Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Overheating – All You Need To Know - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating – All You Need To Know (23044 Views)

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / Help! My Car Is Overheating (Nissan Maxima 2000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by BTT(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2014
kayswag100:

This happened to me. An Altima 2006 2.5l

All warning lights on dash board came on and engine temperature rose to heaven

this caused coolant reservoir to start leaking too.

I burnt my while fingers trying to uncap radiator cover.

Thank God I fixed everything with just n1200

Yeah, that's right.

Your coolant reservoir is intact. What happenend to it was that the coolant had to look for a way to escape the built-up pressure as it wasn't being pumped into the engine.

The coolant escapes through the orifice (small hole) built around the reservoir to allow oxygen.
Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by solotutu(m): 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Educatively interesting ive never known d real cause just that d engine is oer heated too much.
can't forget dat old rickety rugged mazda of dad back in d 90's it'd wont stop to just oer heat at d slightest journey!! Ones i smelt boiled water nd when pot is totally dried frm boilin of water i'd alert dad..he'd say we wud get there first dnt worry...b4 u know it we see d smoke! Lmao
Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by 9icetoo(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2014
piagetskinner: nice one @OP. I have two questions that have been bothering me. My 2004 toyota camry always makes squeaky noise when I turn the steering,the car vibrates seriously when I put on the A/C,and when I put it off the vibration reduces by 70%...and just yesterday one of the fans stopped working and the temp rose to half on the temp scale....I drove it around town 4 an hour or so,and when I got home it took more than 2hours before it finally cooled...what solutions can u proffer?thanks
Your cars temp gauge should be at the half way mark maximum ten minutes after you start your car. If it is below that, ur engine is running cold and if it is way above that, then u r slightly in the over heat zone. Half way mark is normal for ur car and any other car i know of. Don't let the mechanics tell you otherwise. The squeaky noise you hear when u turn ur steering is your serpentine belt tensioner not doing its job. It is supposed to adjust to load put on the serpentine belt. It is essentially a shock absorber. Change it. The vibration u hear or feel when u put on your ac is as a result of weak engine mounts. Ask your mechanic to check ur engine mounts and replace the bad ones. However, it would be a good idea to do a tune up which often solves a lot of ur problems with regards to the vibration. Clean ur intake manifold, change ur spark plugs to the original recommended by ur car manufacturer. Use an electrical contact cleaner to clean ur air flow meter. you can also do the italian tune up to clear the carbon from ur pistons. U can google how to do that one. after these, ur vehicle should be back in tip top shape.

1 Like

Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
erico2k2:
More so that might as well have increased the volume of coolant in the Engine of which the original pump and thermostat where not designed to cope with

That has no effect on it actually.

We've tested this before.

In fact on Austin Minis one of the trick is to install an auxiliary radiator in line to help with cooling on hot days. So you basically have two or three radiators.

The thermostat only open and closes base don the temperature that it senses. The water pump, except on electric ones, just pumps water continuously through the engine and heating elements such as the radiator (s) or heater core.

On the Toyota MR2, the same engine i sin the Toyota Camry and they use the same water pumps. The radiator in the Camry is maybe 1 foot from the pump while the setup in the MR2 places the engine in the back and the radiator all the way in the front maybe 10 feet?
Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by Fruitful2: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please I need a professional mechanic on Honda EOD.

My car has never done Overheating before,but suddenly on my way to Ibadan I experience overheating.

I have change the gadget,plugs,oil filter,service but the car refuse to Start.The two separate mechanics are clueless rightnow.

The ignition comes on but car won't start.I need a good specializes mechanic on EOD.

PLEASE LET ME HAVE THEIR CONTACTS.
Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by erico2k2(m): 5:52am On Sep 22, 2014
CityNG:

That has no effect on it actually.

We've tested this before.

In fact on Austin Minis one of the trick is to install an auxiliary radiator in line to help with cooling on hot days. So you basically have two or three radiators.

The thermostat only open and closes base don the temperature that it senses. The water pump, except on electric ones, just pumps water continuously through the engine and heating elements such as the radiator (s) or heater core.

On the Toyota MR2, the same engine i sin the Toyota Camry and they use the same water pumps. The radiator in the Camry is maybe 1 foot from the pump while the setup in the MR2 places the engine in the back and the radiator all the way in the front maybe 10 feet?
Well sounds right,I give you that for what its worth same amount of fluid passes through irrespective of the total volume.
Re: Overheating – All You Need To Know by Fruitful2: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Please does anyone know a good mechanics on EOD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle / 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry / Advice On First Car To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.