Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

“Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts (8259 Views)

Tight Clothes Can Harm You Really Badly..... / Urgent!!!...heavy Period With Large Clots Of Blood..please Help! / Ladies: Why You Must Stop Wearing Tight Panties (2) (3) (4)

“Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Ezyp(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Lagos (NAN) – An Orthorpaedic Surgeon, Akintayo Akindele, on Friday in Lagos, cautioned women against wearing tight body shapers to guard against gastrointestinal problems, nerve damage and even deadly blood clots.

Akindele of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that body shaping underwear, popularly called “girdles’’ among women, were used to achieve a slimmer look.

He said that the undergarments which also help women achieve a smooth, flat stomach could pose serious health risk as they may restrict blood flow around the body.

“When women wear really tight body shapers, it can decrease and restrict the blood flow.

“This can lead to blood clots which can travel to the lungs, heart, the brain and even lead to death.

“Tight shape wear can be restrictive; you may have trouble breathing properly. Some women have even fainted in extreme cases.

“Such extremely tight garment squeezes the lungs, causing your lungs to have difficulty expanding enough to take in a proper amount of oxygen,’’ he said.

Akindele said that body shapers gave the illusion of a smaller figure, flattening the stomach and bringing in the waist line.

He, however, urged women to ensure that they wear body shapers that fit comfortably to prevent health problems.

Muhyi Abubakar, an Orhorpaedic Surgeon at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja, said women should be careful not to choose tight body shapers.

Abubakar said that most women wear tight body shapers as substitute for losing weight.

“Tight body shapers are not good substitute for losing weight which is the major reason most women wears them.

“You are just squeezing the body too much and you are placing either direct pressure on to a nerve or squeezing internal organs,’’ he said.

Abubakar advised women to eat right and engage in regular physical exercise for weight loss rather than resort to body shapers.

“If you must wear body shapers, ensure you are very comfortable in it. If you notice that your curves are not smoothed out, this means that you need a larger size, not a smaller one.

“The fact is you have to listen to your body.

“If you are uncomfortable, it suggests that you are not wearing the right type or size of body shapers and this could lead to health risks,’’ said the expert.
SOURCE: http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/09/20/wearing-tight-shape-wear-can-cause-blood-clots-death-health-experts/

Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by TRADELYN: 9:32am On Sep 22, 2014
grin Wow grin
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Ezyp(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2014
TRADELYN: grin Wow grin
and ladies will always want to 'fit in'

Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by cutieberie1(f): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
dat woman is fat.instead of dem to exercise or manage theirselves.they wear girdle to kill themselves.thank God i hv a flat tummy

Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Ezyp(m): 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
cutieberie1: dat woman is fat.instead of dem to exercise or manage theirselves.they wear girdle to kill themselves.thank God i hv a flat tummy
but the lady on the third picture got flat tummy and she isn't fat...

Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Temihatz(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Ladies with their big wahala. Where some are looking for different kinds of enlargement, others are busy looking for tight body shapers.
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Innodon(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Tell those fat ladies
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by nollyway(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2014
I pity fat ladies cha angry
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Innodon(m): 6:51am On Dec 14, 2014
Temihatz:
man grow up. .this is not your father's garage
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by decode55(m): 6:52am On Dec 14, 2014
help me tell 'em o!

The want to get slim by magic grin grin

Talk about trying to eat your nkwobi & having it cheesy cheesy
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Beehshorp(m): 6:52am On Dec 14, 2014
If I hear say our gals agree.. Na now den go wear jegens and leggings sef..
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by NotNairalandi(m): 6:52am On Dec 14, 2014
Fake news!
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by lonelydora: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2014
Booked space***** run into my wife's wardrobe, brings out all her leggings and tight jeans.

Goes back to read topic***** Ok, they are talking about Girdles, sighs, takes her leggings back to her wardrobe.

Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 14, 2014
huh
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2014
*singing I'm 4 reall by flavour* I'm 4 real I'm 4 real girl I want u 2 knw dat I'm 4 real I'm 4 real girl I want u 2 dat I'm 4 real
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by EternalBeing: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2014
Dress in moderation. Honour ur Creator and respect ur body. Why dress to kill?
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Temihatz(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2014
Innodon:
man grow up. .this is not your father's garage
Maybe someday God will pity you and give u some lil sense. undecided
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Hardheolar(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2014
bbbb
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by coolzeal(m): 6:57am On Dec 14, 2014
This should be for ladies(fat or slim) and those gay a*ss men. Tho, the slimmer or tighter clothes kinda reveal women sexiness and curves. I suggest wrapper.
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by parzdor(m): 7:01am On Dec 14, 2014
hehehehe since 2013 wei ah joined nairaland na today 14 december 2014 i dey make fp menh thanksgivin tins cizza come join me
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Pavore9: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2014
Many don't mind the consequences as long they look beautiful!
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by ignis: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2014
There are different level of tight........
I guess the article is talking about extreme tight cases.
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by Abdgafarplenty(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
1000 ways to die! #GBAM
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by tundeayo2020: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
too many dos and don'ts ayaff tired

ps-something must kill a man
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by kemtoiz: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
Uncle u can lie oo. Which kind health expert talk dis one. Nawa o. Could b heath apprentice shaa!
Re: “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts by ghostwritter(m): 7:05am On Dec 14, 2014
This is a message to all the girls who are trying to be like Kim Kardashian or Nicky Minaj.....I really pity ladies who will do anything to impress the guys

Ukazi Leaves Are A Nutritional Powerhouse! / Lagos Discharges 87 Coronavirus Patients Today / How To Lose 5 KG In 3 Days With This Simple 3 Day Detox Diet