Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,789 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors (12363 Views)

FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1 / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by adeoladrg(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Cool
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by reuowen(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Sunday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.
My fellow Nairalanders. Pls wish me a happy birthday.[/quote]
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by cbrass(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2014
nextdoor84: Some fools that are not aware of what vet.medicine is, always mock the profession!! In the developed world vet.doctors are ranked above their human counterpart!! I always envy that profession just that it's the toughest course to study anywhere in the world!!

Really What makes it to be that tough? Afteral its animals they want to treat
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Blaqsmith(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2014
searay: Dear Mod Good morning and happy Sunday to you.
Kindly delete Blacqsmith post and push me forward and make me a demi god just like the doctors. I almost nail it.
Thank you.
lol grin

Space booker.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by eledacedar(f): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2014
bushdoc9919: In other words....they want to get more doctors and vets in the rural areas (where they are needed, quite frankly) by offering a pay rise.

You have just given a simple summary. Nice

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2014
Medical docs hv always started from level 12....
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by brownlord: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Gboliwe: Hope they also have it in their plans to build more facilities in these villages so to say.

I have been on tour to about 4 or 5 LGs in the last two weeks in search of hospitals, I am so disappointed.

Where we manage to see a facility, its under lock and key like the health centre I saw in Akpajo- Eleme.

Na hospital you dey fine or baba farin tradomedical centre, two different thing sir, anyway tell me wetin be your problem my papa be teach me some herbs that time make I enter forest go get am for you
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by soonpoint(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2014
nextdoor84: Some fools that are not aware of what vet.medicine is, always mock the profession!! In the developed world vet.doctors are ranked above their human counterpart!! I always envy that profession just that it's the toughest course to study anywhere in the world!!

ULl make it quick as a comedian..
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by rman: 9:16am On Sep 21, 2014
How sustainable is this?

What if such medical personnel relocates to the city a few years later? He will then have unfair advantage?

Develop the LGA's. Make the basic things like electricity, good roads and water available and people will stay there.

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by nekkyontop(f): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Daewoods: OK
Happy Sunday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.
My fellow Nairalanders. Pls wish me a happy birthday.
Happy birthday. Wishing you LLNP
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Olaone1: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2014
I know 1 or 2 doctors working for LGs. They only treat malaria; administer chloroquine but nothing noteworthy. They lose touch with their profession without even knowing at all

They have a small budget to plunder, though.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2014

Really? Lwkmd

I don't mean to be rude and I respect the profession but to make ridiculous claims like this doesn't help anyone's ministry
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by wengerjay(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
cbrass:

I wonder o my brother.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Olaone1: I know 1 or 2 doctors working for LGs. They only treat malaria; administer chloroquine but nothing noteworthy. They lose touch with their profession without even knowing at all

That's the whole point of being a primary care doctor. Treat the minor things before they develop into disasters. As simple as malaria is, it is the number one killer of children in Africa. Other things they handle regularly are things like Diarrhea in children, controlled hypertension etc
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by wengerjay(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2014
annoymous:

Really? Lwkmd

I don't mean to be rude and I respect the profession but to make ridiculous claims like this doesn't help anyone's ministry
Laugh wan kill me die too.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by dridowu: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2014
God bless you , its only few people like that appreciate we Vet, just that this our country is not really helping Vet profession, but i know the future is bright for Veterinary Profession in Nigeria , how soon is what i don't know.

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by dridowu: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
cbrass:

In human medics, the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, surgery, patholgy e.t.c are all the same in man and woman but in Vet the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry e.t.c are totally different in animals, so you have to study each animal seperately . I would have love to educate you more but no time but i will advise you try and contact any Vet Doctor of your choice for more explanation.
Proverbs 12:10
Am so proud i practice a noble profession
God Bless Veterinary Profession
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by searay(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Blaqsmith: lol grin

Space booker.
lols
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by toboy: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Olaone1: I know 1 or 2 doctors working for LGs. They only treat malaria; administer chloroquine but nothing noteworthy. They lose touch with their profession without even knowing at all

ha ha. This got me laughing out although its the truth.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Daewoods(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
nekkyontop: Happy birthday. Wishing you LLNP
Thanks Dear
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by drkay(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'll like to work in the rural community if its nt going to be too far frm my family and wunt stop me frm updating my practice. Once a physician working in the rural area respect the tradition of the ppl of d community where he works and try to recognise d TBA's and encourage them on hygiene practices esp sterilisation of their instruments, he will be the second king in that village.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Samgreguc(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
timilehing: Employing more doctors without standard equipment?? I guess they'll be healing patients with prayer or perhaps, turn hospitals to healing school
na one step at a time na.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Samgreguc(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
cbrass:

av u read Prov 12 : 10?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Samgreguc(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
oluseyioba: Medical docs hv always started from level 12....
na so me ma knw o. Abi lg own dif?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Gboliwe: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
brownlord:

Na hospital you dey fine or baba farin tradomedical centre, two different thing sir, anyway tell me wetin be your problem my papa be teach me some herbs that time make I enter forest go get am for you
grin grin
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by cbrass(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Samgreguc:
av u read Prov 12 : 10?

Ok , let me do that nw

Hmmmm....never knew that existed in the Holy Bible
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
I work thre,na level 12 dem dey start
Samgreguc:
na so me ma knw o. Abi lg own dif?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by cbrass(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
dridowu: In human medics, the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, surgery, patholgy e.t.c are all the same in man and woman but in Vet the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry e.t.c are totally different in animals, so you have to study each animal seperately . I would have love to educate you more but no time but i will advise you try and contact any Vet Doctor of your choice for more explanation.
Proverbs 12:10
Am so proud i practice a noble profession
God Bless Veterinary Profession

Why are you all quoting Pro 12:10 ? Anyway I once heard from a vet doctor that if you don't do well in your first year exam or so in school you will be dropped, I first thought that he was exagerating ni
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
am really surprise at what the chairman of this said committee. as far as i know CONMESS starts with CONMESS 1 ( house officer) which is equivalant to GL 10. so, if medical doctors working with LGAs are been placed on GL 9 as entry point then which salary scale are they using?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
drkay: I'll like to work in the rural community if its nt going to be too far frm my family and wunt stop me frm updating my practice. Once a physician working in the rural area respect the tradition of the ppl of d community where he works and try to recognise d TBA's and encourage them on hygiene practices esp sterilisation of their instruments, he will be the second king in that village.
you are welcome to my state, pick a form and fill and i guarantee you immediate employment.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2014

what of CPD/CME?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients / Ogun State Tackles Maternal Mortality, Distribute Tricycle Ambulances / 9 Common Dental Questions You May Have When You Are Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.