Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill (745 Views)

Dasukigate, Arms Deal Scandal: Tinubu Returns N9m To FG / Tinubu Returns Stolen Money! / Bola Tinubu Returns From The Uk (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by Telled51: 6:02am On Sep 19, 2014
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said he was never sick at anytime during his travels and said he is seeking God’s forgiveness for those who carried stories of his alleged illness.

The Opposition arrowhead stated this on his arrival tonight (Thursday) at the ExecuJet landing strip, Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, after weeks overseas on vacation. He also said news of his failing health were false and without foundation.

“I’m as fit as a fiddle,” he said. “There was nothing wrong before I left the country. We had the Osun gubernatorial election and I’d planned a long vacation and some other research assignments in the political arena. It was to learn from people who had experienced the development of opposition parties in the past.”

On why he kept his location and activities off the radar, Mr. Tinubu said, “I don’t have to disclose to people my vacation location. But it was very shocking and sad that there were speculations about my health. This a sign of the lack of trust people have for leadership in the country.

“When I had the knee problem, I disclosed to Nigerians that I was going for a knee surgery and I came back. Even then, they started peddling rumours. I don’t know whether some people deliberately insinuate that I have a medical problem. It seems like a deliberate falsehood to me. It is all lies. There was no day that I had the need for even Panadol since I left this country for this trip. I was very busy, reading and talking to people of great intelligence that I believe I could gain from politically.”

To those who peddled the false news of his illness, the former governor said, “May God Almighty forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing. And I wish them all they wish for me.”

Asked his opimion of the current happenings in the country, Mr. Tinubu said he aligns with his party’s position and added that Nigerians were clearly tired of the antics and failures of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“The entire nation has lost its trust in the ruling party. It is a challenging time and we have to be very careful. The APC has all the ingredients to save Nigeria and we shall save our dear country,” he said.
Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2014
yea he was on drug
Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by englishmart(m): 6:36am On Sep 19, 2014
If he was ever ill, how come they said he was ill?

I'm a good judge. And I know bola is not telling the truth

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 6:39am On Sep 19, 2014
*in the voice of TOM* too much Drugs.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by odukoko(m): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Lie,lie! ''chai,deris God o''!
Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by brainpower(m): 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Please can somebody make me understand what he meant by "lack of trust for leadership in the country"? Confused about that. Was he angry that Nigerians don't trust him?
Re: Exclusive: Bola Tinubu Returns, Said He Was Never Ill by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Well thank God he is back to meet APC his private coy in ruins grin

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi And The Rubbishing Of Ojukwu's Memory / Breaking!!! Cholera Epidemic In Ghana: 22,000 Infected | 170 Dead / How Governor Mimiko Ambushed Me In Akure Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.