Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960755 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 10:22am On May 22, 2018
Harddiskng:

I was actually waiting for this grin if you are a staff, please fix-up your services.

Thank God for your ability to read, oya come lets read it together. (See screenshot).

5 days is for Paper redemption, you can call their customer service to verify. If you are a staff, I am sure you know this already.

NB: Have a strong inbuilt bullshit detector. Never mistake an excuse with an explanation tongue

I think you are the person that lacked the understanding of what you just posted. It is clearly stated as the first point that redemption is within 5 business days.
Re: Mutual Funds by Harddiskng(m): 11:18am On May 22, 2018
freeman67:

I think you are the person that lacked the understanding of what you just posted. It is clearly stated as the first point that redemption is within 5 business days.

Its not a crime to lack understanding at a point, remaining ignorant should be a crime.

If you read my later post, you would see where i stated something about placing a call to customer-care to seek clarification.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 12:10pm On May 22, 2018
Harddiskng:

Its not a crime to lack understanding at a point, remaining ignorant should be a crime.

If you read my later post, you would see where i stated something about placing a call to customer-care to seek clarification.

Sorry I just responded to your message immediately I saw it. I didn't mean it's an offence in anyway. I was just trying to point out that your were ignoring the first point in the screenshot which is very vital.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 4:48pm On May 22, 2018
yak:

I disagree with ur hashtag. we can't do the mistake of 2015 again
what was the mistake?
Why do you disagree please?
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2018
RealityShot:
what was the mistake? Why do you disagree please?
not just anybody. we will profile all of them n choose the best for the job

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:42am On May 24, 2018
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I tried redeeming my money online with stanbicibtc this morning and its saying i have to leave a minimum of 5k in the account. I need the money urgently and i need all of it. I don't mind closing the mutual funds account because ko pay at all. how do i go about redeeming all the money out?do i have to go to a branch? Please help.
Re: Mutual Funds by cybertek(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2018
bolarinnwa:
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I tried redeeming my money online with stanbicibtc this morning and its saying i have to leave a minimum of 5k in the account. I need the money urgently and i need all of it. I don't mind closing the mutual funds account because ko pay at all. how do i go about redeeming all the money out?do i have to go to a branch? Please help.

Try the app.. u will be able to withdraw normal.. and u know u wont get alert immediately
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 24, 2018
the issue is not using the app. the issue is i want to remove all my money and its saying i have to leave a minimum od 5k in the account. i do
go about redeeming all the money in the mutual funds account.
cybertek:

Try the app.. u will be able to withdraw normal.. and u know u wont get alert immediately
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2018
House check out secondary market treasury bills rate below as at today and compare it with mmf rates, you will see mmf is still better

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 1:16pm On May 24, 2018
ernie4life:
House check out secondary market treasury bills rate below as at today and compare it with mmf rates, you will see mmf is still better
Kudos to you for dropping this. Kudos to our fund managers too for yet delivering yields above T-bills. MMFs are the best money market vehicles currently. Glad I'm in.
Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 1:21pm On May 24, 2018
ernie4life:

Can you upload the complete table?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 24, 2018
please help oo. i want to redeem all my funds from the mutual funds account. but it is requesting i leave a minimum of 5k. help biko
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:38pm On May 24, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Can you upload the complete table?

Thanks

Here you go

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by francdec4(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2018
Is it better than the balance funds or fbn smart beta and other equities? Just asking to have an idea.

awesomeJ:

Kudos to you for dropping this. Kudos to our fund managers too for yet delivering yields above T-bills. MMFs are the best money market vehicles currently. Glad I'm in.
Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2018
francdec4:
Is it better than the balance funds or fbn smart beta and other equities? Just asking to have an idea.

From Feb 1 to date, I don't think there's any equity fund in Nigeria that has returned half as much as the average MMF. As a matter of fact, most are trading at losses from their Jan end prices.

balanced funds are often a mix of bonds and equities. so I expect their performance to lag MMF still.

For bond funds, I am expecting them to have better performance than MMFs.

These are my views.
Re: Mutual Funds by francdec4(m): 9:06pm On May 24, 2018
Thank you for sharing awesomeJ. Well appreciated.

awesomeJ:

From Feb 1 to date, I don't think there's any equity fund in Nigeria that has returned half as much as the average MMF. As a matter of fact, most are trading at losses from their Jan end prices.

balanced funds are often a mix of bonds and equities. so I expect their performance to lag MMF still.

For bond funds, I am expecting them to have better performance than MMFs.

These are my views.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 11:33pm On May 24, 2018
yak:

not just anybody. we will profile all of them n choose the best for the job
sure!
But from among the ones provided excluding bubu
Re: Mutual Funds by DawnEden(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2018
carpenter:

At a conservative rate of 10% per annum averagely, you will get 2500 naira.

Average rate: 10
Number of months in a year: 12
Amount: 100,000
months to calculate: 3

Dividend = {[(Average Rate/12)*months to calculate]%/100%}*amount invested

Dividend = {[(10/12)*3]%/100%}*100,000 = 2,500

Without a doubt the rates may vary from month to month but your final figure will be about that based on the present economic climate.
A month ago, I would have used 12% as the average rate.

Ok, what of if I decided to pay let say 10000 monthly into the mmf, how will the dividend be calculated every 3 months. Anybody in the house?
Re: Mutual Funds by awesomeJ(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2018
DawnEden:

Ok, what of if I decided to pay let say 10000 monthly into the mmf, how will the dividend be calculated every 3 months. Anybody in the house?
Let me use 12% because it's more straight forward, and still close to what most funds return.
You start with 100,000 and add 10,000 monthly,

Your first income would be 1,000 and it'll rise by 100 every month.
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 11:37am On May 28, 2018
A very good morning.

I have been a silent follower of this thread and must say you are doing a nice job (wont mention the names of my ogas that i crush on grin )

I am a TB fan and would still be (we all know why), but now i have raised my risk level (up to stock market for my children sha tongue ).

I just opened my MMF account (Thanks to all of you regular contributors kiss ) I don break the yoke of my village that dont want me to make money.

Now to my question of the day... is weekend included in the daily interest paid? (saw an increment in my account this morning cool )
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2018
irookie:
A very good morning.

I have been a silent follower of this thread and must say you are doing a nice job (wont mention the names of my ogas that i crush on grin )

I am a TB fan and would still be (we all know why), but now i have raised my risk level (up to stock market for my children sha tongue ).

I just opened my MMF account (Thanks to all of you regular contributors kiss ) I don break the yoke of my village that dont want me to make money.

Now to my question of the day... is weekend included in the daily interest paid? (saw an increment in my account this morning cool )

yes it is

And welcome on board

You will get appreciation for each day
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 28, 2018
irookie:
A very good morning.

Hello irookie. Please which money market fund did you open and with which bank did you open it?
Re: Mutual Funds by chrysanthus07: 2:22pm On May 28, 2018
kneehighbootz:

Hello irookie. Please which money market fund did you open and with which bank did you open it?
kneehighbootz:

please I m a newbie..Have 150k 2 invest..whc bank will you advice? Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 28, 2018
chrysanthus07:

Invest 100k in treasury bills and then 50k in mutual funds.
I'm a newbie investor like you so do consult other experienced people.

Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Adayoung(f): 4:20pm On May 28, 2018
Good day house,I did topup in my mmf accout since Saturday and till now it has not been reflected in my mmf account. what should i do ?
Re: Mutual Funds by chrysanthus07: 6:17pm On May 28, 2018
kneehighbootz:

Invest 100k in treasury bills and then 50k in mutual funds.
I'm a newbie investor like you so do consult other experienced people.

Thank you.
thanks brother for the insight..most banks don't accept 100k for t Bills please whc bank does accept it? and whc bank will you advice me to invest in ?
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 8:53pm On May 28, 2018
Adayoung:
Good day house,I did topup in my mmf accout since Saturday and till now it has not been reflected in my mmf account. what should i do ?

Lol just chill they'd do it. I tried to switch funds from my money market to bond fund 6 days ago,it has still not reflected. It's sad that their service has gotten worse
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:59am On May 29, 2018
chrysanthus07:
thanks brother for the insight..most banks don't accept 100k for t Bills please whc bank does accept it? and whc bank will you advice me to invest in ?

Really? wow, please ask ernie40 for more information
Like I told you, I'm new to investing myself.
Re: Mutual Funds by lonelybol: 4:01am On May 29, 2018
Tty this site,its cashing out.you can make up to $150 per day by visiting pages.get paid by visiting pages
http:///ekEvs
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 6:04am On May 29, 2018
chrysanthus07:

Hi chrysanthus07

https://fman.com.ng/ can guide you (I dont want to advertise for the Fund managers grin )

Also this was my guide when i was selecting with lots of advice on this thread. https://nairametrics.com/top-5-mutual-funds-in-nigeria-as-at-march-29-2018/

I hope this helps and also remember that "Past performers of all the Fund managers is not a guarantee for future performance" , but i think one thing is certain (based on my findings, I hope I am right) MMF returns higher rates than TB.
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 6:11am On May 29, 2018
kneehighbootz:

As much as you asked a straight forward question, i wont give you a straight forward answer but will just guide you as i have been guided by Gurus here and it will enable you to know well who you have chosen to manage your funds.

https://fman.com.ng/ can guide you.

Also this was my guide when i was selecting with lots of advice on this thread. https://nairametrics.com/top-5-mutual-funds-in-nigeria-as-at-march-29-2018/

Note "Past performers of all the Fund managers is not a guarantee for future performance" , but i think one thing is certain (based on my findings, I hope I am right) MMF returns higher rates than TB.
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2018
Adayoung:

I would suggest you walk up to any of their branch, they will rectify it. You can as well call their customer care.
Also, try as much as possible to know your Account officer, you can get his or her mobile number and call when you have issues like this.

Hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.