Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,540 members, 7,958,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Lesson From The Death Of Dimgba Igwe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson From The Death Of Dimgba Igwe. (577 Views)

Igwe Aja Nwachukwu Is Dead! / Eze Uche Dimgba Asks Igbos In Lagos To Vote For APC / Update On Dimgba Igwe Death/assassination: “I Warned Him Against Orji Uzor Kalu” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lesson From The Death Of Dimgba Igwe. by Titilayodeji13(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2014
I do jog twice in a week for fitness and
good health. But Jogging on Nigeria
streets could be said to be synonymous
to attempting suicide. The death of
Dimgba Igwe, a celebrated writer and a
brilliant Journalist, is another great
loss to both Nigeria and the noble
Profession of Journalism. His life was
cut short by a hit-and- run driver while
Jogging to keep himself fit. Governor
Amosun, during his condolence visit to
the Igwes`said " all we have to do is to
submit ourselves to the wish of God".
Is it the wish of God that Igwe be
knocked down by a careless driver
while Jogging? Is the government
doing enough to improve the death
traps called roads in Nigeria? While
mourning the untimely passage of
Igwe, my advice to Joggers in Nigeria is
to stay off the streets and use the
alternatives like Schools, Stadia and
Gymnasiums. Be safe.
Re: Lesson From The Death Of Dimgba Igwe. by webpower84: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2014
very unfortunate. jogging around now being jogged down by a careless driver. R.I.P mr igwe

1 Like

Re: Lesson From The Death Of Dimgba Igwe. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
In fact, I have to look behind me more than twice intermittently when jogging on my normal routes. i usually jog facing the traffic and not backing it. That way I have an ample view of my jogging space and motorists usually see my camo vest on so they clear for me once they notice.

(1) (Reply)

Bbc News:nigeria Security Officer Should Stop Torturing Boko Haram Detainees / The Final Collapse Of Arab Civilization A 21st Century Tragedy / Former PDP National Vicechairman Joins Lagos Guber Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.