Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? (492 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Is A Federal Minister Superior To A State Governor Constitutionally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by Pita99(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pls I want to know because PDP have declared him their presidential candidate and the last time I checked 'There is no doubt that by the provision of the 1999 constitution as amended, Nigeria government can only spend maximum of eight years in office. That is why section 137 (1) (b) of the 1999 constitution as amended provides that a person elected to the office of president at any time for two previous elections shall not be qualified for subsequent election as president of Nigeria. unless the constitution is deliberately amended to accommodate him, all this PDP news declaring him their Predsidential candidate is nonsense because he is not constitutionally eligible.
Re: Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by jamace(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
No. He is DIVISIONALLY qualified to contest in 2015. angry
Re: Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by 2cato: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
The problem is that no matter how hard u try to use the constitution to stop and oppose gej they inturn will also interprete the constitution up side down at the end of the day the court will yield to the voice of gej
Re: Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
I wonder if it is night school that this Op and his supporters attended.

Jonathan completed Yaraduas tenure because he did not contest the presidential ellection but was just a running mate to late Yaradua. So you did not vote him.

You only voted for Jonathan in the year 2011. So 2011 to 2015 is his first tenure and 2015 to 2019 will be his 2nd tenure.

I feel bad because Nairaland has become a place where those in day care comes to learn a.b.c.d.

GEJ TILL HAUSA BECOMES THE OBA OF LAGOS.
Re: Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Very good question Op! I will charge only N2m as legal fee to take this case. Just contact me I'm ready to prove it constitutionally. If not, Please keep quiet about the eligibility of GEJ
Re: Is Jonathan Constitutionally Qualified To Contest In 2015? by davo3286: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Op, are you a learner?! The eligibility of GEJ to contest in 2015 is no longer disputable. Abi u b JJD?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Would Have Rescued Our Chibok Girls – Ndume / Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo Goes Back To School For Phd. / Mention One Thing Nigeria Has Gotten Right After Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.