Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

The U.s Excuse And Our Security Forces' Rules Of Engagement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The U.s Excuse And Our Security Forces' Rules Of Engagement (428 Views)

#bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn / Security Forces Burst Boko Haram Intelligence Network / Boko Haram Members Are In Our Security Agencies- David Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The U.s Excuse And Our Security Forces' Rules Of Engagement by teemy(m): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2014
I was in Benin a few years ago at a crossroad leading to the popular ring road. A taxi car with a driver and two SSS agents wanted to get to ring road and then onward to the nearby SSS ofice. Guess they must have been in a hurry 'cos the agents got out and one of them pointed his very cool-looking gun at a driving across elderly citizen threathening to shoot him and ordered him to stop so they could cross the road first. They crossed and I saw what they had dangling from their taxi's boot and wondered with their just concluded performance what happened at their just concluded operation: the lifeless leg of a corpse.

In Ibadan at the burial of a friend at the public cemetary I noticed the gathering was apprehensive of a group of policemen who came to bury a body almost as if ...

Bama in the North, Odi down south and several other places have seen the WRATH of the men who are supposed to protectand serve them.
All security outfits work by a chain of command and if a process is repeated over and over without anyone being punished it means the head of the head of the head of the head is not giving any contrary order to stop the practice. We have for so long ran a system of not promoting the outstanding and elevating the less capable favoured in our society.

With that the military, police, SSS, Customs, Immigration, e.t.c personnel would not be afraid of carrying out nefarious activities as long as the
HEAD is okay with it or probably gave out that order.

True as I said here https://www.nairaland.com/1912032/nigeria-turns-russia-china-military/4#26465766 that the US has created an excuse that would see us weakened especially when BH insurgents are ransacking villages and killing people and denying us access to weapons which would have helped save and protect our citizens, we ourselves need to see that the excuse itself is not a false accusation. I did not closely follow the just concluded CONFAB and cannot say if there was any motion to end this long practice of the protectors being a threat to the protected. This practice was what gave fuel and cause to the current BH menace when Yusuf was killed in police custody and it was not looked into until the UN building got attacked.

Punish the offenders in a manner that the others get the message and do not because of favourism/affiliation create a slack in this policy. A simple solution.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Inaugurated As Ekiti Governor / Okupe: Jonathan’s Tenure ‘the Best Since 1960′ / PDP Has Merged With INEC- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.