Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State (2216 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / APC Refutes Alleged Relocation Of Boko-haram Detainees To Anambra - Vanguard / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 9:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Governor Willie Obiano’s pursuit of excellence in Anambra State has continued to resound across the world as the investment community recently responded to his economic programmes by investing a whopping $382.3m (N62bn) into various strategic economic segments in the state.

Out of this sum, a total of $220m was signed in at the weekend when two major investors decided to swoop on the agricultural and tourism sectors of the state. The companies are Joseph Agro Ltd which pumped in the sum of $150m into the Omor Rice Mill project in Ayamelum Local Government Area of the state and Cardinal Developers Trust Ltd which is investing the sum of $70m in a five-star hotel project in Onitsha respectively.

Joseph Agro Limited, a subsidiary of Bravura, one of Nigeria’s major energy firms and its technical partner, REI Agro Commodities, the world’s leading rice producer has by this agreement taken over the Omor Rice Mill with its 10,000 hectares of virgin land and the 3,850 hectare Lower Anambra Irrigation Project.

Speaking at the MoU signing ceremony in Awka at the weekend, the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano explained that Joseph Agro Ltd would produce 120,000 metric tonnes of rice paddies per year in its first phase, pointing out that in addition to the output of Coched Farms, the project would completely eliminate the state’s rice supply deficit by 99%.

Said he; “Joseph Agro Ltd will help expand our scope in the agricultural sector. When fully operational, it will put 10,000 people in direct employment and about 25,000 in indirect employment. At the same time it will lead to the development of human and technical capacity to enhance local rice production as well as boost the growth in our internally generated revenue,”

Like Joseph Agro Ltd, Cardinal Developers & Trust Limited is also taking over the completion of Anambra’s 5-Star luxury hotel in Onitsha, which will be managed by Radisson Blu on completion. Cardinal Developers & Trust Ltd is expected to build a 2,000 capacity conference center in Onitsha and construct 161 units of luxury apartments, flats and terrace houses in Onitsha.

Offering insight into the nature and benefits of the agreement with Cardinal Developers & Trust Ltd, Governor Obiano explained that “the project is expected to form a part of the Onitsha Entertainment Hub which has a world class shopping mall currently under construction and is financed by Africa Capital Alliance. This project will generate 400 direct jobs and 2000 indirect jobs.”

According to him, on completion, the hotel is expected to attract discerning clientele and stimulate a new culture and lifestyle in Onitsha that has not been in existence all these years in addition to catalyzing the interest of investors in Onitsha which is in line with the state government’s on-going urban renewal efforts in the major cities.

Also speaking at the MOU signing, the Managing Director, Mr. Joe Billy Ekwunife explained that the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA) through which the investments found their way into the state had received 112 presentations and proposals from prospective investors and service providers in the last four months.

Said he; “These investors and proposals are put through a generic assessment and viability exercise which evaluates the investor’s credibility and competence, financial capacity and timeframe of investment, among other criteria. At this moment seven (7) proposed investments have been identified as suitable, credible and value-creating for the indigenes of Anambra State. It is worthy of note that the generic assessment and risk analysis exercise has been carried out.”

ANSIPPA estimates that by the end of December this year, Anambra would be $1.5bn richer in investments arising from another five MoUs that are in line to be signed.

Anambra State is fast becoming an investors’ haven of sorts since the Obiano administration tightened the noose on crime and insecurity in the state

Already, one of the investors, Coched Farms Project, a subsidiary of the Coscharis Group has set up an office along the Onitsha-Enugu Expressway, hired some workers and mobilized to its farm settlement in Anaku.

On its own part, the state government has moved in to build the capacity that would support the impending agricultural revolution, successfully midwifing the formation of 1,874 cooperative societies that will catalyze the revolution. The members of these cooperatives will be trained and prepared in modern technics of mechanized farming.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2014
Leading the pack since 1904!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 9:42am On Sep 22, 2014

ANSIPPA estimates that by the end of December this year, Anambra would be $1.5bn richer in investments arising from another five MoUs that are in line to be signed.

The people rejoice when a technocrat is in power..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Worldbest...

The brainbox of the Black Race

5 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by ak47mann(m): 9:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Anambra adigo mma cool

6 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Thank God my pop still have empty plots at Iyiowa Odekpe,

3 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by CrinkumCrankum: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Anambra Adigo mma

4 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2014
This can only happen when you decides to fight for yourself and state,

other than blaming Federal Government for ya poor management

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2014
First it was like a dream and then it started happening and became a reality.
I know Akpokuedike will take my beloved Omanbala to where it rightly belong.
Its not just about investors trooping in but the credibility of the investors and the screening they went through to make sure they make do on the agreement and deliver the said projects on time. Truly,Obiano is a sound and shrewd technocrat. I know in about 8yrs Anambra will rise and her people will rejoice. The sleeping giant has awoken and great things will start happening. By the time these projects are completed and functions ensues the greatness of Omanbala will reverberate all over the world.

8 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Fashola4thSon: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2014
God bless Ndi Anambra ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Abagworo(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
OdenigboAroli: First it was like a dream and then it started happening and became a reality.
I know Akpokuedike will take my beloved Omanbala to where it rightly belong.
Its not just about investors trooping in but the credibility of the investors and the screening they went through to make sure they make do on the agreement and deliver the said projects on time. Truly,Obiano is a sound and shrewd technocrat. I know in about 8yrs Anambra will rise and her people will rejoice. The sleeping giant has awoken and great things will start happening. By the time these projects are completed and functions ensues the greatness of Omanbala will reverberate all over the world.

I hope your eyes are now cleared with regards to Peter Obi. Obiano has shown clearly that he has the good of Anambra at heart. I've been quite impressed with his actions even though he emerged through a flawed electoral process. That Onitsha hotel for example was abandoned by Obi and could not be completed for 8 years but Obiano knowing that the State can't afford to continue that way invited private investors to take over. I just pray he is not blackmailed by the Umeh mafia and his good intentions derailed.
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

I hope your eyes are now cleared with regards to Peter Obi. Obiano has shown clearly that he has the good of Anambra at heart. I've been quite impressed with his actions even though he emerged through a flawed electoral process. That Onitsha hotel for example was abandoned by Obi and could not be completed for 8 years but Obiano knowing that the State can't afford to continue that way invited private investors to take over. I just pray he is not blackmailed by the Umeh mafia and his good intentions derailed.

You see,the only way people like you will ever learn to mind your business or at least speak the truth is to be blown up with OGBUNIGWE ! And I mean this!
Nobody abandoned any hotel,the said hotel has not been going on for 8yrs and not even more than two and the funds for the projects were already mapped out by Obi before he left. You jealousy for Anambra drives you crazy and pushes you to all limits of insanity. Did you say flawed election? What do I expect from an insecure and a compulsive lying old punk like you. What Obi did for Anambra is well documented and Obiano wont be on this speed if it wasn't for the solid foundation laid down by Obi. What Obi did in Anambra gave Obiano the option to try other avenue of investment and that is continuity. Akpokuedike has been hammering that h3 will continue where Obi stopped and thats what he is doing. Education,healthcare,industrialisation,agriculture and roads and housing has been shaped for a speedy take off and Obiano wont be on this speed if it wasnt for the dirty job Obi did. For example,the Omor rice farm was acquired by Obi after three year of negotiations with the federal government and now Obiano just have to bring investors and blow up the revolution.
You are pained and frustrated that Anambra is miles ahead of everybody and since you have ran out of options to use and bring us down you are now towing another way. Just go and die because all your mates are dead!

10 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by nigerianvenom(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nice one obiano

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagwo I have warned u to back off from anything that concerns my state and its people. Imagine the projects that started last year that u ediot said started 8yrs ago.

What Obi achieved in all sector will take leaders in imo state 40yrs to attempt.

Stop poking your nose on our matters because we are ahead u and ur state in all indices of development.

Okorosha is an incompetent rabble rouser who needs to understudy Obi' developmental progs.

Anambra is on the path of steady development, no envy from clowns like u can stop us.

Obiano is taking us to another level from where Obi stopped. We are not resposible for the backwardness in ur 'ordinary' state.

Abagworo:

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
U just nailed it. The ediot born ba.stard by an ikwere woman should just go and die because all his mates are dead. Abagwor go and die ur mates are all dead.
His envy and frustration for our lovely state is actually driving him into a full blown madman..lol

OdenigboAroli:

You see,the only way people like you will ever learn to mind your business or at least speak the truth is to be blown up with OGBUNIGWE ! And I mean this!
Nobody abandoned any hotel,the said hotel has not been going on for 8yrs and not even more than two and the funds for the projects were already mapped out by Obi before he left. You jealousy for Anambra drives you crazy and pushes you to all limits of insanity. Did you say flawed election? What do I expect from an insecure and a compulsive lying old punk like you. What Obi did for Anambra is well documented and Obiano wont be on this speed if it wasn't for the solid foundation laid down by Obi. What Obi did in Anambra gave Obiano the option to try other avenue of investment and that is continuity. Akpokuedike has been hammering that h3 will continue where Obi stopped and thats what he is doing. Education,healthcare,industrialisation,agriculture and roads and housing has been shaped for a speedy take off and Obiano wont be on this speed if it wasnt for the dirty job Obi did. For example,the Omor rice farm was acquired by Obi after three year of negotiations with the federal government and now Obiano just have to bring investors and blow up the revolution.
You are pained and frustrated that Anambra is miles ahead of everybody and since you have ran out of options to use and bring us down you are now towing another way. Just go and die because all your mates are dead!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by abagoro(m): 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
Odenigbo AKA Oneeast AKA Chino your case is pathetic.I've seen you in Imo, Abia and Enugu threads critcizing without other Igbos taking it personal. We must be real here, Owerri is way more developed than all your State. You can go and die for all I care. Obiano looks set to liberate your State from the hands of Obi and Umeh. At least the signs are there. My prayer is that in the future one can visit Awka for a cool weekend the way we do visit Owerri, Calabar and Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by shizzle11(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro: [s]Odenigbo AKA Oneeast AKA Chino your case is pathetic.I've seen you in Imo, Abia and Enugu threads critcizing without other Igbos taking it personal. We must be real here, Owerri is way more developed than all your State. You can go and die for all I care. Obiano looks set to liberate your State from the hands of Obi and Umeh. At least the signs are there. My prayer is that in the future one can visit Awka for a cool weekend the way we do visit Owerri, Calabar and Enugu[/s].
nwokem respect your self this moment. This is not a comparism thread, if you have nothing to contribute then pleaes keep mute. Better stick to thread.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by asadike(f): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nnam ukwu obiano,dalu rinne.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by shizzle11(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
I cant wait for the completion of the shopping mall and the commencement of the 5-star hotel. Akpokuedike has taken governance to another level, a step above where okwute left it.

God bless Gov Obiano!

God bless Anambra!

God bless Alaigbo!

PROUDLY ANAMBRA! cool

5 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hahahaa..I have become Odenigbo now because he gave u my kind of punch.

Ur problem is complex issue. Was it not the same pix of owerre that we see here everyday, very dirty place without even good roads. Have u seen the bad roads that littered all over owerre which I'm ready to share here right now? The only reason few people go to owerre is because of ur cheap girls that are mostly prostitutes in that ur useless state..lol. Any graduate of IMSU is a potential roadside wh.ore..lol but that is the truth. Ur education and health sectors are the worst in the SE..lol

The only economic activity in owerre and imo state is prostitution that is why u hardly see other Igbos living in owerre. But the reverse is the case because at least 1/4th of imo state people are resident in Anambra. Why is that?lol

Anambra beats imo state hands down when it comes to dvelopment. Awka as a young state capital beats owerre. Awka receives more weekenders than ur filthy harlots infested owerre. Awka is getting malls and flyovers while owerre of over 35yrs old is yet to have any of these facilities..lol

Ur people troop to Anambra to sink billions whereas they left ur state desolate and deserted..lol we are not responsible for your backwardness. It will take imo state another 100yrs to get to where Anambra is at the moment..that is if ur rabble rouser gov will not increase ur current debt profile from 200b to 500b by next year. Anambra will continue to be miles ahead ur useless and 'ordinary' state and there is nothing u can do about.

Imo state is the least developed state in the SE. Deal with it or go and die because all ur mates are already dead..

abagoro: Odenigbo AKA Oneeast AKA Chino your case is pathetic.I've seen you in Imo, Abia and Enugu threads critcizing without other Igbos taking it personal. We must be real here, Owerri is way more developed than all your State. You can go and die for all I care. Obiano looks set to liberate your State from the hands of Obi and Umeh. At least the signs are there. My prayer is that in the future one can visit Awka for a cool weekend the way we do visit Owerri, Calabar and Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Energito: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Good news.all the same GEJ till 2019.
Longlive Ika
longlive Anioma
longlive Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Ifebros(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chino nwanne, give us the breaking news na. Obiano floors Ngige and Nwoye at the supreme court. Congratulations Obiano.
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chino abeg you can slaughter abagworo but dont bring Imo people into it.

Abagworo is nobody in Imo State, let him die of hatred and jealousy but spare Ndi Imo,
i wont buy the idea of maligning a whole state just because a rabbies infested dog let lose off its chain and started straying.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by oneeast: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is true nwanne, we dey here dey jolly over the court matter.. cheesy

Ngige should prepare to leave senate next year.. cheesy

Ifebros: Chino nwanne, give us the breaking news na. Obiano floors Ngige and Nwoye at the supreme court. Congratulations Obiano.
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by customised13: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Bunch of idiats arguing over a useless state

Chindo the driver. How are you? cheesy
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Fashola4thSon: 6:48am On Sep 23, 2014
This post will never make front page.

Tribal admins
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by 3dankey(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Am happy with this good news coming from anambra state. This man (willie obaino) is a technocrat, who understand what development is all about.
I just hope that all his good intentions for anambra state will be fruitful.
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Obiano should dump some of these our local contractors like IDC and use Arab, CCC, InterBau.

I dont understand why that IDC of a coy should be getting serious construction jobs in my state instead of directing them to tar inner city roads.

I hate the coy as much as i hate their handiworks.

Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by VAQAXY: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Anambra uses the following contractors: CCECC, CCC, RCC, IDC, INTERBAU etc..

IDC is equally very good. Just check out the Agulu Lake bridge they are constructing to link the Agulu Resort..

OkijaAmaka: Obiano should dump some of these our local contractors like IDC and use Arab, CCC, InterBau.

I dont understand why that IDC of a coy should be getting serious construction jobs in my state instead of directing them to tar inner city roads.

I hate the coy as much as i hate their handiworks.

Mtcheeeew

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by asha80(m): 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
VAQAXY: Anambra uses the following contractors: CCECC, CCC, RCC, IDC, INTERBAU etc..

which road did they use CCECC?i hope you know there construction is like julius berger's works..........wonder how idc would be building those flyovers in awka.
Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by theassassin: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
customised13: Bunch of idiats arguing over a useless state

Chindo the driver. How are you? cheesy

who knows this bastard?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State by VAQAXY: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
They are using CCECC for the reconstruction and expansion of Upper-Iweka to Zik's junction. Anambra uses other contractors apart from IDC. I have seen IDC completed projects like the bridge I posted up there, they are equally very good!

asha80: which road did they use CCECC?i hope you know there construction is like julius berger's works..........wonder how idc would be building those flyovers in awka.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Lagos Rally / APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari / Governor Akpabio Bribes Inec Rec 25 Billion To Write Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.