Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress (3005 Views)

World Igbo Union Drums Support For Buhari’s Government / World Igbo Congress Is Facilitating Biafran Secession / World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Abagworo(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Amid a melodrama at the Hilton South-west, Houston Texas, venue of this year’s World Igbo Congress, efforts by Pro-Jonathan group to take charge of the event suffered a setback, as they met their match in supporters of the governor of Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha who sang his praise all through the duration of the programme.

The occasion had witnessed the presence of the Hon. Minister of Labour, Chief Emeka Nwogu, Senator Hope Uzodinma, former Governor of Anambra State, Chief Peter Obi, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanayanwu and host of other politicians.

It also had in attendance the Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere who used the opportunity to mobilise support for the governor as well as selling the Rescue Mission agenda of the state government at the arena.

It was apparent that the organisers of the programme were determined not to allow efforts by the Jonathan’s campaigners to derail the programme of the day as they literally neutralized moves to that effect by the President’s supporters.

Imo deputy Governor spoke of the effort of Owelle Rochas Okorocha government in area of health and the twenty seven general hospitals in twenty seven local governments of Imo State.

He further revealed that Ochiedike Dialyses and Diagnostic Centre has got off ground, which he said is a partnership with the Israeli medical experts.

Madumere spoke extensively on the zero drop out in Imo Schools due to free education policy of the government, which he said runs from primary and Secondary schools up to the tertiary level.

He reiterated the government’s gesture at giving free educational materials to students ranging from free chair and desks, free books, free uniforms, free shoes and sandals.

He also hammered on the government’s effort at instilling spirit of patriotism in every Imo child as it is also motivating them to go to school through quarterly stipend paid to the children.

He said, “It is only when we have done our own part as a State that we can now ask our children, like the former and late President of the United States, J.F Kennedy, what have you got to do for our dear State and the country at large”.

He also told his audience about the novel ideology of Community Government Council, which has served not just as government at the grass roots but as economic growth blue print as well as crime fighting mechanism.

He described the ideology as a redefined Igbo communalism woven with enterprise.

Madumere who was newly admitted into the fellowship of the Nigeria Institute of Management(Chattered) did not fail to speak on the correlation of growth and quantum leap in hospitality industry in Imo State with the wisdom of Governor Okorocha in building world class facilities for corporate events thereby attracting the corporate world to the feet of Owerri.

He cited just concluded Nigeria Bar Association Annual Conference, which attracted over twelve thousand persons into Owerri, which he said saw every hotel and hospitality outfit ran out of materials for services.

The high points of this year’s World Igbo Congress Annual Convention which centered on Economic altar call on Igbos in diaspora to come home and invest with a safe and secure environment like Imo State and the handover of the Certificate of Occupancy of the land promised by Governor Okorocha to the President of the Congress, Nduka Nwosu for them to start the proposed health center without further delay.

The crowd however became uncontrollable as it applauded all through the governor of Imo State, while some highly elated participants could not help lift up Imo Deputy shoulders high while singing the praises of Okorocha.

In the process, the pro-Okorocha in appreciation of reports on good performances of Imo state governor dwarfed efforts by the pro-Jonathan group who mobilised to the venue of the event to launder the image of the President on his plan re-election into office.

Nduka Nwosu, the President of the Congress who spent a reasonable time thanking Okorocha described him as a great leader who is passionate about the future of Ndi Igbo.

He pour encomium on the Rescue Mission Government, pledging the support of Ndi Igbo for his political journeys wherever he goes.

And a soon as Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Madumere made his move to leave, he was mobbed by admirers who all engaged him in warm embraces and handshakes. The event came to an end the moment Madumere stepped out of the hall.

http://www.newspotng.com/okorocha-overwhelms-jonathans-campaigners-at-world-igbo-congress/

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Jonathan went there to campaign without even pointing any reÀsonable achievement in the SE other than appointment(which I don't see as achievement). Rochas Deputy went there to real out achievement of his Administration. Rochas was celebrated.

Moral of the article:

"work diligently and your achievement will campaign for you"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by DickDastardly(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2014
I came, i saw, i commented cool

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Jonathan went there to campaign without even pointing any reÀsonable achievement in the SE other than appointment(which I don't see as achievement). Rochas Deputy went there to real out achievement of his Administration. Rochas was celebrated.

Moral of the article:

you have spoken well. I expect evey well meaning Igbo man and woman to agree with your post.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Jonathan went there to campaign without even pointing any reÀsonable achievement in the SE other than appointment(which I don't see as achievement). Rochas Deputy went there to real out achievement of his Administration. Rochas was celebrated.

Moral of the article:

Each time I open twitter and see Abati posting photos of Onitsha/Owerri road as Jonathan's achievement I feel like giving him a slap through the phone for consitent peddling of falsehood. IMHO Jonathan has done some things for all Nigerians but the way some paid Igbo Nairalanders come here to tackle Okorocha is quite annoying amidst the total neglect of infrastructures in the Southeast by FG. Why are they not ashamed of themselves?

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Abagworo:

Each time I open twitter and see Abati posting photos of Onitsha/Owerri road as Jonathan's achievement I feel like giving him a slap through the phone for consitent peddling of falsehood. IMHO Jonathan has done some things for all Nigerians but the way some paid Igbo Nairalanders come here to tackle Okorocha is quite annoying amidst the total neglect of infrastructures in the Southeast by FG. Why are they not ashamed of themselves?
Jonathan is not responsible for the rehabilitation of Onitsha-Owerri road. Why are they giving him the accolades for it? angry

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: Jonathan is not responsible for the rehabilitation of Onitsha-Owerri road. Why are they giving him the accolades for it? angry

In all honesty, from Uli to Ihiala town which spans about 3km was still under construction when Jonathan assumed office and he completed it. However the way Abati posts the photos some gullible people might think it was started by Jonathan administration or his admin even did up to 20% of the road.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by hardywaltz(m): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Abagworo:

My dear, I tot I was the only one.
Onitsha - Owerri road that was constructed by OBJ and completed by Yaradua, the only thing GEJ did was painting of the concrete median to green white green and he wants to take glory.
Thunder will strike the Ruben Abati very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Abagworo:

In all honesty, from Uli to Ihiala town which spans about 3km was still under construction when Jonathan assumed office and he completed it. However the way Abati posts the photos some gullible people might think it was started by Jonathan administration or his admin even did up to 20% of the road.
Yes I think from Uli to Ihiala was the last part of the road to be constructed maybe because of the heavy traffic at that stretch,but that doesn't mean he completed it. Is there any other federal road in the SE which is 100 percent completed?

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by focus7: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Is it not obvious that is only the clueless and unexposed igbos who knows no other place than their village and probably their state headquarter and the kids on NL that does not value the worth the Owelle? The real achievers knows his worth.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by chibwike(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
following
Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by enomakos(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2014
are you guys sure rochas is working?
Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2014
GEJ only gave out appointments to his igbo cronies so they can enrich themselves. These same folks use the wealth to develop other regions while they neglect alaigbo. It's so sad that gullible ibos can't see this.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Energito: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Abagworo:

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
IMHO Rochas Okorocha is the best Governor in the south east

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Mckennedy: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Rochas is not doing enough.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2014

Moral of the article:

I dont think ewedu consumption kills brain this fast.
The rabble rouser Okorocha went to a gathering for the advancement of the Igbo nation to sell his propaganda. Didnt you read the speech delivered by Osodieme Obiano on behalf of her absent husband? Where in this very speech did Akpokuedike spoke of Anambra and what he is doing? This is not about Imo state but the Igbo nation in whole . Then again I dont expect anything better from a rabble rouser who gets excited at sighting a microphone.

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
TribalEAST: GEJ only gave out appointments to his igbo cronies so they can enrich themselves. These same folks use the wealth to develop other regions while they neglect alaigbo. It's so sad that gullible ibos can't see this.

Stop making daft and ignorant comments just like your Okorocha. Call the names and tell us how they cornered the loots. Ewedu brain!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I dont think ewedu consumption kills brain this fast.
The rabble rouser Okorocha went to a gathering for the advancement of the Igbo nation to sell his propaganda. Didnt you read the speech delivered by Osodieme Obiano on behalf of her absent husband? Where in this very speech did Akpokuedike spoke of Anambra and what he is doing? This is not about Imo state but the Igbo nation in whole . Then again I dont expect anything better from a rabble rouser who gets excited at sighting a microphone.
Odenigbo, iwela iwe o! So what did Obiano's wife say in her speech? [s] To tell them her husband does not drink Alcohol but Champaigne? [/s] What did she say?

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Stop making daft and ignorant comments just like your Okorocha. Call the names and tell us how they cornered the loots. Ewedu brain!
if stealer oduah is not enough, how about ihejirika, okonjo iweala etc

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by xtianh(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
those who see nothing good in Rochas government are the true enemies of imo state and alaigbo in general. How can one be so blind that when he sees good development he simply cus of his hatred for the man in charge continue to criticise and castigate the development. Rochas has done so well in imo state and no doubt about it.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
xtianh: those who see nothing good in Rochas government are the true enemies of imo state and alaigbo in general. How can one be so blind that when he sees good development he simply cus of his hatred for the man in charge continue to criticise and castigate the development. Rochas has done so well in imo state and no doubt about it.
He's simply hated because he joined APC. What else will make him be hated that much even when he's doing so much for Imo State?

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Abagworo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
xtianh: those who see nothing good in Rochas government are the true enemies of imo state and alaigbo in general. How can one be so blind that when he sees good development he simply cus of his hatred for the man in charge continue to criticise and castigate the development. Rochas has done so well in imo state and no doubt about it.

The energy and time they spend looking for any fault in Okorocha to amplify is amazing. Some even enter inside gutter or deliberately dump refuse inside drainage and snap picture of their own refuse to spite a man giving his best with limited time and resources.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: Odenigbo, iwela iwe o! So what did Obiano's wife say in her speech? [s] To tell them her husband does not drink Alcohol but Champaigne? [/s] What did she say?

I dont listen to asili umunwanyi because that wont take us anywhere. I will post the speech Osodieme delivere and you can be the judge of who has the Igbo interest at heart.
By the way,not all Champaign contains alcohol.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Berem,this is Akpokuedike's speech as delivered by Osodieme.
Obiano Makes case for Economic Re-invention of South East

The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has made a case for a more aggressive approach to the development of the South East in a manner that would ensure its survival as an economic block.

In an address at this year’s edition of the World Igbo Congress in Houston titled “Laying the Foundations of Hope, Chief Obiano argued that as true sons and daughters of the great Igbo ancestors who had mastered the art of democratic leadership long before the arrival of the colonial masters, Ndigbo must define the challenges of the present time and rise to them.

Chief Obiano who was represented at the Congress by his wife Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano further noted that the Igbo of the 21st century has evolved dramatically over the years to the growing acknowledgement of the attentive world but regretted that in spite of the individual accomplishments of Ndigbo, Igboland has continued to suffer economic neglect.

Articulating his position on the least considered response to the threat of Boko Haram against Igbos and their businesses in the Northern parts of the country, Chief Obiano argued that the time has come to build the economy of the South East to serve as a safe harbor to Igbo merchants who face life-threatening situations in different hostile locations across the world.

Said he; “It has been said that more often than not Ndigbo have often risen to the height of political cohesiveness when pushed to the wall or faced with the threat of extinction. Those who hold this view usually point at the Biafran War as an instance when our people lived out the true meaning of the well-known Igbo maxim of Onye aghana nwanne ya. But the ability of Ndigbo to cohere as a group when faced with extinction has been repeatedly challenged in recent times by the endless onslaught of Boko Haram in the North. As no true Nigerian leader will advocate an armed resistance to Boko Haram by any geo-political zone in the country, the question I would like to really ask is, when will the persistent threat of Boko Haram provoke Ndigbo into re-inventing the South East geographical zone?”

The governor further observed that as economic migrants, Ndigbo have have mastered the art of survival in unfriendly territories but without a viable economic homeland of their own, they will continue to fall victims to violent arguments between brothers in their adopted homes.

Said he; “the time has come to envision an economic future for our people – to build a vibrant economic block across the Niger where the famous business talent of our people will find expression in a more secure and friendly home.”

According to him, unlike their ancestors, “the Igbo in the 21st Century is not limited by the confines of culture and geography. Unlike his forefathers, the 21st Century Igbo has long exploded on the global stage, influencing and being influenced, contributing and borrowing from the diverse cultures of our time.”

Governor Obiano further observed that, Ndigbo have excelled on all fields as distinguished scholars, academics, scientists, writers, painters and historians. But it is however sad that ever since the end of the Biafran War, Igbo achievements have remained largely abroad. I stand to be corrected but it is mostly true that since the blast of the last gunshot of the Biafran War, no significant Igbo scientific genius has happened on Igbo soil.”

The governor maintained that as individuals, Ndigbo have distinguished themselves wherever they found themselves and have proven to humanity that they are just as good as any other socio-cultural group on God’s green earth, but they have yet to transform Igboland into a modern wonderland with their famous Igbo genius.

Said he; “time and time again, it has been proven that our inability to draw the attention of the world to Igboland with our genius is not for want of talent or greatness but essentially because of our inability to work together as a socio-political group in the turbulent political theater of Nigeria. This political immaturity has turned Ndigbo into a silent majority in a political universe where power belongs only to the people who have the audacity to grab it with both hands.”

Governor Obiano however reasoned that all hope was not lost for Ndigbo as could be seen with initiatives like the World Igbo Congress, observing that “so long as we can still come together under one roof to look at the grave issues of our collective survival as an ethnic nation of our own, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel.”

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
The difference between a true Igbo son and a noisemaker that was spoon fed by northern terrorists!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli: The difference between a true Igbo son and a noisemaker that was spoon fed by northern terrorists!
I don't expect Obiano's wife to say anything about his husband's achievements because he is barely four months in office. Meanwhile I want to know if there's anything wrong with what Rochas said in the conference?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by HisSexcellency(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2014

Moral of the article:

What a title? I see no correlation whatsoever between the title of this post and its content. All i see "imo state deputy governor said this, he said that, blah blah blah. Who spoke for Gej at the meeting, he didnt say only listed so politicians present. Can you name one of the speakers supporting Gej that was overwhelmed at the venue.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by drnoel: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Abagworo: Amid a melodrama at the Hilton South-west, Houston Texas, venue of this year’s World Igbo Congress, efforts by Pro-Jonathan group to take charge of the event suffered a setback, as they met their match in supporters of the governor of Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha who sang his praise all through the duration of the programme.

The occasion had witnessed the presence of the Hon. Minister of Labour, Chief Emeka Nwogu, Senator Hope Uzodinma, former Governor of Anambra State, Chief Peter Obi, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanayanwu and host of other politicians.

It also had in attendance the Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere who used the opportunity to mobilise support for the governor as well as selling the Rescue Mission agenda of the state government at the arena.

It was apparent that the organisers of the programme were determined not to allow efforts by the Jonathan’s campaigners to derail the programme of the day as they literally neutralized moves to that effect by the President’s supporters.

Imo deputy Governor spoke of the effort of Owelle Rochas Okorocha government in area of health and the twenty seven general hospitals in twenty seven local governments of Imo State.

He further revealed that Ochiedike Dialyses and Diagnostic Centre has got off ground, which he said is a partnership with the Israeli medical experts.

Madumere spoke extensively on the zero drop out in Imo Schools due to free education policy of the government, which he said runs from primary and Secondary schools up to the tertiary level.

He reiterated the government’s gesture at giving free educational materials to students ranging from free chair and desks, free books, free uniforms, free shoes and sandals.

He also hammered on the government’s effort at instilling spirit of patriotism in every Imo child as it is also motivating them to go to school through quarterly stipend paid to the children.

He said, “It is only when we have done our own part as a State that we can now ask our children, like the former and late President of the United States, J.F Kennedy, what have you got to do for our dear State and the country at large”.

He also told his audience about the novel ideology of Community Government Council, which has served not just as government at the grass roots but as economic growth blue print as well as crime fighting mechanism.

He described the ideology as a redefined Igbo communalism woven with enterprise.

Madumere who was newly admitted into the fellowship of the Nigeria Institute of Management(Chattered) did not fail to speak on the correlation of growth and quantum leap in hospitality industry in Imo State with the wisdom of Governor Okorocha in building world class facilities for corporate events thereby attracting the corporate world to the feet of Owerri.

He cited just concluded Nigeria Bar Association Annual Conference, which attracted over twelve thousand persons into Owerri, which he said saw every hotel and hospitality outfit ran out of materials for services.

The high points of this year’s World Igbo Congress Annual Convention which centered on Economic altar call on Igbos in diaspora to come home and invest with a safe and secure environment like Imo State and the handover of the Certificate of Occupancy of the land promised by Governor Okorocha to the President of the Congress, Nduka Nwosu for them to start the proposed health center without further delay.

The crowd however became uncontrollable as it applauded all through the governor of Imo State, while some highly elated participants could not help lift up Imo Deputy shoulders high while singing the praises of Okorocha.

In the process, the pro-Okorocha in appreciation of reports on good performances of Imo state governor dwarfed efforts by the pro-Jonathan group who mobilised to the venue of the event to launder the image of the President on his plan re-election into office.

Nduka Nwosu, the President of the Congress who spent a reasonable time thanking Okorocha described him as a great leader who is passionate about the future of Ndi Igbo.

He pour encomium on the Rescue Mission Government, pledging the support of Ndi Igbo for his political journeys wherever he goes.

And a soon as Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Madumere made his move to leave, he was mobbed by admirers who all engaged him in warm embraces and handshakes. The event came to an end the moment Madumere stepped out of the hall.

http://www.newspotng.com/okorocha-overwhelms-jonathans-campaigners-at-world-igbo-congress/

WHat kind of stupid, trash, junk news is this?
Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by asadike(f): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Akpokuedike my governor, u are a true son of ndi igbo. Dalu rinne.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by abagoro(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Berem,this is Akpokuedike's speech as delivered by Osodieme.
Obiano Makes case for Economic Re-invention of South East
The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has made a case for a more aggressive approach to the development of the South East in a manner that would ensure its survival as an economic block.
In an address at this year’s edition of the World Igbo Congress in Houston titled “Laying the Foundations of Hope, Chief Obiano argued that as true sons and daughters of the great Igbo ancestors who had mastered the art of democratic leadership long before the arrival of the colonial masters, Ndigbo must define the challenges of the present time and rise to them.
Chief Obiano who was represented at the Congress by his wife Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano further noted that the Igbo of the 21st century has evolved dramatically over the years to the growing acknowledgement of the attentive world but regretted that in spite of the individual accomplishments of Ndigbo, Igboland has continued to suffer economic neglect.
Articulating his position on the least considered response to the threat of Boko Haram against Igbos and their businesses in the Northern parts of the country, Chief Obiano argued that the time has come to build the economy of the South East to serve as a safe harbor to Igbo merchants who face life-threatening situations in different hostile locations across the world.
Said he; “It has been said that more often than not Ndigbo have often risen to the height of political cohesiveness when pushed to the wall or faced with the threat of extinction. Those who hold this view usually point at the Biafran War as an instance when our people lived out the true meaning of the well-known Igbo maxim of Onye aghana nwanne ya. But the ability of Ndigbo to cohere as a group when faced with extinction has been repeatedly challenged in recent times by the endless onslaught of Boko Haram in the North. As no true Nigerian leader will advocate an armed resistance to Boko Haram by any geo-political zone in the country, the question I would like to really ask is, when will the persistent threat of Boko Haram provoke Ndigbo into re-inventing the South East geographical zone?”
The governor further observed that as economic migrants, Ndigbo have have mastered the art of survival in unfriendly territories but without a viable economic homeland of their own, they will continue to fall victims to violent arguments between brothers in their adopted homes.
Said he; “the time has come to envision an economic future for our people – to build a vibrant economic block across the Niger where the famous business talent of our people will find expression in a more secure and friendly home.”
According to him, unlike their ancestors, “the Igbo in the 21st Century is not limited by the confines of culture and geography. Unlike his forefathers, the 21st Century Igbo has long exploded on the global stage, influencing and being influenced, contributing and borrowing from the diverse cultures of our time.”
Governor Obiano further observed that, Ndigbo have excelled on all fields as distinguished scholars, academics, scientists, writers, painters and historians. But it is however sad that ever since the end of the Biafran War, Igbo achievements have remained largely abroad. I stand to be corrected but it is mostly true that since the blast of the last gunshot of the Biafran War, no significant Igbo scientific genius has happened on Igbo soil.”
The governor maintained that as individuals, Ndigbo have distinguished themselves wherever they found themselves and have proven to humanity that they are just as good as any other socio-cultural group on God’s green earth, but they have yet to transform Igboland into a modern wonderland with their famous Igbo genius.
Said he; “time and time again, it has been proven that our inability to draw the attention of the world to Igboland with our genius is not for want of talent or greatness but essentially because of our inability to work together as a socio-political group in the turbulent political theater of Nigeria. This political immaturity has turned Ndigbo into a silent majority in a political universe where power belongs only to the people who have the audacity to grab it with both hands.”
Governor Obiano however reasoned that all hope was not lost for Ndigbo as could be seen with initiatives like the World Igbo Congress, observing that “so long as we can still come together under one roof to look at the grave issues of our collective survival as an ethnic nation of our own, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel.”

Obiano's speech is equally impressive. I feel glad that he made his contribution strictly with the issue at hand and not join the others in campaigning for Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress by jmoore(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
What are they doing in obodo oyibo? World Igbo congress should be held in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It’s Official: America Is Now No. 2 / Buhari Is Weak: He Will Not Change His Attitude. - IBB. / Why Is Buhari Been Called “BABAONECHANCE”?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.