Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not (678 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 22, 2014
One thing that bothers me so much is the scam of Pentecostal Christianity particularly in Nigeria. Two so called Men of God TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome are in the news for the wrong reasons/
My grouses with these people are many but here are a few
1) Claiming supernatural powers to perform healing miracles or tell the future
often these are faked and stage managed and people who could walk are presented as cripple or blind and subsequently HEALED"
2) Prosperity preaching: Encouraging people to SOW SEEDS and other manipulative techniques all aimed at separating gullible people from their money promising that God would reward them manyfold. This is a lie and a fraud. Let us stop and consider rich people worldwide and in Nigeria from Steve Jobs,Richard Branson to Roman Abramovich and Laksmi Mittal or Bill Gates,Dangote etc . Going to church ,sowing seeds etc has NOTHING to do with getting rich. It is lazy and dishonest to think all you need to do to get rich is pay money to one fraudulent church and then mumble abababaroboscrobodo every Sunday. Do people think God is Stupid
3)Living in stupendous opulence and luxury on money taken by fraud and manipulation from the very poor
4) My greatest grouse is this; by promoting a style of thinking that is superstitious or "magical" these churches encourage a way of thinking that stifle innovation by planting very strongly in the mind of our people bizarre ideas like "spiritual spouses" "principalities and powers". That humans can turn into cats nd bats .That people can touch you and still you PENI5 etc. Such bizarre ideas are fiemly and perhaps irrevocably planted in the minds of our most "schooled"(I cannot say educated) is it any wonder that we are not at the forefront of innovation in technology,science and mathematics. They are two parallel ways of thinking and CANNOT occupy the same space.
I acknowledge ht people are entitle to believe whatever fantasy they like but we must accept one FACT there is no evidence that those who believe in any god are better off than those who do not

2 Likes

Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by okotv(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2014
no....the issue here is that I get overwhelmed and disturbed when I see false doctrines been taught and practised today making many people misunderstand the Gospel...I really don't know how to correct them cause the misunderstandings are enormous
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Damsman10(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: One thing that bothers me so much is the scam of Pentecostal Christianity particularly in Nigeria. Two so called Men of God TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome are in the news for the wrong reasons/
My grouses with these people are many but here are a few
1) Claiming supernatural powers to perform healing miracles or tell the future
often these are faked and stage managed and people who could walk are presented as cripple or blind and subsequently HEALED"
2) Prosperity preaching: Encouraging people to SOW SEEDS and other manipulative techniques all aimed at separating gullible people from their money promising that God would reward them manyfold. This is a lie and a fraud. Let us stop and consider rich people worldwide and in Nigeria from Steve Jobs,Richard Branson to Roman Abramovich and Laksmi Mittal or Bill Gates,Dangote etc . Going to church ,sowing seeds etc has NOTHING to do with getting rich. It is lazy and dishonest to think all you need to do to get rich is pay money to one fraudulent church and then mumble abababaroboscrobodo every Sunday. Do people think God is Stupid
3)Living in stupendous opulence and luxury on money taken by fraud and manipulation from the very poor
4) My greatest grouse is this; by promoting a style of thinking that is superstitious or "magical" these churches encourage a way of thinking that stifle innovation by planting very strongly in the mind of our people bizarre ideas like "spiritual spouses" "principalities and powers". That humans can turn into cats nd bats .That people can touch you and still you PENI5 etc. Such bizarre ideas are fiemly and perhaps irrevocably planted in the minds of our most "schooled"(I cannot say educated) is it any wonder that we are not at the forefront of innovation in technology,science and mathematics. They are two parallel ways of thinking and CANNOT occupy the same space.
I acknowledge ht people are entitle to believe whatever fantasy they like but we must accept one FACT there is no evidence that those who believe in any god are better off than those who do not

@OP do u believe in God?
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by mmsen: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2014
The evidence we have shows that societies where religion is most prominent are the most unequal, with higher crime and infant mortality rates.

2 Likes

Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Damsman10:

@OP do u believe in God?
What do you mean by God exactly ? If you explain that to me then I can answer you.
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2014
No, truth is - the less fvck you give about religions and gods, the freer you live.

I can't imagine the restless life of these victims a.k.a believers,.....every now and then you are possessing your possession,
sending holyghost fire to your neighbors & enemies, binding the spirit of your ancestors, paying money(tithe) for god to bless you,
shouting robotoko..rabaraba..yokoyoko day and night....pathetic!!

5 Likes

Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by ooman(m): 10:02am On Sep 22, 2014
mmsen: The evidence we have shows that societies where religion is most prominent are the most unequal, usually have a higher crime and infant mortality rate.
... and racism
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Damsman10(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: What do you mean by God exactly ? If you explain that to me then I can answer you.

I mean do u believe that God is the only explanation of a supernatural behind every natural thing that happens around us
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
Damsman10:

I mean do u believe that God is the only explanation of a supernatural behind every natural thing that happens around us
What do you mean by "God" .I am not being funny but I cannot assume so please tell me what YOU mean by God it is only when you do that that we can then progress to these other new terms like "supernatural" and "natural".
Many people use the word God but it means different things to different folk just like the word "FOOD" you could be talking about leaves,grass,faeces,rats,snakes,biscuit,bread, depending on the aanimal or when you say "FUEL" you could be talking about diesel,firewood ,petrol, gas etc
So please explain what you mean by God.
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Atigba: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2014
NO ...one don't need to be religions to live a fulfilled life
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Damsman10(m): 11:39am On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: ...

yea ur ryt , dis is who He is:::
God is often conceived as the Supreme Being
and principal object of faith. [1] The concept of
God as described by theologians commonly
includes the attributes of omniscience (infinite
knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power),
omnipresence (present everywhere),
omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine
simplicity , and eternal and necessary
existence. In theism , God is the creator and
sustainer of the universe, while in deism , God
is the creator, but not the sustainer, of the
universe. Monotheism is the belief in the
existence of one God or in the oneness of God.
In pantheism , God is the universe itself. In
atheism , God is purported not to exist, while
deemed unknown or unknowable within the
context of agnosticism . God has also been
conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a
personal being, the source of all moral
obligation, and the "greatest conceivable
existent".
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Damsman10(m): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Damsman10:

existent".

u just need 2 compile all
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Damsman10:

you should be in nursery school, with my kids, ... they share the same reasoning with you. . no offense, just smh!!

1 Like

Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Damsman10:

existent".
So in short you do not know what God is
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by MizMyColi(f): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Errmm, I didn't read the content of this thread, but @Topic is a big fat blatant lie.
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by Damsman10(m): 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
anyway am out, y'all should just have faith n believe in whatever u wish, it ain't my biz,

all my hope n prayer is dat I dnt end up in dat fire; yea d1 we both know of.....

so peace out.
Re: Do Those Who Believe In God Have Better Lives Than Does Who Do Not by oyewolestephen(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is obvious, Church as now become a profit oriented company, just imagine selling oil, water, salt even some are selling Biro for students all in the name of deliverance

(1) (Reply)

The Neuroscientific Basis Of David's Conquest Over Goliath. / Your Opinion!! Ipad Replacing Bible In The Church / What Is Your Pastor Saying About 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.