thought the MK3 was famous for water pump issues, ?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by chelseabmw(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2010
smiley
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 8:43am On Apr 14, 2010
Kunle,
The price that brought the golf 3 with the features mentioned was about 700k.we find it difficult to locate a clean golf 3 auto and factory fitted ac the few autos that we saw does not have ac we were asked for construction but,i declined because i have used golf 3 with constructed ac which gave me alot of problem.out of the 35 parks we walked around in cotonou we were able to see 3 golf 3 with the complete features infact one had leather seat clean everything ok but they were asking for 2.3m cefas last price.
excluding the clearing and other logistics and as at monday cefas was 314 it was a very hectic journey that we used about 6 hrs looking for automatic golf 3 it is not easy broda they have alot of manual clean golf 3 that 550k can bring to lagos but my taste was what lead me to the trekking like someone in the wilderness.
The golf should be in lagos friday morning or afternoon.they have alot of parks in cotonou that you can walk around but you cannot walk into one third of the park even if you were given 48hrs because we started walking from 10am untill 5pm before i could set my eyes on the type i wanted cool car,auto,factory fitted,chrome,power window clean interior infact i met some nigerian guys wanting to buy as well but the price drove them away maybe they might settle for manual which you can get to nigeria for 550k-600k if you are interested let me know then i can hook you up with my friend that is into it.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by KunleA2(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2010
Thanks don't really need one. Was just trying to figure out if it will be worthwhile for me to ship from the US. I guess not. Also, being a Cotonou car, don't wanna be dealing with the issue of clearing it in Cotonou.

Auto factory A/C etc from the US will land almost 750k in Cotonou. And that is before clearing. But you have to keep in mind that Golf 3 ran from 1992-1999. So the one i am talking will be around 96, 97, 98, 99.

Please post the pics of your car when you get it. In and out. Will love to see it. Lets know the year also.

Enjoy the ride.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2010
I will send the pics as soon as the car is in lagos the one i bought is 96 model i would have sent the pic but my laptop does not have bluetooth i will send it next week.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by KunleA2(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2010
No problem. Will be looking forward.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2010
buying is 1.9m cefas and cefas was 314 at monday.dont be tricked to cotonou to buy cars with the impression at cheaper rate though there is alot of difference buying in cotonou than lagos most especially golf 4,baby boy,camry tin light alot of cars to cherish there but soup wey sweet na money finish am
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by eseago: 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
thank u very much for your effort in explaining every thing about the golf 3.
one more thing i want to know is can one clear his vehicle by himself or he must contact an agent and
the 314 is it to 1000 cefa?
thank u.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
you cannot clear your car by yourself because you did not understand french neither understand how their clearing systems works.the buyer will always llok for a agent that will clear it then take it close to the border called Igolo your nigerian agent will now take it from there to nigeria.I can link you up with the person that helped me to buy mine.
Find attached picture of the one i bought.

Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kunle and Co,you can have a look at the pic of the golf the interior pic is not available for now i will do that next week
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
I av a golf 3 with auto trans, fac ac, very clean just 650k. Call 07039431429 for details. Expect d pix b4 20th
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by 190: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^

700K for G3

hiss~ angry angry

190 beta pass JARE~
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2010
Sithanda,
Where is the golf 3 located for inspection.I am interested someone ready to buy send the pics to wealthyemah@yahoo.com
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by calabaman(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2010
@190.Yeye boi, Hw u go say 190 beta pass golf 3.anyway the sayin 1mans milk is anoda mans poison.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2010
even if he says danfo or nissan sunny is better he is right in his senses because that is what he like dont crucify him.I bought what i like that is how some people will be here advertising that they can get you car for a peanut when you get to cotonou the story changes.For you information do be deceived in buying cars for a peanut then you end up paying double of what you are avoiding in lagos.Initially the person told me that i can get it for 600k to nigeria but when i go there we could not get any auto after walking around about 35 parks.Do you know what it takes to trek withing 35 parks the trekking started from 10am-5pm we started from Ettis to Ellisa that was the 2 parks we went to and we could not finish walking into the guys it was hectic whomever had golf 3 auto for sale here should post it
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by calabaman(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2010
@190.Yeye boi, Hw u go say 190 beta pass golf 3.anyway the sayin 1mans milk is anoda mans poison.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by toba1909(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2010
switchmax8:

you cannot clear your car by yourself because you did not understand french neither understand how their clearing systems works.the buyer will always llok for a agent that will clear it then [b]take it close to the border called Igolo your nigerian agent will now take it from there to nigeria.[/b]I can link you up with the person that helped me to buy mine.
Find attached picture of the one i bought.

@ switchmax8,
From igolo, what other fee will one pay to bring in a car cleared from Cotonuo?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2010
It's in Ibadan. I'll sed d pix by Monday or Tuesday. Also post on NL by Tuesday
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by obbuuz: 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
who says u cant get a golf three cheaper contact me on +447766221010 if u need further details

Golf 3-----N450,000k direct from europe to lagos
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2010
i dont know how much to bring car from igolo to lagos all i know if that they will pay the agent to bring it to igolo then they take it from there to lagos.No agent will tell you the exact price
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
Obuuz,
why dont you ship it to nigeria then post the pics for sale or do you want someone to send you money before shipping to nigeria
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by obbuuz: 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2010
@switchmax8of course i can ship to nigeria if i have a serious buyer once it gets to the port the buyer takes over from there to clear and collect and pay me as well. I also do fast moving technology goods too like fone jammers, counterfeit detectors, auto billing machines etc
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by switchmax8: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
OBUUZ,
that is another wrong statement you said with 450,000N you can ship a golf 3 to nigeria from europe you did not stated it in your post that the buyer will clear it you should make it clear because someone out there will start thinking he can get a golf 3 automatic for 450,000k or less than.I have a friend that into auto sales that asked me to give him 400k that he will get me good golf 3 auto but i decline because the cost of clearing from apapa is much compare to how i will get it from cotonou in good condition.
Cars in apapa or tincan dont always have full parts it is either they are stolen from the ship or in the park which is difficult in cotonou.You can just says you can ship car without shipping then have it posted here whomever is interested will contact and for sure you will have buyer as long as it is good golf 3.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by obbuuz: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2010
@switchmax8 yes you are rite i should have stated that clearly my bad! thanks for the correction all nairalanders pls note ditto
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Rastamann: 4:07am On Apr 16, 2010
Where you wan use the car? I dey ask because no car dey reliable for Nigeria roads o.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by justdream(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ Obuuz @ switchmax, bros dem i hail ooo. Abeg me want know is obuuz fit ship me Rover sport and hw much e fit be for cotonou?
aspa d golf 3, Obuuz, d car wey u want ship be like the one wey switchmax described he bought?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Aare1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ Kunle A, i'm enquiring on behalf of a friend, how much will it cost to bring in a 1999 golf exactly as you have it in the picture below but not colour white ooo. it must have auto gear, factory a/c, sha it must be the fullest of options or the gti version also 1999. Also would ROROing the car reduce the cost. thanks

Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by saliumomoh(m): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2010
Can someone tell me if it is advisable to buy cars from niger republic, someone told me cars are less expensive there and you don't have to pay at the border before bring the car into nigeria. And also, how much would it cost to bring a golf 2 into nigeria from cotonu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NADDC Director-General, Jelani Aliyu Visits Innoson In Nnewi / Cars Names And Their Meaning / Total Quartz 9000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.