Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. (39130 Views)

Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by hardywaltz(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2014
Kaduna state Governor, Alhaji Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, yesterday declined an award by the Kaduna North local government chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), saying he had to be told the reason and what he did to deserve award.
The governor, who spoke during award night and cemetery fund raising in Kaduna, frowned upon religious conflict, which he said was unjustifiable misrepresentation of teachings contained in the Bible and Quran.
He said: “I want us to be frank. I only accept award if I am told the reason and what I did or achieve but all I want to say is, and there is need for us to work hard for peace. But I am happy because I saw you honouring Muslims here which shows there is unity and understanding.
“We must do away with those who have only sweet talks, they will want to divide our society for their interests and the fact is, after they get what they want, they will still face problem of re-uniting same society they divided.
“There is no need to be fighting on religious and ethnic lines, religious leaders must work hard and ensure that we overcome all these challenges. This is my own take, we will all agree that we are serving God and so there is no reason for all these unrest.”
In his address, chairman of the occasion and immediate past chairman of CAN in the state, Rev. Samuel Kujiyat, said there was need for peaceful co-existence “because it is the bedrock of development.”
The recipients included the Minister of Environment, Mrs. Laurentia Mallam, Senator Mohammed Sani Saleh, Rev. Joseph Hayab, Alhaji Shehu Ahmed Giant, Kaduna state Commissioner of Local Affairs and others.

CAN has become a shame under OritsejETfor.

Yero rejects CAN award - Blueprint
http://www.blueprint.ng/2014/09/22/yero-rejects-can-award/

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by dulaman: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2014
wise man.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by sweetgala(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Very thoughtful , you can not collect a prize for success when there is chaos all around and you feel you have failed your people in providing a measure of security and comfort .

52 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2014
CAN award under the leadership of the bling-bling pastor has become a partisan and political tool affiliated to PDP.

What an insult!

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by philantoxx(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2014
oritse femi sorry jafor has killed can.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by edoyad(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Impressive though

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Rad1cal: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2014
useless catholics busy berating CAN over Yero explanable rejection of his award.

14 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2014
berem: CAN award under the leadership of the bling-bling pastor has become a partisan and political tool affiliated to PDP.

What an insult!
You remeber how CAN misconstrued the school unification policy of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola in Osun state

36 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2014
KIRIJI: You remeber how CAN misconstrued the school unification policy of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola in Osun state
no thanks to the bling-bling pastor who is using CAN to fight political enemies of PDP.

God is watching them!

40 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by archland22: 11:46am On Sep 22, 2014
berem: CAN award under the leadership of the bling-bling pastor has become a partisan and political tool affiliated to PDP.

What an insult!
na wao!!! u need deliverance.

23 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Lilimax(f): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
CAN award undecided??

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by ayukdaboss(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
The Bling Bling Man grin

13 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by gift01: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Someone needs ban award giving in Nigeria esp this year's National Merits Award. Imagine, they couldn't include the name of the only doctor who successfully battled Ebola virus. Rest In Peace Doctor Adadevo (Herbert Macauley's great grand daughter) we all salute you!!!

44 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Lero15(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
If he refuses to take it, it's his decision, so let's not politicise everything. I see someone cursing Catholics up there...u see why we still have a long way to go in Nigeria. Christians against Christians...SMH. APC against PDP.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by danduchi(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hypocrite,first time he is making a headline since after Yakowa's death. You don't deserve the award cos you know you didn't do anything.

13 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by egift(m): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
How can you give an award without saying what he did to deserve it. Or is Mr. Ayo sowing a seed for another Jet grin grin grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Oklander: 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
"Bling Bling award" rejected... grin

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
KIRIJI: You remeber how CAN misconstrued the school unification policy of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola in Osun state

No Sir.

Not the entire CAN that was giving AregbeRascal problem but the PDP wing of CAN. The other priests later used their common sense to settle the matter once and for all.

CAN has gone to the dogs under bling bling 50cent wannabe Pastorpreneur Ayo Oleshejafor.

Not all Priests in CAN are happy with what 50cents has turned CAN into.

I'm happy the issue has been settled and buried in Osun State. The same Christians and Muslims later voted AregbeRascal leekan si instead of CORNfused Omisebi.

50cents should be ashamed of himself. I am not happy that the so-called CAN President has become PDP card-carrying member. So, what about the Christians who support APC?

He could only do the madness in SE and SS(they are mostly Christians), it shall never work in SW layelaye. We refused to be divided along religion lines. Firstly we are Yorubas before we become Christians or Muslims. My closest padi is a Muslim.

Too Badt.

Too Badt.

72 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch / ISWAP Terrorists Seize Military Base In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.