Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (83125 Views)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Vantee,how is sch?
Hope thou hasn't forgotten us here.Hwaiting!!

School is school, hectic as ever. All in all, we thank God.
Oh no, I haven't. Next update coming soon.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Aydesmond(m): 12:31am On Jan 22, 2015
vantee20 , just for you to know we got ur back
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Tovot: 9:22am On Jan 22, 2015
Hey Tum tum , been looking for you. You are welcome.
VanTee20:

Thanks ma'am. I'm glad you like it.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2015
vantee watssup na.hw hv u been? nd hope all is well? No updates? I hope dere is no problem.Tell us so we can know hw to help if dere is any we can we.we missed u
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kizzykeziah: 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
VanTee20:

School is school, hectic as ever. All in all, we thank God.
Oh no, I haven't. Next update coming soon.
Focus on sch well o.We'd be more than ready to wait.
See what happens to Cassville in the hands of Millicent grin
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Therock5555(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Bros Vantee we are loyal
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 11:31am On Jan 25, 2015
Therock5555:
Bros Vantee we are loyal

and expectant......
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by mariemummy(f): 1:49am On Jan 27, 2015
Hi Vantee, have really missed your update. Hope you are good. Remain blessed.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Fatalveli(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2015
[b]Good Morning Nairalanders, I've got a real discussion with you guys and I want your cooperation, you all know that many writers in this literature section are really vexed with us right now simply because we are selfish. Plagiarism rate on NL is becoming alarming and we can't do nothing about it, writers are sacrificing there work being plagiarised and their precious time to satisfy us and we are not paying them for it, but princesa has taking that upon herself and all we just have to do is Vote. Let's show this people love, maybe writers like myself and Tiffany would give it a second thought about not posting our work in here anymore. I know we can all do it, we are not selfish and we will show this writers that we love them more than they can ever imagine. If you haven't go voted for the best writer of the month and the best newcomer in the awards thread. Just go over there and type, I vote tiffany- best writer and I vote Kinwayne for the best newcomer, these are the writers of my choice and you are all free to vote for the writer of your choice.
Note: We cannot reward this people for the entertainment their giving us but we can very much award them and that what we are gonna do. Thanks ya'll in anticipation, your vote countsgrin [/b] www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by stuff46(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dyoungstar:
It's my honour to reckon with every writer and reader here

What has been happening to the writers in this forum is no longer acceptable in this age and time.

One does not wash his hands clean only to crack nuts for the chicken.

A dog cannot after eating shit and the sheep's teeth get stained.

He that goes about setting the world ablaze, will always come for more matches.

It is so sad that Seun and his league of extra ordinary MODs whom 90% of them are sadist especially to literature section and writers does not have any reasonable solution to proffer to our plight in the group. This kept me wondering if Seun actually created this site himself or he hired someone who does not know the nitty gritty of programming to design this site, much to my chagrin this site was design using joomla or a template design that cannot allow for further modification, hence Seun should have known that he can create a code in the literature section that'll disable copying of text in the group.

To make matters worse, Seun came up with a disclaimer that our posts are solely our responsibility to carter for. Whoever gave him that advise is wicked Because that statement has placed him in the shoes of sadist also.

I know that after reading this post either Seun or his worshippers called MODs will trash it and ban me for 1 year, this is not the first time of them doing it, so am prepared for the worst, all the same, our voices must be heard.

My fellow literature lovers, I implore you all to stop writing on NL for now until the management has digged out a lasting solution, then if you have a story running on NL be it literature, sexuality, diaries or any section; Because our adversary the plagiarist are looming around looking for stories to steal, and they are not willing to stop anytime soon.

So many people's works have been stolen by literature thieves from different countries.

I remember a Ghanaian stealing AudreyTims Unfulfilled Promises etc.

Therefore I suggest that everyone pauses his/her stories until there are tangible reasons to continue, moreover, we are not paid like the MODs to write, yet we are the ones suffering.

In a nut shell, let's abandon all stories till further notice even if it takes 2 years; meanwhile as a writer be writing and storing them in your books or system, you can even make money by publishing them into an ebook (contact me if you need assistance on the ebook thing, I'll definitely help). Lastly, pull down half of your story from NL and let's see how they'll steal them.

Thanks for your candid response.

Signed:
#LET'S FIGHT PLAGIARISM GROUP ON WHATSAPP

#SayNoToPlagiarism.

MODs am waiting for your ban.

Note: Seun and his MODs can't do anything more than what they are doing but they can help disable copy and paste and stop banning people for saying their minds.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 10:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Vantee, how are u doing? Hope all is well?
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:
Vantee, how are u doing? Hope all is well?

I'm doing fine and all is well. I'll continue this story very soon. Thanks ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2015
VanTee20:

I'm doing fine and all is well. I'll continue this story very soon. Thanks ma'am.

Thank God all is well.. We're still patiently waiting...
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kizzykeziah: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hope you will continue soon here too o.

Still waiting PATIENTLY
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Okay, Today is my birthday. I basically cooked up this update as my little way of appreciating every follower of this story. You guys have really been awesome to me. Thank you smiley. I should have posted this since morning but my battery was dead throughout the day. . .

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Dedicated especially to Kitnah (my birthdaymate), Kizzykeziah (fellow April kid and student) and Oluwafunmilayo95 (my most persistent fan)

Marcus Elymus struggled to keep his small blue eyes open as he rode Tramps, his liege lord's war trained gelding across the expansive plains of Marrekh. He had neither slept a wink nor left the saddle since he rode out of his hideout at the Malzene's place two days ago. Now, it was obvious with the way his eyelids kept flicking off and on that he could not cheat on his nature. He had to take a break if he did not want to completely break down.

"A few more leagues," He muttered to himself. "A few more leagues and I'll stop."

Dusk was fast approaching. Marcus sleepily scratched the length of stubby hair that now covered his chin and most parts of his cheeks. He leaned back against the bags of supplies loaded on the horse, letting his thoughts roam as his horse galloped slowly towards the Northworth mountain. If he had to be honest, he had very little knowledge of what he was really doing. Malzene had instructed him to embark on a quick journey to Carzef to retrieve the sword of the gods from the underground monastries in the Sersvian Temple and that was about all he knew about his current mission. He had tried to find out why the sword was needed and how difficult getting it will be, but Malzene had staunchily refused to reveal anything of substance, save the fact that acquiring the sword was the beginning of their victories over their enemies as well as Marcus' first step towards greatness.

Marcus wanted to tell the other man that he did not crave greatness in the way he kept portraying it. All he wanted was to be another knight of the realm who will fight battles and wars alongside the legendary knights Sir Millicent, Sir Tremor, Sir Sylvain, the Prince and the others. A knight who will defend the unity of Casville and Nersea to the point of death. A knight who will win tournaments after tournaments in honour of the lady of his choice. But he couldn't bring himself to say these things to Malzene. Perhaps, because he felt that the sorcerer expects far greater things from him than what he had in mind.

Marcus turned his mind away from Malzene and his mission, and let it zoom in on Helena, that pretty damsel whose looks had smitten him like a kitten back there at Darlen's castle in Austieres. Malzene had said they would be re-united soon. How, where and when Marcus did not know, neither did he care. All he knew now was that he terribly itched to see Helena again, to watch her elegant lips curl into that sweet smile that always melted his heart, to hear her soft, angelic voice call his name in the manner of the gentle rustling wind, to hold her. . .

"All to aaarms! Enemies within!"

It was a war-cry. A very loud war-cry. That cry jolted Marcus back to full consciousness of his surroundings. He quickly pulled Tramps to a stop in a bid to correctly ascertain where exactly the rumpus was going on.

The sounds of clashing swords and screaming men led him to discover that there was a battle of some sorts taking place at the base of Mount Northworth. It sounded like a team of patrols or a unit of the army was being attacked by a troop of rebels or could it be that a band of savages had managed to infiltrate this part of Casville?

At that moment, Marcus experienced a sudden, inexplicable surge of energy. He could very much feel that raw energy coursing through his body system, making him three times as powerful as he had any right to be. A strange, unshakeable desire to dismount his horse and join whatever battle was going on followed closely. Remembering the wise words of Malzene, Marcus resisted the temptations to fight these strange feelings. Not that he would have suceeded if he had tried anyway.

Marcus quickly leapt off his horse and proceeded to tie it to a cedar tree nearby. He unsheathed his sword and promptly headed for the battlefield. It was time to show some people what a possessed warrior could do.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2015

The night was a mighty cold one for Lady Suzannah. Sir Millicent was not around to warm her bed as usual. He was over at Lord Bradeigh's place, alongside Finn, to draw the final plans and tactics ahead of tomorrow's showdown. She had declined to join them because she felt that she had very little to contribute to their discussions. She had even handed over the control of her phantoms to Sir Millicent. Sorcery was her thing, not warfare.

Lady Suzannah busied herself in the magnificent kitchen of the manor, preparing for herself a grand dinner as well as fending off the chilly winter cold of the evening with the heat that was emanating from her fireplace. She chuckled drily to herself as she remembered that the last time she had actively been in the kitchen was well over twenty years ago. From the day she had married Lord Alton, her cooking days had been firmly over. She had had more than enough maids to take care of that.

Tonight was different though, all her maids had returned to their respective families ahead of tomorrow's St. Ballen's festival. And Raina, her right hand maid, who never left her at all times came down with a high fever just this afternoon, leaving the Lady with no choice than to attempt a culinary adventure on her own.

Lady Suzannah walked gracefully to her hung cupboard to retrieve a dish to serve her almost done meal. For reasons she could not quite comprehend, that singular action brought back the long forgotten, dark memories of her childhoood.

She had been orphaned at the tender age of six and she had been taken up by her maternal aunt Dremilia. Things started rosy, but before long, little Suzannah began to suffer a series of physical and emotional abuse in the hands of the members of her guardian's family.

Things got to the head one day when no one else was around, Uncle Tadech, her aunt's husband, had beaten her up quite badly for not answering his call early enough and he had shamelessly had carnal knowledge of her as she laid on the cold, bare floor, bleeding and weeping profusely.

"No!" Lady Suzannah screamed with her eyes clenched shut in an unsuccessful attempt to blank out the intruding images of the ugly scene in her head. Her balled up fist reflexively banged on the kitchen table, sending a few utensils clanging and rattling.

"So the great Lady Sue loses control too?" A voice came from behind her.

Lady Suzannah almost jumped out of her skin with fear. You couldn't blame her much, she certainly wasn't expecting anybody to show up in her kitchen without her prior knowledge.

When she turned to see who had spoken, her demeanour changed from that of surprise to that of being especially furious. "What the dueces are you doing here, Malzene D'Aubriere?"

Malzene smiled his trademark mischevious smile. "Come Sue, aren't you happy to see me? It's been long since we had a conversation of any sort."

"What are you doing here? Isn't that a simple enough question?"

"Hey, be nice. You are a christian, aren't you? What does your holy book say about being nice to other people?"

Lady Suzannah rolled her eyes. "What do you know about the bible? You pagan."

"Yes. I'm a pagan agreed, the gospel did not sound much convincing when it was being preached to me. But I'm better than you, a hypocrite who professes christ in the open and practise sorcery in the dark," Malzene retorted.

"Enough of the balderash, Leave my house now D'Aubriere!"

"Calm down milady," the sorcerer appealed. "I did not risk my neck to come here to trade hot words with you, I came to deliver a message of the highest importance."

Lady Suzannah folded her arms across her high rise chest. "What makes you think I want to listen to whatever it is you have to say?"

"I don't know, perhaps because it is for your own good," Malzene replied with a shrug.

"Well, what is it then?"

Malzene cleared his throat. "I have been sent by the gods to ask you to desist from your plots to usurp the throne. The gods says it's a quest in futility, something that will never ever succeed."

"Are your gods scared? Let them try and stop me if they can," Lady Suzannah said nonchalantly.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
Malzene shook his head in an obvious gesture of pity. "Don't say I didn't warn you when the whole thing backfires and . . ."

"Thank you," Lady Suzannah interjected hotly. "And now that you have delivered your rotten message from your equally rotten gods, will you please leave my house?"

"What if I choose not to?"

"I'll make you."

Malzene laughed. A mirthless laugh. "Ha. Let's see you try."

Lady Suzannah was angered beyond control. She did not bother considering the consequences of her actions before she screamed a one line spell and pointed her left hand at her archenemy. A huge ball of fire, the size of a modern day soccer ball, left her open hand and flew in the direction of Malzene with the speed of light.

Malzene did not need to be told that if that fireball hit him anywhere, he would be as dead as they come in a matter of seconds. He trained his expert eyes on the approaching ball, in a bid to determine the landing point and time. Malzene dived away from the spot where the missile of death was poised to land in the very last second so that the ball missed its target and crashed into a sink closeby, setting it on fire.

"Seriously Lady Sue. Is that the best you can do?" Malzene resumed his taunt almost immediately. That near death experience had obviously not taught him to curb the causticity of his tongue.

"I will show you the best I can do now!" The infuriated Lady yelled.

"Casa rasetta fyreeee!"

This time, seven fireballs, each of them seven times bigger than the fireball Malzene managed to evade the other time, flew one at a time out of Lady Suzannah's mouth as soon as she cast that spell.

Malzene blinked rapidly as the deadly looking balls of fire flew towards him with utmost precision. It doesn't look like there is an escape for this one. Does it?

To be continued. . .
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by donPhill(m): 12:20am On Apr 05, 2015
has..thank God u resumed this thread.....was already giving up....nice update boss
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 5:16am On Apr 05, 2015
Thanks Vantee....
A very Wonderful one...

Can't wait to see what happens next...Malzene feeling like James Bond...SMH..

HAPPY EASTER VANTEE...and all followers of PERFIDY...
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by missuniverse(f): 11:56am On Apr 05, 2015
thanks for the update VanTee20
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kizzykeziah: 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
How many months has it been and you didn't lose touch? You're one fireball, I tell you wink

Thanks for the update and thanks for the mention too. It feels really great to be your student smiley

And hope your birthday was fun?
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Dsparker(f): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
Finally u re bck. welcome
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
WELCOME BACK BOSS!....thanks so much for d update......

and.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREARS
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
donPhill:
has..thank God u resumed this thread.....was already giving up....nice update boss

Err the story is not back yet. But in a few weeks time, the story will be back up and running. . . Thanks sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:
Thanks Vantee....
A very Wonderful one...

Can't wait to see what happens next...Malzene feeling like James Bond...SMH..

HAPPY EASTER VANTEE...and all followers of PERFIDY...

Thanks ma'am. Don't mind Malzene, he is playing with fire.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
missuniverse:
thanks for the update VanTee20

You are welcome ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
kizzykeziah:
How many months has it been and you didn't lose touch? You're one fireball, I tell you wink

Thanks for the update and thanks for the mention too. It feels really great to be your student smiley

And hope your birthday was fun?

Lol, thanks.

You are most welcome. It feels greater being your mentor smiley.

Honestly, it wasn't. . . sad.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dsparker:
Finally u re bck. welcome

Thanks ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Easy4reel:
WELCOME BACK BOSS!....thanks so much for d update......

and.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREARS

Thanks a lot sir. . .
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kizzykeziah: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
VanTee20:

Lol, thanks.

You are most welcome. It feels greater being your mentor smiley.

Honestly, it wasn't. . . sad.
Aww.... Didn't the cake arrive or was the wine delivered late? Or your brother also turned it into 'birthnight' cheesy ??
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by stuff46(m): 6:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Vantee baba. Nice updates up there. Its been long but the story worths the wait.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Aww.... Didn't the cake arrive or was the wine delivered late? Or your brother also turned it into 'birthnight' cheesy ??

Lol. All of the above and more happened. That day was just a forgetable one.

When is yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler / How 2go Relationship Landed Me In Psychiatric Home ( Short Story) - Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.