Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Open Letter To M.I Abaga - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To M.I Abaga (28466 Views)

VIDEO: M.I Abaga – 'Phase 2' Ft. Moti Cakes / Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / Download Mp3: M.I Abaga – King James (official Track) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
ejiro2130: Op so u want MI to drop an album because wizkid and p square drop theirs
Comparing the amount of effort MI puts in his songs to those of p square and wizkid is like comparing the performance of an iPhone fone to that of Huawei fones
Bro no offence buh I don't agree wit u. Compare M.I wit P square is like comparing diego coasta and peter cech. Dey r both footballers buh coasta is paid to score goals while cech is paid to stop goals. M.I remains my number 1 raper in naija buh P square r more of entertainers and dey r d best in dat aspect. U don't expect M.I to start dancing like P square n u don't expect P square to start rapping like M.I. So IMO I tink both r d best in wat dey do.
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Barayeks(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chukkasy: mi is good, but one rapper that has done it this year is PHYNO......

what exactly has phyno done this year?.... yes he has a couple catchy tunes.... but 3/4 of the listeners don't understand what he's saying ..... even a lot if Igbos can't translate his lyrics well enough ...saying they are deep proverbs

so if we can't tell the wordplay...methapors and punchlines....it won't be right to compare him with other lyricists
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
ejiro2130: Op so u want MI to drop an album because wizkid and p square drop theirs
Comparing the amount of effort MI puts in his songs to those of p square and wizkid is like comparing the performance of an iPhone fone to that of Huawei fones
Bro no offence buh I don't agree wit u. Comparing M.I wit P square is like comparing diego coasta and peter cech. Dey r both footballers buh coasta is paid to score goals while cech is paid to stop goals. M.I remains my number 1 raper in naija buh P square r more of entertainers and dey r d best in dat aspect. U don't expect M.I to start dancing like P square n u don't expect P square to start rapping like M.I. So IMO I tink both r d best in wat dey do.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
Barayeks:

what exactly has phyno done this year?.... yes he has a couple catchy tunes.... but 3/4 of the listeners don't understand what he's saying ..... even a lot if Igbos can't translate his lyrics well enough ...saying they are deep proverbs

so if we can't tell the wordplay...methapors and punchlines....it won't be right to compare him with other lyricists
Bro speak 4 urself, who told people don't understand wat he is saying? If we go by ur analogy, how many people understands wat olamide, terry G n timaya says?
D plain truth is dat phyno is d best rapper in 2014 simple. Alobam!
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie: This M.I...M.I, I don't even like him sef, na Ice Prince even tire me pass
I kinda like Vector...though, Sarkodie is not of our Land, that guy gives me goose bumps #muchLove#
Sarkodie is d best rapper in africa, I can listen to dat guys song all day even if I don't understand 80% of his lyrics. As 4 me, dis 2014 its:
1. Sarkodie ( u know say money no b problem)
2. Phyno (Alobam!)
3. Olamide
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by ayzero6487(m): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2014
chucky234: Mode9 aint about the dough but the real thing, he still keep it real without being sway by the money unlike M. I who cant leave his comfort zone.
Commercial rap kills the game bro

Commercial Rap?....am sure u v heard of illegal music....u wanna call dat commercial rap?....nah....dude iz wise...he'z versatile....he does evryfin....
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 12:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Orikinla: All of them are over rated and more of hype and nothing else.

M.I cannot win rap contests among high school students in the U.S.
His rhymes are also not better than those of kids in junior high school.
But in Nigeria he is king?
Because, majority of Nigerian youths are intellectually retard-ed.

Like the silly rhymes of the one rapping "9ice like Condoleezza Rice" out of context and just idiotic.
Bros wetin concern U.S concern dis one now? How many americans fit crazy pass terry G?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by ayzero6487(m): 12:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:
Sarkodie is d best rapper in africa, I can listen to dat guys song all day even if I don't understand 80% of his lyrics. As 4 me, dis 2014 its:
1. Sarkodie ( u know say money no b problem)
2. Phyno (Alobam!)
3. Olamide

U dnt understand him/his lyrics.....and he'z ur best rapper....na wa o!
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 12:10am On Sep 23, 2014
ayzero6487:

U dnt understand him/his lyrics.....and he'z ur best rapper....na wa o!
Well am not ghanian so its natural dat I don't understand most of d part he uses ghana language. Buh d english part I understand fully. However dat is d beauty of music, its universal. I don't hav to understand all his lyrics to like his music. Besides a gud music is made up many components not only lyrics. Besides I hav asked a ghanian friend to translate one of his song 4 me n after he did, it made sense. So dats y he is my number 1.
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Barayeks(m): 12:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bro speak 4 urself, who told people don't understand wat he is saying? If we go by ur analogy, how many people understands wat olamide, terry G n timaya says?

We are talking about rappers whose music have reasonable intellectual content and you are naming TerryG and Timaya.... do they rap?
Terry and Timaya have punchlines, methapors and wordplay?

Since you understand what phyno is saying please translate one or two verses in English so we can see how much sense he is making in the lyrics.
phyno has catchy tunes yes!...but he's name shouldnt even be mentioned when talking bout lyricists
ModeNine!....pheroshuz!..M.I!
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Chukkasy(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:
thank you bros, abeg help me tell am........abeg collect

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 12:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Barayeks:

We are talking about rappers whose music have reasonable intellectual content and you are naming TerryG and Timaya.... do they rap?
Terry and Timaya have punchlines, methapors and wordplay?

Since you understand what phyno is saying please translate one or two verses in English so we can see how much sense he is making in the lyrics.
phyno has catchy tunes yes!...but he's name shouldnt even be mentioned when talking bout lyricists
ModeNine!....pheroshuz!..M.I!
Which one do u want me to translate 4 u? If u say terry G n timaya r not rappers, I agree wit u on dat buh how about olamide? How many non yoruba people understand wat he says? Also let me remind u sometin, I get am b4 no b property. ModeNine is a gud rapper, buh as of 2day(2014) he is no where near phyno and olamide.
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by ayzero6487(m): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:
Well am not ghanian so its natural dat I don't understand most of d part he uses ghana language. Buh d english part I understand fully. However dat is d beauty of music, its universal. I don't hav to understand all his lyrics to like his music. Besides a gud music is made up many components not only lyrics. Besides I hav asked a ghanian friend to translate one of his song 4 me n after he did, it made sense. So dats y he is my number 1.

..Rap is different bro...u dnt understand what he's sayn,hz punchlines,hz wordplay etc...nd u call him ur best rapper...u can as well choose Awilo logomba as ur 2nd best na....
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Chukkasy(m): 12:39am On Sep 23, 2014
ayzero6487: ..

..Rap is different bro...u dnt understand what he's sayn,hz punchlines,hz wordplay etc...nd u call him ur best rapper...u can as well choose Awilo logomba as ur 2nd best na....
so are you saying rap is done with only english?
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by ayzero6487(m): 12:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:
Which one do u want me to translate 4 u? If u say terry G n timaya r not rappers, I agree wit u on dat buh how about olamide? How many non yoruba people understand wat he says? Also let me remind u sometin, I get am b4 no b property. ModeNine is a gud rapper, buh as of 2day(2014) he is no where near phyno and olamide.

Una c wetin una cause....Olamide/Phyno better dan Mode 9?....no wahala na....make I go sleep b4 I curse persin papa
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Barayeks(m): 12:48am On Sep 23, 2014
Abraham2013:

I intentionally avoided saying anything about Olamide cos its a touchy subject... if I talk now you and your fellow Olamide fans will nearly crucify me....
Dagrin was a lyricist...Olamide is not!

"Olamide is here, just like the first day of the year "

Till 2morow im still trying to make sense out of that line.....but its not working, and his verses are filled with such
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by ayzero6487(m): 12:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Chukkasy: so are you saying rap is done with only english?

No Sir....am sayn dat u av 2 understand wat a rapper is sayn b4 u call him ur best....

Lemme break it down...If u are asked to list ur top 5 Sarkodie punchlines....u dnt wanna say 'manamana waka bushe'.... D next question wud b...'dat means wat?....am sure u'l b smilin wif embarrassment written on ur forehead...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Chukkasy(m): 1:33am On Sep 23, 2014
ayzero6487:

Una c wetin una cause....Olamide/Phyno better dan Mode 9?....no wahala na....make I go sleep b4 I curse persin papa
didn't say so, just saying for me, the rap artist that killed it in 2014
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by IAMBREEZY: 7:15am On Sep 23, 2014
Andyblaze:

lol do all jor...both ur guy own
No qualms hommie! cool
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by moriton(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2014
Listen op rap ain't like pop...here is an example how long dud it take eminem to release his current MM LP2 since 2010? Do the maths
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2014
Wizkid and p square can complete their album 4 just one week considering the kind of low graded and debased lyrical music they do. So don't ever compare a rapper to an RnB singer...
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by golddeejay(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2014
ayzero6487: ..

funny...hw can u analyze a rap or a rapper if dont undastand his lyrics...rap is more abt lyrics. Rap is a deeper music, a gud rap song shd make u think deep (search for meaning) wit almost every line.
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Andyblaze: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2014
MizMyColi: Waow, there's a female version of Andyblaze? cheesy cheesy cheesy
share d jam na cheesy
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Odunhana: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2014
gabby898: Wizkid and p square can complete their album 4 just one week considering the kind of low graded and debased lyrical music they do. So don't ever compare a rapper to an RnB singer...
I've got your back dude! M is actually taking his time. Dude gon come back with a dope album.

People say M.I name the best 3, I say let's see. ME! ME! ME!
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Gynacologist(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2014
tolutweety:

I never compared both.I said only jargo gives me more.

I am a fan of m.i tho' but I have to admit Jesse is on another level.he 's the d.opest.

a million lykes..
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Pdizzle(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Gynacologist: dnt nd i repeat dnt eva compare jargo to wack mi.......he is way outta his leaque..
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Revolva(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
@OP u r not cerious..u think its easy to release album....or if u wan know as e be enter studio and go record a track...n see how e be....una dey here dey write letter to someone wey una no dey feed or help pay studio money..nonsense comparing wizkid psquare timaya album issh to MI who is a rapper...u tink say e easy to do a rap song...stewpid inconsiderate bargers on NL
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Well said bro. Wizkid, PSquare et al are all about gud beats (no disrespect, I like dem) but M.I is a rapper and plays a big part in his album production too. The effort he takes in making a single "King James" is more than d effort it takes 2 release a whole Psquare album.
Its not all about "baby shake body I get money" or "iyee iyee iyeeeeeeeeeeeeee" accompanied to a cocky/kpangolo beat.
M.I has 2 sync gud hiphop/afro-hiphop beats, multi-syllabic rhymes, wordplay, puns, metaphor, flawless delivery etc, all in one piece. Rappers dey try sha.
D chairman should be given a break. D album don ready since, na just 2 officially release am be d tin. I guess he's bidding his time

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Abraham2013(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayzero6487:

Bros na sleep na em sure pass 4 u cos dere r indicators 4 wat I said. D question is :
1. How many copies of ModeNine album were sold since he released it?
2. How many shows hav u gone to dat has ModeNine as a performing artist and compare it wit dat of phyno n olamide?
3. How many billboards hav u seen ModeNine pix on it?
4. How many endorsement deal does ModeNine has dis year?
I don't hav anytin against ModeNine, he is still one of d greatest naija rapper, buh wit d year 2014 in view, he is no were near dis guyz.
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
chucky234: I can list at least three rappers who are better than M.I and Mode9 is the undisputed king of rap, that is if you understand what rap music is.
Ogbeni go and sleep. All dez so-called hiphop "heads" and dia useless unwarranted dichotomous comparisons. Na u undastand rap music pass abi?
Re: Open Letter To M.I Abaga by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
chucky234: Guy I'm a hardcore rap fanatic, been a fan since 1988 following the likes of L L Cool J, Naughty by Nature, Salt 'N Pepper, Cris Cross, 2pac and B.I.G.
He mentioned M.I and Psquare in same sentence that is why I asked him who is better, the sing different genre of music.
If you think that M. I is a good rapper then you know nothing about rap, Mode9 and Vector will murder M. I in a rap contest.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-H3_zroTdyj0/TsCCMBMI-xI/AAAAAAAABYE/YknAMlyvKqI/s1600/bitch-please.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Timaya – Kom Kom (ft. Patoranking & King Perryy) / Olamide - Lagos Nawa / Moje Dodo (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.