Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors (12305 Views)

FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1 / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by sogodihno: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors
The Presidential Committee on the review of the Scheme of Service for Local Government Employees in Nigeria Friday submitted its report recommending that the entry point for both the Veterinary and Medical Doctors personnel are henceforth, to be raised from the current grade level 09 to grade levels 12.

It also advocated for the retention of the post of Head of local government Administration but to be placed on consolidated salary structure as may be determined by the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission. The Chairman of the Committee, Umar Ambursa, at the weekend in Abuja said, ‘’The draft review edition of the scheme of service for local government employees in Nigeria presented today is a product of a robust review exercise, it is a marked improvement of the 2006 edition in many respect.”According to Ambursa, it is the genuine expectations of the Review Committee that the revised edition will provide the much needed impact as well as the enhancement of the abilityand capability of local government in Nigeria to attract and retain highly skilled manpower.

‘’This is the one of the surest ways to make local government better able to deliver service effectively for sustainable development at the grassroots level of governance,’’ he noted. The Chairman, who added that the committee was officially set-up on April 28, 2014 by the Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-government Affairs, was mandated to work along the following terms of reference.‘’To review the current scheme of service (2006 edition) of local government employees in Nigeria; to liaise with the establishment department (OHCSF), to incorporate approved cadres in the scheme of service and to produce a draft copy of the scheme of service for local government employees in Nigeria.’’Other highlights of the committee’s report dwelt on an objective criteria of filling of vacancies for the post of Directors and other officers, the creation of additional new cadres, while the creation of two new departments of Environmental Health out of the current Primary Health Care department as the revenue department out of the existing finance and supply department was similarly advocated.

Receiving the report on behalf of the Federal Government, the Minister of Special Duty and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, said the recommendation for raising the entry point of local government doctors from grades level 09 to 12 is aimed at ensuring the growth of the Local government sector.
By Kabiru-Turaki
Guardian
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
In other words....they want to get more doctors and vets in the rural areas (where they are needed, quite frankly) by offering a pay rise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Mynd44: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Blaqsmith(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Anything.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by searay(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Blaqsmith never you stand on my way again
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by searay(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Jj
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by bist: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Ok
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 21, 2014
okay.
No need for it.
Learn how to invest and earn reasonable profit every month at
www.profitng.com
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Samiceman: 6:23am On Sep 21, 2014
ok, good for them

2 Likes

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Kayendy(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2014
I just dey pass
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by kingzjay(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2014
So?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by stano2(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Happy Sunday Nairaland!...i don't know wat else to comment..FP tins,Wow!! Gonna be a devine week ahead....plugs phone and dives back to bed..

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Nice one.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by kayce911(f): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Runs to church
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Daewoods(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2014
OK
Happy Sunday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.
My fellow Nairalanders. Pls wish me a happy birthday.

10 Likes

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Jarchi(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Naxo we they hear
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by DVMtuppence(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2014
h undecidedh m just .here to read comments
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Patrictemmy(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Nice

4 Likes

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by etochi11(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Always put God first.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Blaqsmith(m): 6:33am On Sep 21, 2014
searay: Blaqsmith never you stand on my way again
I stand in no one's way.

Would u peruse what exactly ur problem is?
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by IdomaLikita: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Nice

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by amaham(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2014
whether they raise it to level 14 entrance level, as long as the LGA gets spoon-fed by the state govt without it being autonomous, the will owe the drs till they leave frustrated . most state government can't pay conmess salary scale coz of corruption, it is now LG that will pay .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by ayusco85(m): 6:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Good time to be a doctor in nigeria
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Innodon(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Good for them
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Be right b!
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by timilehing(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2014
Employing more doctors without standard equipment?? I guess they'll be healing patients with prayer or perhaps, turn hospitals to healing school
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by nextdoor84(m): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Some fools that are not aware of what vet.medicine is, always mock the profession!! In the developed world vet.doctors are ranked above their human counterpart!! I always envy that profession just that it's the toughest course to study anywhere in the world!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by cegxie(m): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Its nice to read all these positive developments.. My own is the sooner the better. So that more medical personnel would reach the hard to reach areas.. May it not turn out to be another campaign promise ohh..
M watching with one eye closed and the other open sha...
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Aklofs: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2014
to consultants??
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by Gboliwe: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Hope they also have it in their plans to build more facilities in these villages so to say.

I have been on tour to about 4 or 5 LGs in the last two weeks in search of hospitals, I am so disappointed.

Where we manage to see a facility, its under lock and key like the health centre I saw in Akpajo- Eleme.
Re: FG To Raise Entry Point For Local Govt Doctors by searay(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2014
Blaqsmith: I stand in no one's way.

Would u peruse what exactly ur problem is?
Dear Mod Good morning and happy Sunday to you.
Kindly delete Blacqsmith post and push me forward and make me a demi god just like the doctors. I almost nail it.
Thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Man With Coronavirus Symptoms Collapses In Lagos (Video) / Ambode Declares Zero Tolerance For Infant Mortality / For Men: Man Power Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.