Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956896 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 10:11am On Mar 23
NL1960:

Shuooo. Stanbic don reach 14.67%?. That means i don see money be that for April School resumption bills. grin cheesy.
No be small thing sir. I was surprised too when I saw it on their website, and it may likely increase more.
One thing I like about Stanbic MMF is the monthly reinvestment.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:58am On Mar 23
NL1960:

Shuooo. Stanbic don reach 14.67%?. That means i don see money be that for April School resumption bills. grin cheesy.

Na so o. With the current MPR and Tbills rate, any new revalution and investment in the underlying assets will always have positive effects on MMF rates.
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 7:06am On Mar 26
emmasoft:

That is why I said though they can give value also but you must be vigilant especially equity funds.
It's just like buying stocks directly. If you have the patient on the long run you can get value.

Like you said and I normally advice my clients if you are new in investment world, it's always better to start with MMF and fixed income funds. That is not to say balance or equity funds are bad investments.
The most important thing is to know your risk tolerance and stick to it and don't allow the euphoria of the market influence you so much as to ignore your risk tolerance no matter the gains a risky investment promise to give
Mr Emma, you seem knowledgeable in this matter.

I still hold my stanbic mmf investment from 5 years ago but now looking to top up.

Is there any such thing as top up limit l means the maximum amount of money one can invest. I just prefer mmf because it's risk conservative and not aggressive.

Something else — I haven't top up via app before, How long does it take for fund to reflect on MMF balance when top up is done via app?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:59am On Mar 26
A305:
Mr Emma, you seem knowledgeable in this matter.

I still hold my stanbic mmf investment from 5 years ago but now looking to top up.

Is there any such thing as top up limit l means the maximum amount of money one can invest. I just prefer mmf because it's risk conservative and not aggressive.

Something else — I haven't top up via app before, How long does it take for fund to reflect on MMF balance when top up is done via app?

There is no limit to top up of your account.
Except the limit from your own bank.

For quick and same day value of your top up, kindly use your bank app, Internet banking or make the transfer from banking hall to the UBA collection account of the fund.

Any top up done using the stanbic app ie your ATM card, it takes two working days for your money to reflect on your account.
Re: Mutual Funds by A305: 8:20am On Mar 26
emmasoft:

There is no limit to top up of your account.
Except the limit from your own bank.

For quick and same day value of your top up, kindly use your bank app, Internet banking or make the transfer from banking hall to the UBA collection account of the fund.

Any top up done using the stanbic app ie your ATM card, it takes two working days for your money to reflect on your account.

Thanks for your reply boss.

I will reach out to you via Whatsapp to assist with dollar based investment as well.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 8:41am On Mar 26
A305:
Thanks for your reply boss.

I will reach out to you via Whatsapp to assist with dollar based investment as well.

Do not forget to use your e-account as reference or description as that makes it easier to quickly get value.
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 3:32pm On Mar 26
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) held their second meeting of the year where they voted to:

- Raise monetary policy rate (MPR) by 200bps to 24.75%.
- Adjust the Asymmetric corridor around the MPR from +100/-700bps to +100/-300bps.
- Maintain the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of Commercial banks at 45.00%.
- Adjust the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of Merchant banks from 10.00% to 14.00%.
- Maintain the Liquidity Ratio at 30.00%.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 6:54pm On Mar 26
Abeg is my capital preserved in dollar mutual funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26
Tracyy122:
Abeg is my capital preserved in dollar mutual funds?

Yes
Re: Mutual Funds by keeper303: 12:08am On Mar 27
emmanuelewumi:

Yes

Long time sir. How are you doing? I have missed your insightful analysis here 👍
Re: Mutual Funds by ebner70(m): 1:47am On Mar 27
Make daily money from the comfort of your house using only ur smart phone and data.

Join IAS, u can join as an intern for trial 4 days to learn.

Chat me on whats app on zero eight zero three eight one eight one two five two, i will teach and coach u for free.

https://www.dreammobilework.net/index/my/register/recommend/5669806.html
Re: Mutual Funds by Oyindamolah: 5:21pm On Mar 29
NL1960:
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) held their second meeting of the year where they voted to:

- Raise monetary policy rate (MPR) by 200bps to 24.75%.
- Adjust the Asymmetric corridor around the MPR from +100/-700bps to +100/-300bps.
- Maintain the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of Commercial banks at 45.00%.
- Adjust the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of Merchant banks from 10.00% to 14.00%.
- Maintain the Liquidity Ratio at 30.00%.
What's the implications
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 5:58pm On Mar 29
Oyindamolah:
What's the implications

Saw a writeup on the implication. Will need to search for it.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 5:49pm On Mar 30
Please l credited my account since Thursday and the money is yet to reflect on my account.

What should l do? I am new to this investment thing
Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 5:49pm On Mar 30
Please l credited my account since Thursday and the money is yet to reflect on my account.

What should l do? I am new to this investment thing . Stanbic ibtc MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by enque(f): 6:12pm On Mar 30
if the credit was done after 12pm, then you'd get value on Tuesday morning.
cut-off time for same day settlement of stanbic mmf is 12noon, any payments after 12 reflect on the next working day.

Tracyy122:

What should l do? I am new to this investment thing . Stanbic ibtc MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 7:20pm On Mar 30
enque:
cut-off time for same day settlement of stanbic mmf is 12noon, any payments after 12 reflect on the next working day.

Perfect
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:51pm On Mar 30
Tracyy122:

What should l do? I am new to this investment thing

I did same too and it wasn't credited. I have sent them a mail hopefully it will be done on Tuesday. I will just leave this to end of the month activities.

The truth is that Stanbic will just do this and stylish chop of 4 days interest on that money. I sent the money about 9:15.am.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:53pm On Mar 30
enque:

I did before 10:00. Infact, same thing happened to me in December.
Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 10:55pm On Mar 30
enque:

Thank you so much for this response

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Meerahbel: 8:27am On Mar 31
Happy Easter!
Which organization has the best MMF rate currently? @emmasoft

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Plus10(m): 8:47am On Apr 02
What's happening to stanbic mmf , my daily return has not been updated since last week Thursday .Is anyone facing thesame challenge?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:52am On Apr 02
Plus10:
What's happening to stanbic mmf , my daily return has not been updated since last week Thursday .Is anyone facing thesame challenge?

There is no challenge, end of quarter things.
For those who opted for reinvestment, accrued interest have been reinvested.
All accrued interest from 1st till date will be posted soon.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:04am On Apr 02
Meerahbel:
Happy Easter!
Which organization has the best MMF rate currently? @emmasoft

This is a very wide question. I can only give you the firms I represent.
Stanbic 15.55%.
SFS fixed income 14.02%
Norrenberger is 16.18% gross

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 10:55am On Apr 02
Can l change the instructions l gave when l open the account ( That's opt for reinvestment of accrued interest instead of it being payed to my account?
Also, do l get taxed on my accrued interest?
emmasoft:

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:12am On Apr 02
Tracyy122:
Can l change the instructions l gave when l open the account ( That's opt for reinvestment of accrued interest instead of it being payed to my account?
Also, do l get taxed on my accrued interest?

You can change your instruction as per your accrued interest utilization. Send a mail to customer care to that effect.
Accrued interest on MMF is tax-free.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Solution101: 11:35am On Apr 02
emmasoft:

Reinvestment of interest is done at the end of every month.
Payment of interest to customers' bank accounts is done at the end of every quarter.

Pls do you mean eg if my capital is 10,000 and my interest for the month is 2000 that for the new month, it will automatically be counted as 12,000 as reinvested fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by Plus10(m): 11:51am On Apr 02
emmasoft:

Ok thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02
[quote author=Solution101 post=129229855]

Pls do you mean eg if my capital is 10,000 and my interest for the month is 2000 that for the new month, it will automatically be counted as 12,000 as reinvested fund? [/quote

Yes. From the 1st of the new month/Quarter, interest will be calculated on 12,000 and the circle continues even if you didn’t top up.
Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 4:35pm On Apr 02
Abeg o, it's past 4pm on Tuesday and the money is yet to reflect. Should l be worried?
freeman67:

I did before 10:00. Infact, same thing happened to me in December.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 5:57pm On Apr 02
Tracyy122:
Abeg o, it's past 4pm on Tuesday and the money is yet to reflect. Should l be worried?

I have actually called them about mine today and I was told that maybe the money didn't drop before the end of Thursday that's why it wasn't credited that I should wait till the end of the day. So I am in same situation as you. No cause for alarm. Just that about 5 days interest is what they are stylishly chopping off.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tracyy122: 6:28pm On Apr 02
Ok
freeman67:

I have actually called them about mine today and I was told that maybe the money didn't drop before the end of Thursday that's why it wasn't credited that I should wait till the end of the day. So I am in same situation as you. No cause for alarm. Just that about 5 days interest is what they are stylishly chopping off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.