Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959110 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:52am On Aug 05, 2023
hias2012:

I have been investing in money market, treasury bills and mid term notes. But recently only in mid term notes and money market. Mid term notes by investment One used to be so juicy particularly in those days when the interest rate was as high as 24%. It has drastically fallen now like others and far below inflation rate just like TB and Money Market Fund. I have signed up for Iman and Balanced funds by Stanbic IBTC just few days ago for trial. I'll have to watch it for a year and more. I know these are more long term, sufficient part of these funds is invested in stock, which is generally likely to rally into the new year ahead due to present economic realities - political outlook, etc (IMHO). What I have committed is trial amount as I am not certain of anything here as of yet. But our funds on MM is actually eroding away due to poor returns.

I want to know what are the opinions of experts in the house.

I stick a fraction of my fund to MMF, and use this like a very high interest saving account, for money I do not wish for use for at least 5-10years.

The other goes to buying indexes, Etfs and stocks. I do not believe in actively managed mutual funds like balance funds, imaan funds even though I had these accounts for a very short time.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tohmey(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

I stick a fraction of my fund to MMF, and use this like a very high interest saving account, for money I do not wish for use for at least 5-10years.

The other goes to buying indexes, Etfs and stocks. I do not believe in actively managed mutual funds like balance funds, imaan funds even though I had these accounts for a very short time.
Sir, which savings yield higher returns for fixed terms
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
VeeInsider:
Thanks for this. Regarding your last line, can you list good stocks that pay dividends and how often are the dividends paid?

I'm new to dividend paying stocks.

You can contact me through the numbers on my signature or go to the stocks thread for answers to such questions to avoid derailing this thread because here the discussion is supposed to be restricted to mutual funds. Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by VeeInsider: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Thanks. I understand.

emmasoft:

You can contact me through the numbers on my signature or go to the stocks thread for answers to such questions to avoid derailing this thread because here the discussion is supposed to be restricted to mutual funds. Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Yungmil: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2023
Don't stress yourself with mmf wahala

Just invest with opay 15 percent /annum

License by cbn and insured by Ndic
Re: Mutual Funds by adedayo77: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2023
Even pampay 20 percent /annum. But someone need to be very careful with all these platform.

Yungmil:
Don't
stress yourself with mmf wahala

Re: Mutual Funds by Chikebrain: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2023
Yungmil:
Don't stress yourself with mmf wahala

Except you are saving 300k and below, that's when opay is advisable

Re: Mutual Funds by Yungmil: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
adedayo77:
Even pampay 20 percent /annum. But someone need to be very careful with all these platform.

There are actually no difference between them and other banks they are both insured and license by Ndic and cbn respectively.

You can also lose money in both mmf and opay too.
Re: Mutual Funds by Yungmil: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
Chikebrain:

wow never knew this.
Re: Mutual Funds by hias2012(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
emmasoft:

Check my previous posts on fixed income fund particularly SFS fixed income fund which I'm involved in.

Most of the investors here tend to lean towards low-risk investment hence MMF is always discussed. Other funds like balance funds, growth funds, and equity funds carry more risk compared to MMF and fixed income hence most investors that will invest in such funds must have gained some confidence otherwise they remain with low-risk MMF. It's true that rates are low yet it's still better than leaving your money in a savings account. Remember it's a case of low-risk low returns and vice versa.

Another issue is the mode and duration of the returns on other funds, Some of them pay dividends once a year, and sometimes no dividends. The minimum holding periods of some of these funds apart from MMF are seen to be too long.

Personally, I advise my clients to invest directly in dividend-paying stocks instead of equity funds since it's practically the same risk involved.

Investing in equity fund is less risky than investing in stocks as an individual. The equity mix funds, particularly examples of those I had listed are split between money market and equity to further minimize the risks and with higher yields. Besides, you have experts managing same on your behalf. Fixed Income fund is basically not as yielding because it rides mainly on bonds, money markets, etc - hence it is called fixed income. There is actually no point investing on low income yielding investment these days except as a holding place in view of a major decision, and as opposed to savings in the bank. For someone like me with high risk aversion would readily settle for such mutual funds with history of satisfactory performance. So most saying invest in dividend stock should also advise that people look at these funds, which are a mix of equity and money market for the purpose of higher yield than money market alone. Especially here in this forum, where majority is like me - risk-averse investor.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
hias2012:

Investing in equity fund is less risky than investing in stocks as an individual. The equity mix funds, particularly examples of those I had listed are split between money market and equity to further minimize the risks and with higher yields. Besides, you have experts managing same on your behalf. Fixed Income fund is basically not as yielding because it rides mainly on bonds, money markets, etc - hence it is called fixed income. There is actually no point investing on low income yielding investment these days except as a holding place in view of a major decision, and as opposed to savings in the bank. For someone like me with high risk aversion would readily settle for such mutual funds with history of satisfactory performance. So most saying invest in dividend stock should also advise that people look at these funds, which are a mix of equity and money market for the purpose of higher yield than money market alone. Especially here in this forum, where majority is like me - risk-averse investor.

When you invest in an equity-based fund during a bearish market you will understand better why I said investing in dividend-paying stock directly is preferred. True you will be told it's less risky and managed by professionals but the fact is that it's the state of the market that determines the returns on equity-based funds. Whether professionals or novices the market has a mind of its own.
However, go with what you are more comfortable with.
Your strategy or investment objectives matter when it comes to investing.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
emmasoft:

When you invest in equity based fund during bearish market you will understand better why I said investing in dividend paying stock directly is preferred. True you will be told it's less risky and managed by professionals but the fact is that its the state of the market that determines the returns on equity based fund. Whether professionals or novice the market has a mind of its own.
However, go with what you are more comfortable with.
Your strategy or investment objectives matters when it comes to investing.

Stocks in our market do not follow any fundamentals. You will see a stock that has not moved for more than 10years and because of a bull market, it starts moving everyday without any information of any change in fundamentals. Before you know it, rookies will be sucked in and the so called professionals that triggered the artificial movement will dump on them and move on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
freeman67:

In addition, the USD is to be transferred from an off shore account as there is restriction on transfer from one Nigeria Dorm Account to another. Also, cash deposits into an investment accounts is not allow.
In the case of liquidation of investment, does it imply that one can only liquidate into an offshore account? Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
seyisanya:
In the case of liquidation of investment, does it imply that one can only liquidate into an offshore account? Thanks!

I only liquidated once back in the days when everything was still ok to my dorm account. I don't think anything would have changed sha.
Re: Mutual Funds by Gvstavo: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please what's the current yield per annum for stanbic mmf?
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Gvstavo:
Please what's the current yield per annum for stanbic mmf?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by narite: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2023
Yungmil:
wow never knew this.
Funny, you have not use what you are promoting.
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Mutual Funds by Yungmil: 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
narite:

Funny, you have not use what you are promoting.
Funny am not promoting it!!! Just a suggestion.
Re: Mutual Funds by vinmayo(m): 4:01am On Aug 15, 2023
Chikebrain:

It's actually on <= 100k balance not 300k anymore. The 300k was old news
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dollar Mutual Fund
A dollar mutual fund of 12.13% is available at Norrenberger Asset Management.

Get in touch with my displayed contacts.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
emmasoft:

Dollar Mutual Fund
A dollar mutual fund of 12.13% is available at Norrenberger Asset Management.

Get in touch with my displayed contacts.

Net or gross
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
ernie4life:

Net or gross

It's net
Re: Mutual Funds by RayRay06677(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
emmasoft:

It's net

how solid is this our firm
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
RayRay06677:

how solid is this our firm

You can check them out.
It's SEC regulated. They are the ones that bought international energy insurance.
Re: Mutual Funds by Damilola72(f): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Good evening
Please what is the process of topping up the Stanbic ibtc account now
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
See the attached from Norrenberger capital and asset Management.

Get in touch to start investing in MMF, Dollar fund etc.

Call/chat with my displayed contacts on the signature.

PS: Please note that the quoted rates are gross, not net as was informed earlier. I just got this clarity from the team in charge.
Thank you.

Re: Mutual Funds by simplebb: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
emmasoft:

Nice one
Please how reliable are these guys ?

It’s not only about the high rates, investors confidence also matters
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
simplebb:

Nice one
Please how reliable are these guys ?

It’s not only about the high rates, investors confidence also matters

Reliable like the ones you already know. Norrenberger have interest in asset management, insurance, stocks etc. They are SEC regulated, before I could post it here I have also done my dd moreover as a matter of principle and investment decorum I don't represent or do business with unregulated firms.
You can reach out to me if you need further clarification.
Re: Mutual Funds by newreality: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
I dey about to run away from anything with dz company name. I've been trading stocks through them for some time now, I hardly get information about the amount a stock is bought or sold on my behalf except I asked & it will take them weeks to respond & God blessed them with a good lady that always answer call when body do her , she go talk down on person always making person feel sad for even calling to seek information.

emmasoft:

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
newreality:
I dey about to run away from anything with dz company name. I've been trading stocks through them for some time now, I hardly get information about the amount a stock is bought or sold on my behalf except I asked & it will take them weeks to respond & God blessed them with a good lady that always answer call when body do her , she go talk down on person always making person feel sad for even calling to seek information.

Sorry about that. Things are getting improved. However, I will relate your feedback to the appropriate authority

I am actually in the mutual fund segment that is what I sell for them. I can assure you u will have a good experience. I will personally make sure that happens.
Re: Mutual Funds by Batman2412(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
What do you guys think about 15% Fixed income fund of DLM Asset management? It's SEC regulated with fund size of just N5billion. The big guys like Stanbic, united capital, FBN quest are causing me lotsa grief with rates way lower than MPR and inflation

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.