Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World (1363 Views)

Photos From Mohammed Babangida's Daughter's 10th Birthday Party / Nigeria Takes 10 Place In The World Sexiest English Accent / Ghana Has The Best English Accent In Africa - (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Stellaodoni1(f): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't know if this is news or not , but according to a new poll made by CNN on Facebook poll , Nigeria has the 10th sexiest accent in the world out of over 7,000 languages .

So all those guys/ chicks forming British accent read more, sweetie claim your accent back lol.

Source : http://gossiptwist..com/2014/09/nigeria-accent-is-10th-sexiest-english.h

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
huh??...oya shileku...
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by paul288yahoo(m): 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
sexy?
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Yeske2(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
So wetin make we do?
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by fairheven: 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
This is old news naa,nigeria is actually no.6 or 5,dint know were u go ur own list.

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by laudate: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
This must be a joke! We have so many different types of accents in Nigeria. Which one exactly, are they referring to?

Is it the Oyo accent, or the Igbo accent, the Edo accent, the Fulani accent, the Efik accent or what? shocked I don't get it oh! This is because, there is no such thing as a "Nigerian" accent! We have as many different accents, as there are tribes...

Have you heard Nigerians from different ethnic groups speak English? Can you compare the accent of the Bassa trader, with that of the Ibibio fisherman?

Or can you compare Ogbeni Aregbesola's accent in Osun, with that of Liyel Imoke of Cross River? Aren't they different?

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by vicadex07(m): 2:29am On Sep 19, 2014
laudate: This must be a joke! We have so many different types of accents in Nigeria. Which one exactly, are they referring to?

Is it the Oyo accent, or the Igbo accent, the Edo accent, the Fulani accent, the Efik accent or what? shocked I don't get it oh! This is because, there is no such thing as a "Nigerian" accent! We have as many different accents, as there are tribes...

Have you heard Nigerians from different ethnic groups speak English? Can you compare the accent of the Bassa trader, with that of the Ibibio fisherman?

Or can you compare Ogbeni Aregbesola's accent in Osun, with that of Liyel Imoke of Cross River? Aren't they different?

Why did you say what I wanted to say angry
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by ayukdaboss(m): 2:50am On Sep 19, 2014
The major tribes in Nigeria have very hilarious accents so I don't understand this poll. I think they mean people who have refused to allow tribal factors influence their English just like myself.
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 19, 2014
Ohuu yeus mate. I reolly think ur roight.

Cheers mate.
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by kika23(f): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2014
laudate: This must be a joke! We have so many different types of accents in Nigeria. Which one exactly, are they referring to?

I've heard about this before.... I think it's the normal Nigerian English accent.... There's something Like that. Yea?

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 10:28am On Sep 19, 2014
Tell them. There is no such thing as Nigerian accent!
Is it the Oyo accent, or the Igbo accent, the Edo accent, the Fulani accent, the Efik accent or what? shocked I don't get it oh!
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by omenka(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2014

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Realk1(m): 11:11am On Sep 19, 2014

You're very right tho.
I think however, that non-Nigerians would find it more difficult to tell an ibo accent from a Yoruba one as many years of integration has made us talk more alike than we'd realise.
Two examples -
1. (This one's just an illustration) Siblings in a household don't realise how much resemblance they have, whereas some other people might actually mistake them for twins!
2. Most of us can quickly tell a Ghanaian accent (when we hear stuff like fork being called 'firk' grin), not realising that they, despite being only about 24 million or so, have about six distinct ethnic groups and over 70 languages -which I believe, influences their English accent and would be readily discerned by knowing Ghanaian ears.

What I have against that list though (yep I've seen it and nope, we weren't rated number 10...I think it's 5 sef I can't remember sha)...Ehen, what I have against that list is that the notable speakers listed were both Yoruba- KSA & Omotola. This could mean that the Yoruba accent might actually be what they were unknowingly referring to, thereby making all I stated earlier just a bunch of crap. tongue

TGIF grin

Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by omoharry(f): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2014

I am sure they were referring to the Nigerian Pidgin English
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sexy? Hmmm...lack of better things to do.
Re: Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World by sirjohnson(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
No wonder that white girl for V.I dey trip for me grin

B-U-S-T-E-D: Pa Ayo, Asari Dokubo And The Fake Bokoharam's Leader / President Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari / Ogun Overtakes Lagos In Industrialisation