Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us (1336 Views)

What 1st Car Would You Recommend? / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't own a car yet but i knw certainly i wil in future. Just thinkin of all the problems with car. Kindly tel us ur own story.
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Greenified(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
i neva buy
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Edwinmason(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Me neva buy yet
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Greenified: i neva buy
Edwinmason: Me neva buy yet
If a topic isn't relevant to you or doesn't apply to you, you need not post Anything about it. Its a sign of immaturity to derail threads by posting silly comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by billy187(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hmmm....first wahala. I think it was a loose battery terminal connection in my Ford Focus approximately 120secs after I brought her home! Everything shut down and I kinda panicked. Fortunately tightening things up fixed the problem! Apart from a bad battery, she hasnt given me much problem since.
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Mitchely: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
This brings back memories......a cut timing belt, my mechanic could not come over to fix as I was a bit out of town. The one I was able to get struggled the entire day to loosen a bolt to fix the new belt. Car had to finally be towed and the tight bolt heated before he could loosen and do the fix!
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
None particularly comes to mind but I used it as a learning opportunity.

If you do adequate pre purchase due diligence and then follow through by being proactive with maintenance after purchase, owning a car shouldn't be a tedious affair.

I4C14U2
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2014
billy187: Hmmm....first wahala. I think it was a loose battery terminal connection in my Ford Focus approximately 120secs after I brought her home! Everything shut down and I kinda panicked. Fortunately tightening things up fixed the problem! Apart from a bad battery, she hasnt given me much problem since.
lucky you o. I don't pray 2 fall prey 4 any sha

1 Like

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 12:15am On Sep 19, 2014
CityNG: None particularly comes to mind but I used it as a learning opportunity.

If you do adequate pre purchase due diligence and then follow through by being proactive with maintenance after purchase, owning a car shouldn't be a tedious affair.

I4C14U2
i nid u 2 tutor me more. Really dumb when it cums 2 cars
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Lagusta(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Let me share mine....

As i was driving along muritala mohammed way (agric area, ilorin) i noticed that the needle on my tachometer suddenly dropped from 2800 to zero in motion, the car slowed down and finally stalled.... I had the brains to quickly park it before coming to a halt on that kind of busy road...

Anyway, i opened the bonnet to figure out what was going on, started the car and noticed the starter revolved faster than usual... Chooii!!! I felt doomed!!?

Called a clown nearby, he just put a spanner here and there, told me to start it and he said "oga your engine don knock, go buy another one"... At first, i nearly fainted, but i later thought; there is water in the radiator, fan is still spinning, i serviced it 3wks ago, this engine cannot knock jare....

Finally called a genuine mecho, he took off a compartment at the side of the engine, and that was it... A snapped timing belt and a cracked water pump.... All caused by a faulty engine seat (my car is very old tho)

well, we changed all for about 5500... Started the car, and still driving it till today!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Edwinmason(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
lomomike:
If a topic isn't relevant to you or doesn't apply to you, you need not post Anything about it. Its a sign of immaturity to derail threads by posting silly comments.
story for the gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Edwinmason: story for the gods

tell that story to your gods when you come out of your ban.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by danadam(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagusta: Let me share mine....

As i was driving along muritala mohammed way (agric area, ilorin) i noticed that the needle on my tachometer suddenly dropped from 2800 to zero in motion, the car slowed down and finally stalled.... I had the brains to quickly park it before coming to a halt on that kind of busy road...

Anyway, i opened the bonnet to figure out what was going on, started the car and noticed the starter revolved faster than usual... Chooii!!! I felt doomed!!?

Called a clown nearby, he just put a spanner here and there, told me to start it and he said "oga your engine don knock, go buy another one"... At first, i nearly fainted, but i later thought; there is water in the radiator, fan is still spinning, i serviced it 3wks ago, this engine cannot knock jare....

Finally called a genuine mecho, he took off a compartment at the side of the engine, and that was it... A snapped timing belt and a cracked water pump.... All caused by a faulty engine seat (my car is very old tho)

well, we changed all for about 5500... Started the car, and still driving it till today!!!

Wow... Timing belt and water pump for 5500. You car is quite economical (spare parts). What brand/model year is your car?
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Lagusta(m): 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
danadam:

Wow... Timing belt and water pump for 5500. You car is quite economical (spare parts). What brand/model year is your car?

lololzzzz!!!

Dont mind me ooo, i supposed to change the car ooo, na money dey delay me...

Its a 1987 mazda 626, fuel carburetted...

Been using the car since i was a student...

Timing belt cost 1200, engine seat cost 2700 and water pump cost 2500.... Ooops, that add up to 6400... Sorry, that was a mistake!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagusta:

lololzzzz!!!

Dont mind me ooo, i supposed to change the car ooo, na money dey delay me...

Its a 1987 mazda 626, fuel carburetted...

Been using the car since i was a student...

Timing belt cost 1200, engine seat cost 2700 and water pump cost 2500.... Ooops, that add up to 6400... Sorry, that was a mistake!!!
This ur car na thunda!
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Lagusta(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
frenddy6: This ur car na thunda!

u dey use style dey yab me baa

No worry, i go change am....
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by Readonee35L(m): 1:40am On Sep 20, 2014
lomomike:

lwkm hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by nurey(m): 5:39am On Sep 20, 2014
lomomike:

Mr lomomike, the guy was only pulling your legs na, but this your reply put smiles on my face grin
grin grin grin

Well op my own problem only lasted 1 minute, after buying fuel from the pump, I parked and got down to ask the price of engine oil. When I got back to start the car, the lights only came on no crank. Tried for like a zillion times till the car responded after that no wahala again
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 9:23am On Sep 20, 2014
It's like everybody here owns or rents a car. Infact i don provoke. I'm Headin 2wards lagos now to buy ma own. Even if na part by part i go buy am till e complete. Lol! What's dat
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by frenddy6(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Lagusta:

u dey use style dey yab me baa

No worry, i go change am....
lol! Ma broda no b so. Na hail i dey hail ur car o. D car 2 nice!
Re: Share Ur 1st Car Wahala With Us by princejones(m): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
The first issue l had with my car was when l was coming from lagos to uyo,my gear box oil pipe cut and spill off the oil till the car stoped and l call my mech in lag and he said l need to change the gearbox,so l had to sleep with the car till the following day l meet one local mech they and then it was discovered that it is the hose that cut and all l needed to do was to change the hose and refill the gearbox oil and the problem was solved.

(1) (Reply)

Replacement Of New Plate Number / Stunning: Have You Seen This Car Park(pictures) / Reason You Should Open Windows For Few Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.