Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

‘how I Survived Kano Blast’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘how I Survived Kano Blast’ (502 Views)

Update on Kano Blast: Do you know this child? / Kano Blast Forces PDP To Postpone House Of Assembly Primaries / Peter Obi In Tears, Buries 4 Family Members Killed In Kano Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘how I Survived Kano Blast’ by Samueldo(m): 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/survived-kano-blast/

Facebook Share Twitter Share
By AbdulSalam Muhammad
KANO—A 12 years old primary five pupil of Warure primary school survivor of the Wednesday blast that rocked the Federal College of Education, Kano, Abdulbasit Umar, has revealed that it was through luck that he survived to tell his own story.
Speaking with Vanguard on his hospital bed, yesterday, the lad revealed that the college was his temporary abode, as he hawked sachet water since they began their long vacation July 24.
He said, ‘it was the peak of our business when suddenly a deafening sound punctured the peace and I went down unprepared. When I recovered from the shock and took to my heel, I heard gunshot felling those behind me one after the other.”
The sachet water hawker said that “at a point that I thought I had sped to safety, I was hit on the thigh and fell down in pains.”
The young lad with bruises all over his body said that “sensing the danger and confusion that dominated the environment, I crawled to safety before a good Samaritan came and rescued me alongside several injured to the hospital.
Umar who had bullets lodged in his thigh was among several others waiting for procedure at the Murtala Muhammed Hospital, where the medical doctors are already waiting to perform the operation.
The lad who betrayed emotion during the short interaction rhetorically questioned the reporter “will I ever work with my feet again?” His experience came on the heel of reports from the hospital that three out of 34 injured from the Wednesday blast had died last night bringing the official  death toll from the incident to 18.
In the meantime, the Federal Government has directed National Emergency Relief Agency, NEMA to provide relief to all those affected by the blast.
Re: ‘how I Survived Kano Blast’ by GODDYGEE91(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
I thank God 4 sparing ur life. There is notin impossible 4 God 2 do, if he can spare ur life, then be rest assured that u r goin 2 walk with ur 2 feet.

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Take Over Aso Rock In 2015– Okorocha / Let Us Be Reminded / Politicians Sponsor Boko Haram Through Cairo Based Agent - Davies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.