Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor (1109 Views)

How God Saved Me From Dasukigate – Senator Arise / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse / Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2014
A man simply identified as Khathuatshelo Ramovha, a survivor of the synagogue building collapse has credited a table with saving his life.

While speaking with the BBC, Ramovha said he was underneath the table when the building collapsed and he says it protected him from the falling rubble, which would otherwise have killed him.

"People were crying, people were praying, people were screaming... I was not feeling anything,"

"It was very dark, people were screaming, people were crying, they were shouting: 'My head' 'my leg'. After some time, some stopped screaming,", he described

On how it all started, the South African man said

Immediately when I want to start to eat, I just felt like something like a blast on the wall. I can’t explain what it is. It made a small sound; something like a wired bomb, so quick and the building was coming down. So I lost my consciousness. After probably 30 minutes or about an hour I woke up. When I woke up, I saw rubles, so dark, no oxygen, nothing. People were screaming, people were praying, people were crying; my leg, my head. I was not feeling any pain. I was under the table for hours which my food was on top before the incident. I was under that table. Surely it is that table that saved me because when the rubble came down, it touched that table and I was under it. Probably if it touches me first, it will crush me.

While giving a recount on how he was rescued he said

I heard a very loud sound that broke the rubles. They were able to get inside. When they take it out they scream; are there people there. We said yes we are here. You alive? Yes we are alive. They told us to crawl through the hole they made. And we crawled. The first lady crawled, 2nd, 3rd, I was the first male. All the first three persons were female and then they took me out.

Mr Khathuatshelo Ramovha, who had since returned to South Africa said the incident made his faith strong and he would return to Nigeria whenever he can.

Similarly rescue operations as stop at the site of the collapse and the death toll stands at 80

http://www.whonaija.com/2014/09/synagogue-building-collapse-it-was.html

Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2014
thank God
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Holywizard: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2014
Go do better thanksgiving
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by 3kay945(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2014
Some people will say he cheated death.
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Shameless animal worships a false prophet instead of God and now he's thanking a table for saving his life!! angry
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2014
Aktor365: A man simply identified as Khathuatshelo Ramovha, a survivor of the synagogue building collapse has credited a table with saving his life.
While speaking with the BBC, Ramovha said he was underneath the table when the building collapsed and he says it protected him from the falling rubble, which would otherwise have killed him.
"People were crying, people were praying, people were screaming... I was not feeling anything,"
"It was very dark, people were screaming, people were crying, they were shouting: 'My head' 'my leg'. After some time, some stopped screaming,", he described
On how it all started, the South African man said
Immediately when I want to start to eat, I just felt like something like a blast on the wall. I can’t explain what it is. It made a small sound; something like a wired bomb, so quick and the building was coming down. ......
http://www.whonaija.com/2014/09/synagogue-building-collapse-it-was.html

Controlled demolition anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcb37yyHgT8

In a Controlled demolition with an implosion, the building is demolished so that it collapses straight down into its own footprint (the total area at the base of the building) by load explosives on several different levels of the building so that the building structure falls down on itself at multiple points.
The basic idea of explosive demolition is quite simple: If you remove the support structure of a building at a certain point, the section of the building above that point will fall down on the part of the building below that point. The explosives are just the trigger for the demolition. It's gravity that brings the building down.

No construction permit
Suspicious building collapse
Scores of people killed

T.B Joshua has cases to answer. He is going to jail

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by cocoduck: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
^^^^
You are an idiot, a very big one f00L that matter. (Abuse me in return in you wish.)
maybe you have never in your miserable life been near a collapsing house that tis why you and your brain washed fellows come here to type nonsense.
FYI, A heavy and hard falling body ie concrete, falls to the ground with a big thud and combined with the objects inside the house like chinawares,glass and other things that were crushed will sound like a wired bomb.
BTW, why didn't the prophet of doom foresee it?
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by wesley80(m): 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sadly, the Lagos state government is more intent on proving it was a structural defect that led to the collapse than investigating the possibility that it was a terror strike as they've always done. Fashola is yet to realize that making the populace live under an atmosphere of false security is counterproductive in the long run.
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
@cocoduck,
are you sure you are ok?
Have you eaten today?

If yes, tell me exactly what part of my post you disagree with; and let's analyse it like intellectual, instead of these your motor park language.
Re: Synagogue Building Collapse: 'it Was The Table That Saved Me" - Survivor by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
please check the dates

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/09/29/synagogue-building-collapse-controlled-demolition-emmanuel-tv/

JonBee1:
Controlled demolition anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcb37yyHgT8
In a Controlled demolition with an implosion, the building is demolished so that it collapses straight down into its own footprint (the total area at the base of the building) by load explosives on several different levels of the building so that the building structure falls down on itself at multiple points.
The basic idea of explosive demolition is quite simple: If you remove the support structure of a building at a certain point, the section of the building above that point will fall down on the part of the building below that point. The explosives are just the trigger for the demolition. It's gravity that brings the building down.
No construction permit
Suspicious building collapse
Scores of people killed
T.B Joshua has cases to answer. He is going to jail

(1) (Reply)

The Man Right For Abia State / Nigeria: What Exactly Is 'clueless' About Goodluck Jonathan? (I) / PDP Vs APC The Difference Is Clear Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.