Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Why Should I Vote For President Jonathan In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should I Vote For President Jonathan In 2015? (982 Views)

Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? / Can I Vote Anywhere With My Pvc? / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why Should I Vote For President Jonathan In 2015? by Mynd44: 8:40am On Sep 18, 2014
I sat down last night and I remembered a conversation I had with Afam4eva last year. He seemed to think my not thinking the Jonathan administration has done much to make me vote them back into office is out of personal hatred or some loyalism to someone/some people and I told him no, it is that I don't think this administration has done enough to deserve being voted back in.

With 2015 around the corner, I ask myself again why I should vote Mr President back and I hope some people can help me out based on these points. Perhaps my eyes can be opened after I see answers from another point of view.

• Security: One of the primary jobs of leaders is the protection of lives of properties and I am sorry but I don't think this administration did enough to stop the insurgency in the north when it started and was getting out of proportion. I appreciate the recent efforts to push back the insurgents but what were we doing all these while? We were comfortable sitting back trading blames and saying the opposition are the cause but he is the CIC and it is his responsibility. How can the government blame people who are not in office for the deaths of my countrymen and and none of them have been jailed or Prosecuted. I consider it a betrayal of the trust given to him. Our response as a country to the insecurity in the North is just wrong and the lives lost is one that keeps me up.

•Electricity: Does this need any long story? The government has also been blaming the opposition for blowing up gas pipelines and the FG claims this as one of the reason the sector is in this state. Again this just sounds wrong. No arrests, no suspects. *sighs*. The power company was even unbundled, what has been the result? 4,500MW that can barely power Lagos.

•Ethno-Religious Politics: Ever since the president added "Ebele" to his names, I have raised my eyebrows. It is not right, this country has never been so divided along tribal and religious lines as we have it now. Sometimes, I get ashamed when I have to read comments; hell even the Catholics and Anglicans have now dived into this madness.

•Works: Politics is local, if I make my living in an area, I will look for the development of that area first when making decisions. I live in the South West, what has this administration done for this zone? Look at the roads for example, Lagos-Abeokuta is a mess, Old Ife road is horrible, Ilesha road is disgusting, the Lagos-Ibadan is still not ready. When the president was campaigning for the incoming Ayo Fayose, he said "vote PDP and the FG will develop the state" this is an admittance of neglect. Why? From Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Lagos please show me what this administration has done to deserve another term. Why should the people who live there vote for the president again?

•Future Plans: Do we have future plans? What does this administration have to offer beyond 2015? What new things should we expect? What things will the administration change? Is there even a plan or policy going forward?

18 Likes 8 Shares

(1)

Boko Haram Dims Hopes Of Oil-fuelled Revival Of North / Breaking!! Omisore Withdraws Case Seeking To Annul 2011 Election / How I Brought My Neighbours Killers To Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.