Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956382 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 08, 2015
Yem0350:
Seems ARM Money market offers higher interest dan others. I jst check their price history.

I think Fbn yield is highest at 13.7 as at 5/7/15 while arm is 13.3

Note that yield is just one of the things to look at, you need to also compare management fees, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:38am On May 09, 2015
NairaQuest:

I think Fbn yield is highest at 13.7 as at 5/7/15 while arm is 13.3

Note that yield is just one of the things to look at, you need to also compare management fees, etc

Management fees are not so important to the best of my knowledge when comparing the rates (Yields value already has managment fee deducted)...I may be wrong but this is the way i look at it.

If say ARM makes 13.5% and their management fee is 1% that means i get a yield of say 12.5%. However, if StanbicIBTC makes 14% and have a management fee of 1.2% you will get a yield of about 12.8%. What I am trying to say in essense is the yield publicised already has the management fee deducted from it so why bother my head with what that fee is...what i just want to know is what gets to me. So a higher management fee which may deter you from picking a fund might actually be what the fund manager deserves for managing the fund properly (what is fair is fair...right?).

If there is a company out there that yields 15% but has a management fee of 5% (makes 20%)...will i pick it over the ARMs, Stanbics, FBNCaps ...yes I would
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2015
I hate to draw u guys back. I av 100k n want to get into Mutual funds investment. Am thinking of fbn just because of d name. How do I start? Some1 shld help
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 5:51pm On May 09, 2015
yak:
I hate to draw u guys back. I av 100k n want to get into Mutual funds investment. Am thinking of fbn just because of d name. How do I start? Some1 shld help
visit their website
Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 10:13pm On May 09, 2015
carpenter:

Management fees are not so important to the best of my knowledge when comparing the rates (Yields value already has managment fee deducted)...I may be wrong but this is the way i look at it.

If say ARM makes 13.5% and their management fee is 1% that means i get a yield of say 12.5%. However, if StanbicIBTC makes 14% and have a management fee of 1.2% you will get a yield of about 12.8%. What I am trying to say in essense is the yield publicised already has the management fee deducted from it so why bother my head with what that fee is...what i just want to know is what gets to me. So a higher management fee which may deter you from picking a fund might actually be what the fund manager deserves for managing the fund properly (what is fair is fair...right?).

If there is a company out there that yields 15% but has a management fee of 5% (makes 20%)...will i pick it over the ARMs, Stanbics, FBNCaps ...yes I would

You are partly right, I am not sure if the yield is net of fees or gross of fees though. I was however saying that one should look at the expense ratio as part of the decision variable when choosing mutual funds
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2015
yields are net of mgt fees. lets say my N1m naira in Stanbic ibtc money market fund of 35b. the yeild is 13.20% avaerage for a year. assuming they had nt taken d mgt fee of 1.5% charged on d total portfolio. d yeild wud be like 13.21 or 13.22%. also the interest rates are compounded. so 12% return for a year may acttually be 12.75%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:27am On May 11, 2015
yak:

Yak,
Read from page one to this page. Might seem a difficult task but you would be better for it to choose which fund manager you will like to get in bed with. For all I see, they are all selling the same wares at almost the same price but with a few differences. I may be choosing FBNCap for the same reason someone is choosing InvestmentOne or ARM or StanBic or whatever else is out there.

I will advice the Money Market Fund if you think you might need your Money in the next one month, if not you can choose any of the other ones. Please note also that just because the other funds (e.g. Fixed Income Fund, Heritage Fund...) may have a much higher "Holding Period", it doesn't mean you cannot collect your money in less than 90days or whatever their holding period is...it just means you lose some part of the profit made, your capital will be intact. More like paying a fine for cashing out earlier than agreed.

Please let us know when you join today, do not over think it!

Lastly, visit their websites...loads of information to read.

Enjoy
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2015
ednut1:
yields are net of mgt fees. lets say my N1m naira in Stanbic ibtc money market fund of 35b. the yeild is 13.20% avaerage for a year. assuming they had nt taken d mgt fee of 1.5% charged on d total portfolio. d yeild wud be like 13.21 or 13.22%. also the interest rates are compounded. so 12% return for a year may acttually be 12.75%

Exactly grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 11, 2015
Which funds have had the greatest increase in yield or has the yield been static over time?
Re: Mutual Funds by GenoMI: 10:23pm On May 11, 2015
Hi @ednut1, thanks for all the info so far. Please can you confirm is there are any other fees associated with these mutual funds (I am particularly interested in the stanbic MMF). I understand that the given yield is already net of the mgmt fee, but are there any other associated fees, especially at the point of redemption? Thanks a lot
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 8:10am On May 12, 2015
GenoMI:
Hi @ednut1, thanks for all the info so far. Please can you confirm is there are any other fees associated with these mutual funds (I am particularly interested in the stanbic MMF). I understand that the given yield is already net of the mgmt fee, but are there any other associated fees, especially at the point of redemption? Thanks a lot
if you redeem before the 30 days holding period there is a handling charge, also d normal bank transfer fee applies for transfer to oda banks
Re: Mutual Funds by GenoMI: 7:06pm On May 13, 2015
Thanks a lot.
ednut1:
if you redeem before the 30 days holding period there is a handling charge, also d normal bank transfer fee applies for transfer to oda banks
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2015
carpenter:

Yak,
Read from page one to this page. Might seem a difficult task but you would be better for it to choose which fund manager you will like to get in bed with. For all I see, they are all selling the same wares at almost the same price but with a few differences. I may be choosing FBNCap for the same reason someone is choosing InvestmentOne or ARM or StanBic or whatever else is out there.

I will advice the Money Market Fund if you think you might need your Money in the next one month, if not you can choose any of the other ones. Please note also that just because the other funds (e.g. Fixed Income Fund, Heritage Fund...) may have a much higher "Holding Period", it doesn't mean you cannot collect your money in less than 90days or whatever their holding period is...it just means you lose some part of the profit made, your capital will be intact. More like paying a fine for cashing out earlier than agreed.

Please let us know when you join today, do not over think it!

Lastly, visit their websites...loads of information to read.

Enjoy
tnx man. U were so helpful
Re: Mutual Funds by TUNEX89(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2015
Pls can i put in like say 10.000 for a start ?
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2015
TUNEX89:
it depends on d mutual fund prospectus.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 30, 2015
TUNEX89:

Go to www.mutualfundsnugeria.com, click on mutual fund performance, it will take you to a page where you can click on each fund and on the fund overview tab you will see the characteristics of each fund including initial invest, subsequent investment etc
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 7:15pm On May 30, 2015
NairaQuest:

Go to www.mutualfundsnugeria.com, click on mutual fund performance, it will take you to a page where you can click on each fund and on the fund overview tab you will see the characteristics of each fund including initial invest, subsequent investment etc

Pls, don't c dis as an attack but a constructive criticism. Most of ur data on dat site r not upto date. I jst finish running a check on FBN, ARM and stanbic using their website and dat of SEC. Try n update ur site.
In summary, you have done a GREAT job on ur site.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 30, 2015
Yem0350:

Pls, don't c dis as an attack but a constructive criticism. Most of ur data on dat site r not upto date. I jst finish running a check on FBN, ARM and stanbic using their website and dat of SEC. Try n update ur site.
In summary, you have done a GREAT job on ur site.

Thanks for your observation. The latest data on the SEC is for May 22 and that is what I have. Yes, ARM and FBN has current data which I also have but not yet on the web site. The problem is that most of the mutual funds are valued weekly by the SEC, I wanted to make sure that the information I have ties with that of the SEC. I can start updating them on a daily basis but some of them will be having stale prices

Thank you for your commendation. I am still working to make it better and we will get there slowly but surely.
Re: Mutual Funds by segebobo: 8:46pm On May 31, 2015
ernie4life:

like you already know the rate for KGIF is tired to MPR, so long as MPR is currently at 13% then your KGIF will keep running at 13%.

it's your money so you are free to invest it where ever the yield will be more appealing to you, ARM funds have been quite stable in terms of yield.

Pls is there anyway one can monitor the performance of his money in investment1 KGIF.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2015
segebobo:

Pls is there anyway one can monitor the performance of his money in investment1 KGIF.

at any point in time we send you your account statement based on request at no charge, with this you can monitor the investment
Re: Mutual Funds by segebobo: 3:44am On Jun 04, 2015
ernie4life:

at any point in time we send you your account statement based on request at no charge, with this you can monitor the investment

Thanks bro
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2015
I just noticed a change in FBNCap MMF, the account number has changed and it now bears the name "FBNCapital/InvestmentOne" or something close to that. What's brewing Ernie?

By the way FBN Heritage Fund paid dividends last week, yield @ around 10% of current price.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2015
carpenter:
I just noticed a change in FBNCap MMF, the account number has changed and it now bears the name "FBNCapital/InvestmentOne" or something close to that. What's brewing Ernie?

By the way FBN Heritage Fund paid dividends last week, yield @ around 10% of current price.

.the wind of change is what is happening!!!
well by Monday I will have the right answers for that

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2015
ernie4life:

.the wind of change is what is happening!!!
well by Monday I will have the right answers for that

Okay O!
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
carpenter:

OK tried to do some digging today but didn't find anything
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
ernie4life:

bin a wyl Oga mi.... Blv thr is no cause for alarm stl sha
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:26am On Jun 16, 2015
taiwoliu:
bin a wyl Oga mi.... Blv thr is no cause for alarm stl sha

None oh,
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:37am On Jun 16, 2015
ernie4life:

Strange but okay as long as the money keeps coming. Maybe they are leveraging on something InvestmentOne does well tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.