Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956441 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by teegurl02: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
FrankTalk1:
I have MMF account with stanbic IBTC, If I want to also diversify into other types of mutual funds like Balance fund, equity funds etc, do I need to open a new mutual fund account for each of the type of mutual fund or can the various fund types be linked together to the existing mutual fund account I have with them?

You don't need to open a new mutual fund account . Just log into your existing mutual fund account , there is a link that says buy mutual funds, click and it will take you to other types of mutual fund you can subscribe to. You can finish the entire transaction online and you'll get an email that effect. Hope that helps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by ositadima1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hi, is there any mutual funds that invests in foreign stocks like the USA stock market? Is it even possible to invest in a foreign stock market from Nigeria?
Re: Mutual Funds by FrankTalk1: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
teegurl02:

You don't need to open a new mutual fund account . Just log into your existing mutual fund account , there is a link that says buy mutual funds, click and it will take you to other types of mutual fund you can subscribe to. You can finish the entire transaction online and you'll get an email that effect. Hope that helps
Thanks a lot.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
ositadima1:
Hi, is there any mutual funds that invests in foreign stocks like the USA stock market? Is it even possible to invest in a foreign stock market from Nigeria?

Yes it's possible, just find a dealer who deals in foreign stocks
Re: Mutual Funds by elijah101(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
elijah101:
Can One do a top up into His or her Stanbic MMF account on weekends
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Lol. This is not MMM O! Mutual Funds and Treasury Bills are the best. They're not MMM O! In addition, nobody lose their money, the delay can never result to investors not getting their money. It has never happened and it will never happen. So et your fact right O! We only complained of slow communication and its normal. Don't even compare MMF to MMM
i didn't
Re: Mutual Funds by elijah101(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
Somebody should anwser me na
elijah101:
Re: Mutual Funds by Dayhor: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
elijah101:

Weekend topups are unitized on the following working day (Wednesday 27th, in this instance).
Re: Mutual Funds by ositadima1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hi, can some one live off dividends from stocks? On average what is the dividend yield as a percentage of investment? I guess if I had 10 millions in a good stock, yearly return may not be enough to live on. undecided
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
ositadima1:
Hi, can some one live off dividends from stocks? On average what is the dividend yield as a percentage of investment? I guess if I had 10 millions in a good stock, yearly return may not be enough to live on. undecided

You mean having like 10 Million Naira on Mutual Funds like ( Money Market Fund ) ?
Re: Mutual Funds by ositadima1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You mean having like 10 Million Naira on Mutual Funds like ( Money Market Fund ) ?

Yes sir, would it be a good idea
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 6:45am On Dec 25, 2017
Happy Christ Mass!
And a Saviour was born on a day like this.. Pa Rum Pam Pam Pam!

remember my signature
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 6:48am On Dec 25, 2017
ositadima1:

Yes sir, would it be a good idea
at the current rates..

you will earning about 100k monthly thats 1%..

if that sounds good to you..then do it!

you capital remains safe and you can earn that for life (only when rates go below 12% will you earn less)

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Adayoung(f): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2017
Good day guys
i want to invest in mmf
pls advice how good is Stanbic Ibtc mmf and what is their interest rate or is their any other investment establishment with better rates ?
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 5:15am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year 2018!!!
i wish God's Favour althrough this year!
...with love DD
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18am On Jan 01, 2018
ositadima1:

People live on dividends, it depends on how long you have been investing and reinvesting.

N10 million should give you a dividend of between 500k to 1.2 million depending on the stock, you also have the possibility of earning between 0% to 200% capital appreciation.
It is a knowledge based investment, and one needs to be informed and knowledgeable about finance, economy, business, entrepreneurship, political economy, management, strategy, management etc.

I recommend naira cost averaging and equity mutual funds for newbies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by confluence: 11:40am On Jan 01, 2018
Hello sir, happy new year
What do you mean by this statement +234 705 877 4815
emmanuelewumi:

People live on dividends, it depends on how long you have been investing and reinvesting.

N10 million should give you a dividend of between 500k to 1.2 million depending on the stock, you also have the possibility of earning between 0% to 200% capital appreciation.
It is a knowledge based investment, and one needs to be informed and knowledgeable about finance, economy, business, entrepreneurship, political economy, management, strategy, management etc.

Re: Mutual Funds by confluence: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by GaussS: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
Read all 56 pages wow.

I started stanbic MMF since May 2016. I was just adding up the gains and saw I have had up to 200k in gains. So happy as I never really use to have a good savings culture but the MMF platform has really helped as I top up monthly. Really thinking I can start taking little risk soon. What other stanbic mutual fund provides some measure of capital preservation (say 75%)

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
confluence:
Hello sir, happy new year
What do you mean by this statement +234 705 877 4815

The answer was directed to the guy who wanted to live on the returns from his stock market investment, that was why I recommended equity mutual fund to starters.

You can google dollar cost averaging or naira cost averaging.
Re: Mutual Funds by Mup4life: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
Pls anybody noticed that stanbic did not update profits for the 2weekends and 2 public holiday accrued, but udated the payment for today?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by confluence: 3:03am On Jan 04, 2018
Thank you sir for the heads up
emmanuelewumi:

The answer was directed to the guy who wanted to live on the returns from his stock market investment, that was why I recommended equity mutual fund to starters.

You can google dollar cost averaging or naira cost averaging.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2018
OK. So registered for Stanbic MMF just December last year.
But I'm trying to redeem some funds due to some pressing need, but it says I can't redeem funds now.
What do I do please?
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 10:13am On Jan 04, 2018
So I opened the online account for stanbix mmf....

The terms and conditions stated that I cannot do pass 250k, and I made the necessary payment using the quickteller/interswitch platform.

What is the next step to take please
Re: Mutual Funds by texas1(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2018
Ugosample:

The terms and conditions stated that I cannot do pass 250k, and I made the necessary payment using the quickteller/interswitch platform.

That is true. If you want to go higher than 200-250k, you need to visit any of their branch with means of identification and complete the KYC process.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2018
IamZod:
But I'm trying to redeem some funds due to some pressing need, but it says I can't redeem funds now.
What do I do please?

I guess you have to wait 30 days

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by kaikubura: 10:27am On Jan 04, 2018
Ugosample:

Please, how do you go about opening the online account?
Kindly post the link. Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by theSpark(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2018
Hi guys, just opened my account too with stanbic. Looking forward to a profiting journey.
Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2018
IamZod:
What do I do please?

U have to wait for 30days or redeem with penalty
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2018
Kemade2007:

U have to wait for 30days or redeem with penalty
Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by chukwuwike2ny(m): 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Get #90k monthly with just #600k Investment

Get a total of 15% (10% Principal + 5% ROI) every month for 10months.(150% in 10months. with #600k investment you get a total of #90k every month for 10months. #900k)

Investors fund will be used to part-finance the purchase of Volkswagen T4 buses for commercial transportation along Ajah/lekki/CMS/Obalende Route and/or some paylater schemes of the ICVOW Association.

For more information: click2ny@gmail.com
08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
texas1:

That is true. If you want to go higher than 200-250k, you need to visit any of their branch with means of identification and complete the KYC process.

okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.