Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G (2364 Views)

"An Actress Introduced Me To Hard Drugs" - Terry G On Rubbin Minds / Funke Akindele And Husband Parted Ways / I Almost Committed Suicide After Queen Ure & I Parted–soul E Baba Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 5:51am On Sep 19, 2014
The Nigerian weirdest artist Gabriel Amanyi, popularly known as "Terry G" has finally overcome the most dangerous and harmful lifestyle he once use to live. During an iterview with Punch's correspondent, the artist who is also well known for his agility while performing revealed this below

“I will say that it is not an easy thing to quit such a dangerous habit. What I did was to avoid contact with all those who introduced me to the it.”
Earlier, he had caused a stir in the entertainment circles when, in a moment of desperation, he fingered a popular Nollywood actress as one of those who introduced him to hard drugs. Now that he is free from the clutches of addiction, he is no longer eager to keep their friendship going.
“Nowadays I try to avoid her. We are no longer as close as we used to be. The only thing that is constant is change and I am a changed man now,” he says.
This very popular singer, who also doubles as a producer, single-handedly evolved a new music style that caught on like wild fire among music fans and has remained quite successful till date.
Unknown to many of his fans, Terry G actually cut his teeth as a backup singer to ex-Plantashun Boi, Faze. He was about to be signed on to the latter’s records label, Independent Entertainment when a rival company dangled a ‘juicy carrot’ before him and he fell for it.
That was a long time ago. Now, with several albums to his credit and a ‘swag’ that has made him one of the most liked Afro hip hop artistes in the country, he could be described as a successful musician.
The only snag is that Terry G regards Tuface Idibia as his mentor, not Faze. Explaining why he made this choice, he says, “Tuface inspired me long before I came into the limelight. I have always admired and appreciated his talent, zeal and unique style. He made me to understand that success in show business does not necessarily depend on individual talent or ability to sing. What matters is that you have to stand out in a crowd and be in a class of your own.”
Lately, the singer has been carrying on in such a manner that suggests he might be considering a change in his image and career. But he says that he is not thinking of rebranding yet.
“I am not rebranding. I am only honing my skill as a singer and producer. I have to be versatile because it is very essential to the progress of any business. That is what I am doing now,” Terry G says.
A few days ago, the artiste was the guest of Cool FM in Lagos and, in a lighter mood, he had playfully declared that he deserved to be celebrated as the “most controversial musician” in Nigeria. Later, he waved the statement aside and said that he was just joking.
But, to those who accuse him of deliberately courting controversy, Terry says, “Apart from the fact that in show business, we are bound to make mistakes, everybody loves positive controversy. I am happy when people associate me with positive controversy. I have never investigated any. So I’ll just accept it as one of those things.”
Although he commands a larger fan base than many of his contemporaries in Nigeria, Terry G has not been fortunate enough to land a major advertising deal yet. But he is willing to wait for as long as possible.

Contine to read more here

1 Share

Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by almacherish(f): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Dat 2nd pix is scary biko
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by englishmart(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2014
I remember the song one of my primary school teacher thought me..

It goes like this

"the man who drinks star
The man who takes gulder
The man who takes India hemp
The man who takes cocaine
Is a very stup1d man
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Happy for him though
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Akpako master!

May you remain clean, we want you alive, hale and hearty.
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by ginajet(f): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2014
stories that touches the heart and tickles the bombom
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Once a smoker, always a smoker
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by Bigcake: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2014
ginajet: stories that touches the heart and tickles the bombom
And the Clitori.s
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2014
Bigcake: And the Clitori.s

shocked shocked
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by ifyndy(f): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Parting frm cocaine n etc good for you....pls my aadvice to you, pls work on ur aappearance. U look dirty to me
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Terry G na kolo mental
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by philantoxx(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2014
adonbilivit.maybe he said it under d influence of dru...

1 Like

Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2014
ifyndy: Parting frm cocaine n etc good for you....pls my aadvice to you, pls work on ur aappearance. U look dirty to me

cheesy shocked
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by suregurl(f): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2014
okay i don hear...waitin 4 him 2 chnge his style of music
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
suregurl: okay i don hear...waitin 4 him 2 chnge his style of music

that's not necessary, its his way of life that matters,. his kind of music is just his own pattern
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by sirjohnson(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
I dont believe he has parted ways
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by naijathings(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
People find it hard to quit smoking cigarettes.. But you (terryG) quit cigar, marijuana, cocaine + other hard drugs.

I think U need to start a TV show sir.
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
naijathings: People find it hard to quit smoking cigarettes.. But you (terryG) quit cigar, marijuana, cocaine + other hard drugs.

I think U need to start a TV show sir.

its very possible
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
sirjohnson: I dont believe he has parted ways

grin
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by suregurl(f): 12:36am On Sep 21, 2014
fikimania14:

that's not necessary, its his way of life that matters,. his kind of music is just his own pattern
i knw... bt isnt his style of music disturb ur ears? Cuz it does here
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by fikimania14: 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: How I Parted Ways With Cocaine, Indian-hemp And Hard Drugs - Terry G by 0nyegame(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
make i dey watch u,terry g no dey smoke again...

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Graphics Design By Lorenzo / ''my Bum Never Fails Me''; Actress Yvonne Jegede Gushes About Her Bikini Bum... / Conspiracy: Who Killed Bobbi Kristina (whitney Houston's Daughter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.