Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960339 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2018
anori:

You know balanced fund is a long term instrument. You will usually see a depreciation in first months before an appreciation. You need to eave it in for at east 5 years for good profits.

i see
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
RalphVwede:

It has not been resolved. Went to the bank again to explain the whole thing, I was asked my mobile number, then they confirmed my name and promised I will get a mail or sms containing the details. Till now, no mail/sms
they do have to use your correct phone and email..
just wait a bit and see..
not much else we can do right now.

but can you log in with the default password?
Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
RealityShot:
they do have to use your correct phone and email..
just wait a bit and see..
not much else we can do right now.

but can you log in with the default password?
I've been patient. What's the default password?

P. S: I didn't start anything on the app, I opened and started the fund at the bank. No login details till now except the first password (connected to the wrong email address) that I received.
Re: Mutual Funds by megacontrol(m): 5:30am On Mar 01, 2018
@Solace5
Go to their website
Click the "contact us" tab
Copy email address,send them an inquiry email and they will respond with registration forms

OR just locate the registration page on the site and create your account yourself

then you can upload all doc - ID, passport photograph, utility bill etc
they'll confirm and activate your account
then you can transfer money into your AXA MMF account via the account number they'll provide for you.

i never stepped into their office or bank and got all these done in a few days

[quote author=Solace5 post=65438805][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by MrHighSea: 8:29am On Mar 01, 2018
May I'll run Stanbic Ibtc mmf and these Axamansard mmf guys simultaneously.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2018
MrHighSea:
May I'll run Stanbic Ibtc mmf and these Axamansard mmf guys simultaneously.

Mansard_16.07 and Stanbic_14.92 as of this morning/yesterday

If I were you, I'll pull my funds together and invest in just one of them.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2018
rationalmind:

Mansard rates look good at 16.07%
but the question we are yet to ask is if its net or gross, because if its gross and there charges is 1.5% that means the effective rate is 14.57%
so can anybody confirm if its gross or net.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2018
ernie4life:

but the question we are yet to ask is if its net or gross, because if its gross and there charges is 1.5% that means the effective rate is 14.57%

All these yields displayed on FMAN are gross-of-fees. Do you have data about the expense ratios of the various MMFs?

I think they all cluster around 1.5-2%. Hence, you can make a fair comparison from the gross rates.
Re: Mutual Funds by Solace5: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=megacontrol post=65458808]@Solace5
Go to their website
Click the "contact us" tab
Copy email address,send them an inquiry email and they will respond with registration forms

OR just locate the registration page on the site and create your account yourself

then you can upload all doc - ID, passport photograph, utility bill etc
they'll confirm and activate your account
then you can transfer money into your AXA MMF account via the account number they'll provide for you.

i never stepped into their office or bank and got all these done in a few days

Thanks megacontrol, I'll do just that.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
RalphVwede:

I've been patient. What's the default password?

P. S: I didn't start anything on the app, I opened and started the fund at the bank. No login details till now except the first password (connected to the wrong email address) that I received.

any good up dates today?
perhaps you can write to customer care..
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

All these yields displayed on FMAN are gross-of-fees. Do you have data about the expense ratios of the various MMFs?

I think they all cluster around 1.5-2%. Hence, you can make a fair comparison from the gross rates.
Not all are gross
Re: Mutual Funds by megacontrol(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
How to confirm that?
And comparing Stanbic vs AXA at current rates stated previously, is either of them quoting net rates?

ernie4life:

Not all are gross

rationalmind:

Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
ernie4life:

Got this from stanbic

Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
RealityShot:

any good up dates today?
No update. I'll need to take out time to go and sit down with the lady at the bank on Monday till it's done. This is almost a month now. It all stems from her mistake.
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
RalphVwede:

No update. I'll need to take out time to go and sit down with the lady at the bank on Monday till it's done. This is almost a month now. It all stems from her mistake.

Good thing about it is that your fund is already growing with them and you will receive value for the one month spent waiting for the details... Investment starts counting from the day you deposit the fund..
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
Kemade2007:

Got this from stanbic
Nice that's stanbic, can we also confirm with other houses to be sure theirs also net

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
dadebayo1:

Good thing about it is that your fund is already growing with them and you will receive value for the one month spent waiting for the details... Investment starts counting from the day you deposit the fund..
Yes and that's why I'm a bit calm. Although I should be able to view my funds. As it is right now, I can't even withdraw or increase my investment.

Thank you for your time and concern.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
ernie4life:

Nice that's stanbic, can we also confirm with other houses to be sure theirs also net

Mansard is also net of fees, just confirmed.

Cc: Megacontrol
Re: Mutual Funds by Kemade2007(f): 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
cool cool
rationalmind:

Re: Mutual Funds by megacontrol(m): 6:20am On Mar 05, 2018
Seen. thanks.

rationalmind:

Re: Mutual Funds by RalphVwede(m): 9:54am On Mar 05, 2018
RealityShot:

any good up dates today?
It has been resolved.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Redbishop(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
good evening house,please i want to know if the dividend(percent)is annual or monthly?i.e i invested 100k in stanbic,will i get 15k(15percent)at the end of the month or at the end of the year?thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by cybertek(m): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
Redbishop:
good evening house,please i want to know if the dividend(percent)is annual or monthly?i.e i invested 100k in stanbic,will i get 15k(15percent)at the end of the month or at the end of the year?thanks

Year
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 6:26am On Mar 06, 2018
Redbishop:

At the end of the year... But the money is credited daily based on calculation.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2018
Redbishop:

Note : interest rate is not constant; it fluctuates. If its MMF your interest is credited daily except weekend where you will have to wait for it to be credited on Monday morning.
Re: Mutual Funds by edisoncash: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
Please house how does the compound interest work on mmf with stabic ibtc bank
Re: Mutual Funds by belcom10(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
i want to invest in stanbic money market, how can i go about it
Re: Mutual Funds by MacShiff: 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
belcom10:
i want to invest in stanbic money market, how can i go about it

Download the Stanbic ibtc mobile App from your App store, follow the steps and sign up.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2018
To open any account with Investment One kindly use the link below

https://www.investment-one.com/new-account/?ref=0000616410
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2018
It works like normal compound interest. Nothing special.

edisoncash:
Please house how does the compound interest work on mmf with stabic ibtc bank
Re: Mutual Funds by Me4bas: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good evening, pls I need clarification. You said interest are credited daily. If it's 15% for example, does that mean 15% of the amount I invested is credited daily or what?

freeman67:

Note : interest rate is not constant; it fluctuates. If its MMF your interest is credited daily except weekend where you will have to wait for it to be credited on Monday morning.
Re: Mutual Funds by prestige2013: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Me4bas:
Good evening, pls I need clarification. You said interest are credited daily. If it's 15% for example, does that mean 15% of the amount I invested is credited daily or what?

Nope
15%

15 divided by (100* 365) multiply by ur Principal

15/(100*365) * ur Amt = Daily profit

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.