Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956575 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Nusah09:
. Bros, help calculate that of balanced fund with 5.12%

Is that the actual returns for the balanced funds
Re: Mutual Funds by osasuwa011: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello wonderful people in nairaland,
Pls, I need you people's advise on issue pertaining to the shares I bought 11years ago.
I bought some(#20000 worth of) share with Fidelity Bank in the aforementioned years, apart from the certificate that was given to me, I have not really received dividends from them probably due to change of address. My question is; can I still reclaim all the dividends apportioned to me and if yes, how do I go about it. Would appreciate your candid advise, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by cybertek(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2018
osasuwa011:
Hello wonderful people in nairaland,
Pls, I need you people's advise on issue pertaining to the shares I bought 11years ago.
I bought some(#20000 worth of) share with Fidelity Bank in the aforementioned years, apart from the certificate that was given to me, I have not really received dividends from them probably due to change of address. My question is; can I still reclaim all the dividends apportioned to me and if yes, how do I go about it. Would appreciate your candid advise, thanks.
For 11 years you havent received anything and y didnt visit bank or contact them.. you can call their customer care, mail them or go to their bank.
Re: Mutual Funds by laular20(f): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
please like how much can I invest into pennystock and when is it likely to get the return on investment.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nusah09(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ugosample:

Is that the actual returns for the balanced funds
. Yes for investment one as of last month..
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nusah09:
. Yes for investment one as of last month..
Wow
I was thinking balanced funds will be doing like 10% sef grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Nusah09(m): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ugosample:

Wow

I was thinking balanced funds will be doing like 10% sef grin
cheesy bros Why u dey?
The rate might increase as time goes on.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nusah09:
cheesy bros Why u dey?
The rate might increase as time goes on.

Other investments of mine give more than 10% ; and the stock market would have given me much more

If not for some bearish stock on my portfokio

Maybe I'll join the bandwagon.

What is the minimum amount I can invest there
Re: Mutual Funds by Nusah09(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ugosample:

Other investments of mine give more than 10% ; and the stock market would have given me much more

If not for some bearish stock on my portfokio

Maybe I'll join the bandwagon.

What is the minimum amount I can invest there
. Well it is a long term investment, Vantage Balanced Fund. open an account with investment one minimum amount is N10,000 you can like their facebook page and ask question their customer service is ok. Used 28816 as your reference number. Read more on their website www.investment-one.com The good News is VBF invest in real estate, equity, money market F etc.
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nusah09:
. Bros, help calculate that of balanced fund with 5.12%

Substitute balanced fund figure into mmf figure.. But trust me the rate varies but will give you an idea
Re: Mutual Funds by Nusah09(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
dadebayo1:

Substitute balanced fund figure into mmf figure.. But trust me the rate varies but will give you an idea
. HOW
Re: Mutual Funds by Miders(m): 3:40am On Jun 12, 2018
Am not sure how these money market funds interests are applied, is it compounded with existing balance daily or just once on the initial capital annually? Which investment option would actually yield more returns within one year (365 days) in the two scenarios below.

a) Invest N1million in TB @12%, so as to use the interest of roughly 120k paid upfront to give my brother a monthly allowance of 10k for that year. At the end of one year from date of my investment which is the maturity date I get my initial capital back with no addition or subtraction.

b) Invest N1million in a Money Market Fund that yields an average of 12% P.A, withdraw only the 10k needed for my brother's upkeep every month till the end of that year. At the end of that year would i be left with exactly my initial capital, more than it or less than it? Am not sure because i dont know how the interest is applied considering my constant monthly withdrawal.

Gurus in the house please help analyse these scenarios if you know.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Fxmanager(m): 3:53am On Jun 12, 2018
Miders:
Am not sure how these money market funds interests are applied, is it compounded with existing balance daily or just once on the initial capital annually? Which investment option would actually yield more returns within one year (365 days) in the two scenarios below.

a) Invest N1million in TB @12%, so as to use the interest of roughly 120k paid upfront to give my brother a monthly allowance of 10k for that year. At the end of one year from date of my investment which is the maturity date I get my initial capital back with no addition or subtraction.

b) Invest N1million in a Money Market Fund that yields an average of 12% P.A, withdraw only the 10k needed for my brother's upkeep every month till the end of that year. At the end of that year would i be left with exactly my initial capital, more than it or less than it? Am not sure because i dont know how the interest is applied considering my constant monthly withdrawal.

We offer a currency portfolio management service where you create your personal international currency portfolio and we managed it for you with a target of an average 10%+ monthly return to you after deduction of performance fees. Your currency portfolio will be set up under a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial brokerage firm. Visit our website in our profile signature for more details.
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 8:29am On Jun 12, 2018
1) Based on the two scenario, the TB option is better plus ignore the guy above me who has not answered your question.

Miders:

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 8:59am On Jun 12, 2018
elothaddi:
1) Based on the two scenario, the TB option is better plus ignore the guy above me who has not answered your question.

u said my mind. hope tb is upto 12%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2018
Miders:

Hi Miders,

I am a novice investor like you, but based on the little experience i have, MMF has been doing above TB (as your funds are being invested in TB's, FGN Bonds, etc) over the years. And also have it at the back of your mind that you can reinvest your interest and MMF is free of withholding tax. Also MMF comes with some bonuses like dividends (i know for IBTC MMF,i dont know how they calculate that) apart from the interest.

So I believe the MMF Will do better over the one year period.

I am actually doing a personal research on that, I have a TB I bought at 11% per annum (365 days tenure), I reinvested the upfront payment for another 1 year tenure, use the 2nd upfront to invest in MMF and also run a MMF with same amount. As at the moment the MMF is performing better and still have another 10 months to get know the outcome.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Miders(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2018
elothaddi:

Why do you say the TB option is better? Are you saying at the end of one year the investment in the money market fund will return less than my capital of N1million due to the monthly withdrawal of 10k?
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miders:

Why do you say the TB option is better? Are you saying at the end of one year the investment in the money market fund will return less than my capital of N1million due to the monthly withdrawal of 10k?

where the monthly withdrawal might affect your earnings is if your MMF T&C requires more than one month holding period, but i think most MMF are just one month, so you can start withdrawing after one month with no charges.

I think where the TB will be better is when the values/rates of TB (including its brothers and sisters grin ) are dropping then the interest rate of the MMF with be dropping too (but capital is still preserved). Hope you dig?

But i think the risk to earnings is worth trying (100000% of us are praying and fasting using all means so that it will not drop grin grin grin
Re: Mutual Funds by SirJohn(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miders:

In your scenerio you have made the assumption that both investments have same interest rate right? But in the practical terms, TB has an advantage with fixed rate for the 365 days period and interest paid upfront.
For MMF, interest rates may keep fluctuating and this affects your yield.
Rates were well over 18% as at October 2017 but right now it has gone as low as 12%.
So say for instance the guy who invested in TB at 17% for 365 days in October 2017 has an advantage over the guy who invested in MMF at 18% around the same period cos the TB rate of 17% is locked down for him while for MMF its not.
I'm not a guru but I think this explains it

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Miders(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
SirJohn:

In your scenerio you have made the assumption that both investments have same interest rate right? But in the practical terms, TB has an advantage with fixed rate for the 365 days period and interest paid upfront.
For MMF, interest rates may keep fluctuating and this affects your yield.
Rates were well over 18% as at October 2017 but right now it has gone as low as 12%.
So say for instance the guy who invested in TB at 17% for 365 days in October 2017 has an advantage over the guy who invested in MMF at 18% around the same period cos the TB rate of 17% is locked down for him while for MMF its not.
I'm not a guru but I think this explains it

Yes my assumption is that both investment have the same interest rate. I understand that fluctuations will affect MMF that's why i used average rate of 12% within 12 months period for simplicity, so lets assume the rates ranged between 14% and 11% within that year. In reality one can not predict the average rate for MMF for a year in advance i just want us to use 12% for the analysis. It could even be higher (thereby having an advantage over TB) or lower (being at a disadvantage to TB) than 12%.

The aim of this is to know which option would give better value with this assumption that both have 12% interest.
Re: Mutual Funds by SirJohn(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miders:

Yes my assumption is that both investment have the same interest rate. I understand that fluctuations will affect MMF that's why i used average rate of 12% within 12 months period for simplicity, so lets assume the rates ranged between 14% and 11% within that year. In reality one can not predict the average rate for MMF for a year in advance i just us to use 12% for the analysis. It could even be higher (thereby having an advantage over TB) or lower (being at a disadvantage to TB) than 12%.

The aim of this is to know which option would give better value with this assumption that both have 12% interest.

Its all a matter of choice Sir
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
1) You need to be withdrawing that money (10k) monthly to give to your brother so with TB you have that money which can be re-invested in MMF.

2) With MMF, you have access to the interest every quarterly (I think). Any attempt to withdraw this 10k every month affects your principal and the future interest. The interest only becomes part of your Principal after 3 months if you don't touch it.

3) Interest in MMF could either rise and fall in the course of this one year you are talking about.

Miders:

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2018
Miders:

MMF rates are currently higher than TB so you can't give both 12%, however, I'm not sure if the true yield of mmf will remain higher considering the service charge at the end of the tenor, the increased yield for MMF are basically input from commercial papers and FG bonds.
While TB pays you upfront interest, MMF pays you monthly after the first month so both serve your purpose, with TB, you can't pull out your capital without penalties while with MMF, you can pull out everything after the first month.

You may also need to consider that a month you didn't pay your brother's allowance, MMF will reinvest the 10k with your capital in compounded interest.
Both guarantees your principal intact.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by AceRoyal: 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
oseri:
Take it to any stanbic IBTC bank with a utility bill, one passport photograph and a means of identification like national Id card, voter's card, drivers license.
If u need additional info, pls DM me so I can send u the phone number of one of their workers. And again u need to provide evidence of payment. If u check the form u filled, u should see the stanbic account number for money market funds. U can do online transfer and print out the payment advice. For more info, send a mail to mutualfunds@stanbicibtc.com

Hello,
I'm currently having transmission issues with my 09 Toyota Corolla. I feel you can be of help since you've had similar experience before. How can I contact you please.?
Re: Mutual Funds by sheddyboy01(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
What is the current stanbic Ibtc mmf fund rate ?
Re: Mutual Funds by sheddyboy01(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Would Stanbic take responsibility for anything that goes wrong with this scheme

How safe is stanbic ibtc mmf, gurus in the house enlighten me before I jump in.
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2018
sheddyboy01:
What is the current stanbic Ibtc mmf fund rate ?
12.31 %

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2018
sheddyboy01:
Would Stanbic take responsibility for anything that goes wrong with this scheme

How safe is stanbic ibtc mmf, gurus in the house enlighten me before I jump in.
SIBTC, a member of the Standard bank group, operates the largest and oldest mutual funds in Africa...
In fact, investment banking is the main selling point of SIBTC.
In the Stanbic IBTC mmf, your principal is guaranteed..
Re: Mutual Funds by sheddyboy01(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
eezeribe:

SIBTC, a member of the Standard bank group, operates the largest and oldest mutual funds in Africa...
In fact, investment banking is the main selling point of SIBTC.
In the Stanbic IBTC mmf, your principal is guaranteed..
Alright, thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by Mukah1234(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2018
Please house. How do I pull out all my funds on stanbic MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 9:10am On Jun 21, 2018
Please , calculate with an initial capital of 100,000 for me.
eezeribe:

12.31 %

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: ixyi(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.