Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model (12589 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice / Stolen Car: Grey Toyota Camry 1997 Model @ Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by radeniran(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
Auto Guru in the house i need your help to sort out the overheating problem i have with my car (HONDA ACCORD 97 MODEL L4)i have done a lot of changes to the cooling system of the car (Changing of radiator, changing of hose, adding of coolant flushing of the radiator) all to avail.
I noticed the problem after i did my routine servicing of the car and my auto technician changed the lubricant i do use for the car though the lubricant is from the same manufacturer but of different grade.

Water now leak from the Injector that is what i noticed this morning i cant drive 2km without the thermometer not reaching the climax.

What is the way out of this problem
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by zhukafa(m): 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Open the radiator cover, crank the car and see if the water in the radiator would vomit water out. If it does, then you have to know that the top cylinder gasket is bad
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by youngchopper(m): 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
zhukafa: Open the radiator cover, crank the car and see if the water in the radiator would vomit water out. If it does, then you have to know that the top cylinder gasket is bad
bro funny enough my pathyfinder doesnt vomit wen i open the cap no matter how hot the engine. Doesnt overheat at all. But always short water every 2days. No leak! Wat do u think?
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by zhukafa(m): 5:57am On Jan 14, 2013
youngchopper: bro funny enough my pathyfinder doesnt vomit wen i open the cap no matter how hot the engine. Doesnt overheat at all. But always short water every 2days. No leak! Wat do u think?

There's surely going to be a tiny leak somewhere . You can check it, first , tell your mechanic to loose down the radiator, secondly , take it to where they flush radiators and flush it, then after flushing it, if the have a good water hose with good pressure, then put the water hose at either one of the ends in the radiator, make sure to cover all other outlets and you would surely see a leak.

Thanks
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by youngchopper(m): 6:01am On Jan 14, 2013
zhukafa:

There's surely going to be a tiny leak somewhere . You can check it, first , tell your mechanic to loose down the radiator, secondly , take it to where they flush radiators and flush it, then after flushing it, if the have a good water hose with good pressure, then put the water hose at either one of the ends in the radiator, make sure to cover all other outlets and you would surely see a leak.

Thanks
thanks man
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by zhukafa(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
youngchopper: thanks man

Thanks too. Just try it and get back to the thread for results.
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by Jucol(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
@youngchopper:

I can bet that your Pathfinder has high fuel consumption. The thermostat has been removed and the coolant temp sensor(not your engine temperature) is not working. Bros your engine is cold and gradually getting COLD( ITS DYING). It is clearly written on the radiator cover: "Do not open when hot" do you think Nissan is stupid
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by youngchopper(m): 6:14am On Jan 15, 2013
Jucol: @youngchopper:

I can bet that your Pathfinder has high fuel consumption. The thermostat has been removed and the coolant temp sensor(not your engine temperature) is not working. Bros your engine is cold and gradually getting COLD( ITS DYING). It is clearly written on the radiator cover: "Do not open when hot" do you think Nissan is stupid

the engine gets hot quickly! But for fuel consumption hmm na die! Would sharply check 4 the termostat if its still in place! The water in the reservior always boil. I guess it might be ma fan datz moves imediatly ma engine starts. Though the fan is directly from the engine!
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by radeniran(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
zhukafa: Open the radiator cover, crank the car and see if the water in the radiator would vomit water out. If it does, then you have to know that the top cylinder gasket is bad

@zhukafa Thanks for the contribution. I cranked the engine this morning and it vomit water out. What do you advice do i change the engine or work on the gasket if possible. Please i need your candid opinion because i dont want my technician to rip me off again. Thanks
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by Jucol(m): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
8. radeniran(m): Quote Post

@zhukafa Thanks for the contribution. I cranked the engine this morning and it vomit water out. What do you advice do i change the engine or work on the gasket if possible. Please i need your candid opinion because i dont want my technician to rip me off again. Thanks
Does this really make sense If you have removed the thermostat, you certainly will have an unrestricted circulation of coolant fluid from radiator to engine and back. When the radiator cover is removed, water will certainly gorge out from the radiator as the engine is reved. I don't think this has anything to do with the cylinder gasket being bad.
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by zhukafa(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
radeniran:

That top cylinder gasket is bad, and it needs to be replaced. The gasket is not expensive. Wetin the ranges of 800- 1200 naira. Buy the paper type.
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by andyzoga: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
I drive a 98 Honda Babyboy, the temperature rises immediately in traffic. What I notice is that the water in the radiator reduces while the one in reservoir increases and the fans are blowing normally. What could be wrong,pls?
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by sultaan(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
radeniran: Auto Guru in the house i need your help to sort out the overheating problem i have with my car (HONDA ACCORD 97 MODEL L4)i have done a lot of changes to the cooling system of the car (Changing of radiator, changing of hose, adding of coolant flushing of the radiator) all to avail.
I noticed the problem after i did my routine servicing of the car and my auto technician changed the lubricant i do use for the car though the lubricant is from the same manufacturer but of different grade.

Water now leak from the Injector that is what i noticed this morning i cant drive 2km without the thermometer not reaching the climax.

You didn't state if your fan works or not.

What did your mechanic do at the normal(?) service

When you say it overheats, does the needle get to the red zone?

andyzoga: I drive a 98 Honda Babyboy, the temperature rises immediately in traffic. What I notice is that the water in the radiator reduces while the one in reservoir increases and the fans are blowing normally. What could be wrong,pls?

Rises to where?

red zone or middle point
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by gozyluv202: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Try and flush the radiator it helps atimes
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by andyzoga: 6:58am On Jan 21, 2013
sultaan:

Rises to where?

red zone or middle point
It rises to the red zone. Thanks for ur concern.
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by cardoctor(m): 1:15am On Jan 22, 2013
Seems like you have cylinder gasket failure whereby the head gasket rather than offering its sealing purpose now allow compression gas from the cylinders into the cooling system which in turn over pressurizes the cooling system hindering circulation of coolant and forcing it out via the radiator hence the rapid rise in temperature. Firstly, check lower coolant pipes for cooler temperatures compared to the upper hotter ones as this will be an indication that thermostat not opening and coolant is not circulating . Secondly, check radiator cover for sealing efficiency. Thirdly, check for any milky/ creamy oil in the engine oil filler cover or dipstick.
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by radeniran(m): 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
sultaan:

Rises to where?

red zone or middle point

Thank you for your contribution the cooling fan works perfectly, i changed the Fan at a time.
The mechanic only changed the Oil and Oil filter i do use AP Super V and he changed it to AP Visco 2000 that is all i could remember. When the temperature rises it get to the RED Zone
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by lacasa: 1:56am On Jan 23, 2013
Innteresting thread.

From what i'm reading i think i should ask.

My radiator shows ηo sign of leaking but i usually top up in 3 to 4 days sad

My fans come n off normally, ie it doesn't come on wt ignition (​ so​ i think thats normal).

But, should i be topping up so frequently

Car: 2005 accord 4cylinder.
P.s- (ηo overheating issues, my temp marker stays halfway on the temperature dial)
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by youngchopper(m): 6:04am On Jan 23, 2013
lacasa: Innteresting thread.

From what i'm reading i think i should ask.

My radiator shows ηo sign of leaking but i usually top up in 3 to 4 days sad

My fans come n off normally, ie it doesn't come on wt ignition (​ so​ i think thats normal).

But, should i be topping up so frequently

Car: 2005 accord 4cylinder.
P.s- (ηo overheating issues, my temp marker stays halfway on the temperature dial)
u av an internal leak. Soonest ur engine will over heat
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by lacasa: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2013
Internal leak?

what's the remedy pls
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2013
d
Re: Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model by teamman(m): 3:36am On Jan 24, 2013
radeniran: Auto Guru in the house i need your help to sort out the overheating problem i have with my car (HONDA ACCORD 97 MODEL L4)i have done a lot of changes to the cooling system of the car (Changing of radiator, changing of hose, adding of coolant flushing of the radiator) all to avail.

[quote author=oyibomoses]Tell your mechanic to remove and check the water pump, when the water pump does not work very well, it also cause serious over heat

Auto Guru in the house i need your help to sort out the overheating problem i have with my car (HONDA ACCORD 97 MODEL L4)i have done a lot of changes to the cooling system of the car (Changing of radiator, changing of hose, adding of coolant flushing of the radiator) all to avail.

Water now leak from the Injector that is what i noticed this morning i cant drive 2km without the thermometer not reaching the

Please my Honda accord 1998 radiator fans does only works when the A.C. is turned on.

(1) (Reply)

P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.