Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? (1406 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / She Doesn't Love Him, But He Doesn't Believe In Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
I don't think so.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by okotv(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
never....cause it against Gods command...infact that was what our search the scripture session in church today was all about....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by plaetton: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
KelvinGraphics: Truth be told.
I dont think that anybody who believes in God kan marry sum1 who doesnt.
Maybe he who doesnt kan marry she who doesnt too.

But if it's as for dating, yea i kan date she who doesnt believe in God, but as 4 Marriage it is Mba, No!

Lie.
Many many nija ladies, the far majority, would gladly marry any man that loves and treat them right.
I am proof. When I was single, babes went from my bed to church and back.
None that I dated ever had an issue with my non belief and mockery of religion. In fact, many found it quite intriguing to date a non believer.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by plaetton: 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Truth be told, I don't think that anybody, especially those that profess it, believe in the existence of god.

What we have are the far majority of humanity who zealously HOPE that there is a god in order that life may have a meaning.
When this hope turns to fear, then we have religion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
plaetton:

Lie.
Many many nija ladies, the far majority, would gladly marry any man that loves and treat them right.
I am proof. When I was single, babes went from my bed to church and back.
None that I dated ever had an issue with my non belief and mockery of religion. In fact, many found it quite intriguing to date a non believer.

We were talking about marriage here. They slept with you. That's a different thing altogether.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 22, 2014
I will gladly marry a lady who doesn't believe in god provided she's logical, pretty, respectful to my people, and does kama sutra in the bedroom shocked...I don't do church girls!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
kilokeys: marriage works best when both patners have a common higher authority they respect.

if i marry a Christian like me.. i don't have to preach her into submission, tithing and other things..

fvck it.. if there was no afterlife.. this world would be the last place ill wanna be.. ill rather kill myself and rest in oblivion.. whats d mere point of.. getting born, growing, schooling, working, marrying, procreating, and dying off.. thats just a hopeless cycle

God, afterlife is d hope and that hope is the strength i need to endure the craziness of this futile world.

What meaning does the belief in God give? and what meaning does the "afterlife" entail
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton: Truth be told, I don't think that anybody, especially those that profess it, believe in the existence of god.

What we have are the far majority of humanity who zealously HOPE that there is a god in order that life may have a meaning.
When this hope turns to fear, then we have religion.
Infinity likes for ur comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Do You Buy Toy Guns For Your Children. / Her Husband Is Doing Things She Doesn't Like- She Needs Advices / Breaking New: Pastor Chris Reconcile With Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.