Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,716 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (84623 Views)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by 9jaflave: 12:33am On Sep 24, 2013
Not many people know that Chimamanda Adichie (Award winning Nigerian writer) is married. Well, she is happily married to Ivara Esege, a medical doctor. She describes him as Nigerian, American and British.

Chimamanda herself was in medical school (University of Nigeria) for a year and a half before moving to the US at the age of 19. (The above picture was taken at the Farafina Literary Evening in Lagos).

http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/chimamanda-adichie-and-husband-ivara-esege.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by fr3do(m): 3:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Ok...

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Danhumprey: 4:52am On Sep 24, 2013
An half-cast,no doubt! But they look cute together. wink

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by oubi: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by mysticgal(f): 5:20am On Sep 24, 2013
e don nearly resemble anyere sorry oh shocked

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 24, 2013
Danhumprey: An half-cast,no doubt! But they look cute together. wink

Half-caste is politically incorrect and kinda insulting. Said it once to a Brit with a half_Nigerian son n she almost ate off my head. Since then, I've learnt to call it. 'Bi-racial'

34 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by philfearon(m): 5:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmmm..na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nomski0(f): 6:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Doctor + doctor= hmmm.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by demelza: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2013
I like the contrast, fair and dark.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Chinwem(f): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2013
Awwww....so cute together

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by homesteady(m): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2013
Her hair! cheesy beautiful!

25 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by BigRuckus: 7:30am On Sep 24, 2013
grin I think Chimamanda Adichie is the best thing to happen to Nigerian literature since Chinua Achebe! Really cool pic, they look good together #OppositesAttract

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Popowaa: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2013
The man looks like an albino

13 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by BigRuckus: 7:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Danhumprey: An half-cast,no doubt! But they look cute together. wink
'Mulatto' is a more appropriate term, or biracial like tchidi pointed out... 'Half caste' is considered derogatory.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by angelTI(f): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2013
I initially thought it was sexkillz

Never knew she was married.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by agabaI23(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2013
homesteady: Her hair! cheesy beautiful!
I love that hair.
She is beautiful.

11 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2013
Cute couple..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Brimmie(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2013
[size=16]PestKillz Runaway Dad!![/size] grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by AbuMikey(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2013
Super Combo cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by LesbianBoy(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Why is the FOOLISH GIRL not answering her husband's name Anyways, its the mumu albino husband that allowed her. She knows no Nigerian Man will put up with that nonsense thats why she went to marry an albino! angry

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by adewasco2k(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2013
I love Chimamanda

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
That young man go dey wash pata, cook food, do dishes and baby-sit grin grin.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Goodluck (and Patience) to the bookish-looking man that marrried a self-confessed feminist. He'll need loads.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by dasparrow: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
tchidi:

Half-caste is politically incorrect and kinda insultive. Said it once to a Brit with a half_Nigerian son n she almost ate off my head. Since then, I've learnt to call it. 'Bi-racial'

Most Nigerians are not aware of this. After all, the word 'half caste' was imported into Nigeria with the English language by none other than the Brits themselves. If that was me that the Brit woman had tried to run her mouth at, I would have given her a piece of my mind. Did Nigerians or indeed black people sit down one fine morning and start making up racial slurs? nope they did not. It was Caucasians/white people who sadly did. Nigerians are generally not into racial slurs - many 'worship' people with pale skin - because Nigeria is an all-black nation and we are too busy trying to cope/solve our myriads of problems than sitting there and intentionally and spitefully calling biracial folks derogatory terms. The British woman should go and talk to her racist British people who cloned the word 'half caste' and imported it into Nigeria!

pro01: Goodluck (and Patience) to the bookish-looking man that married a self-confessed feminist. He'll need loads.

The husband ain't complaining so why are you trying to take panadol for another man's headache? You think it is every man out there that subscribes to the idea of treating women like slaves or glorified housemates? Just because it is done that way in 3rd world Africa does not mean people in advanced nations prescribe to that crap.

Nomski0: Doctor + doctor= hmmm.

Yes! Likes attract. Two intelligent people coming together to build a life together. She is smart to have married someone who is bred overseas and hence would appreciate her as a lady.

@Post

Cute couple. They look really good together. May God continue to bless their marriage.

36 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by princemmab(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
What's that she did with her hair?.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
LesbianBoy: Why is the FOOLISH GIRL not answering her husband's name Anyways, its the mumu albino husband that allowed her. She knows no Nigerian Man will put up with that nonsense thats why she went to marry an albino! angry

This one don dey beef Chimamanda tey tey. tongue

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by tammmy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
nice one
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by lurvy: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
undecided[size=18pt]Okay... I've seen them...So what next? [/size]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by tammmy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
lol why the beef na
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by pharmow: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
What a beautiful couple they are
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2013

Dayum he's hot! But not as hot as my sweet Masonkz. Tenk! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Client From Hell / <<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / YORUBA DEMONS (the Scourge Of Ladies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.