Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road (995 Views)

Protesting Drivers Block Okene-abuja Highway After Police Kill Conductor. / Bad State Of TINCAN-APAPA WHARF Road / Angry Trailer Drivers Block Alao-akala's Campaign Convoy - You Shall Not Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by luvinhubby(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Just received inormation that petroleum tanker drivers have completely blocked Apapa Wharf roads in protest on the state of the roads & the attendant traffic gridlock.
Please avoid that route for now.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2014
It's completely a bedlam out there on the Ijora bridge leading to Apapa.

Was on the bridge for almost 2 hours and was only lucky to pass through the Quorra naval base road to enter Apapa through North Avenue.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by tomakint: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy: It's completely a bedlam out there on the Ijora bridge leading to Apapa.

Was on the bridge for almost 2 hours and was only lucky to pass through the Quorra naval base road to enter Apapa through North Avenue.
Lagos is dying - just face it!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by luvinhubby(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy: It's completely a bedlam out there on the Ijora bridge leading to Apapa.

That road is a nightmare, especially the stretch between barracks to eleganza, in front of flour mills
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
tomakint:

How is Lagos dying? Because of temporary traffic hiccups?

You talk carelessly too much!

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
luvinhubby:
That road is a nightmare, especially the stretch between barracks to eleganza, in front of flour mills

Bros........my Office is inside GRA.

I used to go and unwind in the evening at Etals...I've stopped that now completely. It always a bedlam around that side in the evening nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2014

I've been on this traffic since 8:30. I was unlucky to pass under the bridge instead of climbing APapa bridge and it is completely shut down. Since 8:30am that I reached Ijora, we only reached Polysonic few seconds ago. As I type this, I am in Polysonic.

#MayGodHelpUs
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2014
tomakint:
Try get sense guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: I've been on this traffic since 8:30. I was unlucky to pass under the bridge instead of climbing APapa bridge and it is completely shut down. Since 8:30am that I reached Ijora, we only reached Polysonic few seconds ago. As I type this, I am in Polysonic.

#MayGodHelpUs

Luckily for me......the Naval guys allowed me through providence to bypass the long queue by those going under the bridge.

That was my saving grace!

Amen...may God deliver us from the hands of the tanker drivers.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by tomakint: 10:55am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

How is Lagos dying? Because of temporary traffic hiccups?
You talk carelessly too much!
Temporary Traffic? shocked shocked BTW, you don't have to insult me, be civil my friend! Lagos is my second home Lekki-Ajah Jakande Axis, Ojo-LASU axis, Iyana Ipaja-Ayobo Axis, Omole-Ojodu Berger axis, Satellite Town-Trade Fair Complex axis, Ago palace (Okota) axis are few of the notorious areas with heavy traffic jam in Lagos. You need to step out of your Apapa joint sometimes. undecided
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

Luckily for me......the Naval guys allowed me through providence to bypass the long queue by those going under the bridge.

That was my saving grace!

Amen...may God deliver us from the hands of the tanker drivers.
You are very lucky bros. These tanker driver have become cancer to commuters in Apapa and its environs. The government need to fix the roads and expidite action on the tanker park project.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 18, 2014
tomakint:
You don't have to insult me, be civil my friend! Lagos is my second home Lekki-Ajah Jakande Axis, Ojo-LASU axis, Iyana Ipaja-Ayobo Axis, Omole-Ojodu Berger axis, Satellite Town-Trade Fair Complex axis, Ago palace (Okota) axis are few of the notorious areas with heavy traffic jam in Lagos. You need to step out of your Apapa joint sometimes. undecided

So...how then is Lagos dying because of traffic bottlenecks that occurs all over the world?

Why do you like behaving in a pessimistic manner anytime the issue have to do with Lagos?

PS: Sorry if you feel insulted.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: You are very lucky bros. These tanker driver have become cancer to commuters in Apapa and its environs. The government need to fix the roads and expidite action on the tanker park project.

I think the primary factor for the present traffic jam is the closure of that wharehouse/Eleganza road due to the road construction work.....one side has been blocked off.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by luvinhubby(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2014
The most annoying aspect is that the roads & area in question generates massive revenue for both federal, state & local governments & none deems it neccesary to repair it.
Very shameful. angry

1 Like

Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

I think the primary factor for the present traffic jam is the closure of that wharehouse/Eleganza road due to the road construction work.....one side has been blocked off.

You have a point but this would nt have been this way if that Ijora-Apapa road is in good condition and there's a park 4 them. That is just my concern
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by luvinhubby(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
ilugunboy:

The jam had been there before berger started the work on that road.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2014
luvinhubby: The most annoying aspect is that the roads & area in question generates massive revenue for both federal, state & local governments & none deems it neccesary to repair it.
Very shameful. angry

You are very true.

Apapa...being the primary port city in Nigeria generates huge revenue for all the levels of goverment....especially the FG, but the place has been virtually abandoned.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2014
luvinhubby:
Mr. Honda spare parts dealer,how Ladipo Market today? grin grin
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2014
luvinhubby:

The traffic problem eased off a bit...it started again this week....coinciding with the closure of that particular road.
Re: Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road by Lilimax(f): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Apapa is a no go area for me during the week days cos of the terrible traffic situation
... sad Again these protesting Tanker Drivers contributes majorly to the gridlock often experienced in Apapa routes..

It'll not be bad if the owners of these Tankers and Tank farms in Apapa join hand together
in re-constructing Apapa roads. Let it be a way of giving back to there community embarassed(CSR) (my thought)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Scores, Torches 540 Houses In Adamawa / Court Sentences Osun Politician To Life Imprisonment For Molestin Pregnant Woman / Former Bayelsa Governor DSP Alamieyeseigha's Son Killed In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.