Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction (728 Views)

Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi / Senate Summons Military Chiefs Over Seized $ 9.3m Cash  / Owners Of Nigerian Private Jet Seized In S A With $9.3m Cash Release Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by phemmyjohnson: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nigerian Government has defended the
controversial $9.3million seized from a private jet
by South African immigration on September 5th.
In a diplomatic discussion it opened with the
South African government yesterday September
16th, FG said they are aware of the deal (money
was meant to procure arms) and have presented
documents on the transaction process to the
South African govt as proof that the entire
operation involving the seized aircraft belonging
to CAN president, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, was
genuine. Continue…
A source who spoke with Vanguard confirmed the
on-going discussion between the two
governments and said the seized aircraft has
been released by the South African government.
The source added that the money was seized
following failure by Nigerian delegates to declare
the money at South African airport
“Nigeria and South Africa are getting closer to
diplomatic resolution of the row over the $
9.3m transaction. The two nations have
opened discussions. The Federal Government
has submitted relevant data and documents
on the transaction to South Africa and insisted
that the transaction was legitimate. It also
clarified that the funds were neither laundered
nor smuggled for any covert manoeuvres. No
launderer will be audacious to fly into a
country in a chartered jet with such huge cash.
The technical details on security matters,
which necessitated the deal had been availed
South Africa for screening. Based on initial
scrutiny of the documents, the Challenger Jet
has been released pending conclusion of a full-
scale investigation by South Africa. There was
procedural error at the airport, the team did
not declare the $9.3million contrary to the
aviation and Customs laws of South Africa. So,
there was an oversight on the part of the
delegation that went to complete the
transaction. Nigeria is trying to complete the
formality and we are confident that the cash
will be released for the purpose it was meant
for. Movement of cash for strategic purchase
of security equipment by intelligence services
is not new; it is a global trend. The FBI, KGB,
MOSSAD and others do it.” the source said

http://www.informationng.com/2014/09/fg-defends-9-3m-cash-seized-in-sa-releases-data-on-transaction.html
Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by Asabaman(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
incase..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by kokoA(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
But why cash? CBN is forcing us to go cashless in all our transactions while our government still carry cash around like my late grandmother.. I taya o.

2 Likes

Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Make I watch ball first.
Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by charly4tex(m): 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
I trust my 9ja govt, they always have something to say in such case.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
I dont care if GEJ goes to SA himself and carry the weapons on his head, but what i dont understand is a Pastor, Orits, helping a secular political party and a secular government buy weapons that will be used to kill human beings. Why Pastor? For real, what will Jesus say in your face? All Christians must stay away from oritsejafor and condemn him in strictly. This is never right! i.e if you understand CHRISTIANITY and see it as above every thing in the world including the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Aircraft: FG Defends $9.3m Cash Seized In SA, Releases Data On Transaction by winar(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Confusion In Yola Over Soldiers Indescriminate Shootings. / Ajimobi On His Way Out Ofgovernment —senatorlanlehin / Shekau Is Well,alive; By Boko Haram Negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.